• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't care if Chris is driver, I am instilling no Detective Conan...wait no...no japanese romance music in the car ride there and back.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Tour guide = bus driver

correct answer = 50

i win? :D
If that was the case, I would have mentioned that he was also the bus driver. Why are we even talking about this anyways? It was solved a loooooong time ago. >_>

I don't care if Chris is driver, I am instilling no Detective Conan...wait no...no japanese romance music in the car ride there and back.
;__;

Well, I have other CDs that we can listen to. =D

:069:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If I don't like them, they are gone. Given the fact you guys will be staying at my house, I do have some leverage in what plays in the car.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
If I don't like them, they are gone. Given the fact you guys will be staying at my house, I do have some leverage in what plays in the car.
True, I used the "I'm driving so my music is going to be played whether you like it or not" thing back in Florida. =P

I think you'll be fine with this, though. I have some VGM CDs with different themes like Sonic, Ace Attorney (plus remixes), and just some general stuff.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I said that the bus was traveling throughout London. How can a bus travel without a driver? >_>

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
1) A brick on the pedal
2) The tour guide is also the driver
3) The ignition got stuck
4) Do dead people count?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So... does that mean I can get in on the carpool to MLG Dallas, then? :bee:

I was still on the fence about it, but if it'll make you that happy I'll just stay home and go to the next WHOBO instead.
I am calling a seat in whatever carpool might be started for WHOBO 3 right now, however. ^_^

But Ricky, you have to listen to the veteran Austin guys if you're going.
I know you mean well and you seem like a good guy, but you seem like you can be kind of pushy at times.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I think MLG is like $35 to get in and thats all.. thats what Gnes told me.. Now that i think of it.. Only playing my tourney matches then chilling for 3 days is making me reconsider going... XD since its in my town its likely imma go just depends on money..

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I was still on the fence about it, but if it'll make you that happy I'll just stay home and go to the next WHOBO instead.
I am calling a seat in whatever carpool might be started for WHOBO 3 right now, however. ^_^

But Ricky, you have to listen to the veteran Austin guys if you're going.
I know you mean well and you seem like a good guy, but you seem like you can be kind of pushy at times.
Yeah, I guess I am a bit of a control freak. :laugh:

...Darn it, I forgot the puzzle for today while I was sleeping. I knew I should have written it down. D:

Uh...

Puzzle #4?

1 Picarat

What is 2 + 2?

:069: Hey, they can't all be winners...

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
2+2 is 2+2.. you didn't ask what it equals, sorry if im being a smart*** but you never know with your puzzle trickery XD haha.. If you want what it equals then it is 4 haha

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
What about the Kingsville tourney?

Also, Mike doesn't have to drive all the way up (down?) there. We can transfer over to JUJ's carpool since there are two open spots. >.>

theunabletable

Smash Lord
So are there any smashfests happening on Tuesday, Wednseday, or Saturday of next week?

Or any smashers that I could possibly go play with on those days in Austin next week? I maaaay not be able to do anything on Tuesday, but I think I'll be free.

I'd love to meet and play some Texas smashers.

Mike2

Smash Ace
I might be able to play one of those days. Maybe we can have a smashfest?(not volunteering to host tho haha)

And Polt, sorry man =/ I'm not gonna be going to that tourney

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So are there any smashfests happening on Tuesday, Wednseday, or Saturday of next week?

Or any smashers that I could possibly go play with on those days in Austin next week? I maaaay not be able to do anything on Tuesday, but I think I'll be free.

I'd love to meet and play some Texas smashers.
We don't have any fests lined up on those days. We meet on Fridays when I'm down to host.

Tuesday and Wednesdays are maybes for me, depending on how studying goes. Saturday's a no for me, as I'll be out of town for the OU game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'll be relatively free next week, mainly cause I'll be done with all three tests this week. So no worries for a while. Ricky, ask SA if they are willing to swing by and pick you up. I don't think any of us are going.

Edit: Chad, will you ever host a fest ever again? .-.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yeah, we miss you Chad! no homo
^this
At least come by one of Chris's fests sometime if you can't host. :<

BTW. I have a guy looking for a proper venue for Austin tournaments, if anyone's interested.
His first idea when I said "roomy and available most of the day and half the night" was "music studio", so this might take a while.

BTW #2. Joel, that is the cutest ****ed signature I've ever seen.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Jeezum, I am procrastinating SO hard on studying for History.

Ever since I came back from LA this summer, I don't give a flip about any of my non-film classes.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Excellent. We're certain to have a venue soon either way, then. :D

Also, History is a good resource for movie scripts. :3
Still a terrible subject, though.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Chris, about when I go to MLG DC, are you willing to drive me to and from the airport?

EDIT: Yes, Joel's sig is awesome.
Yes, History sucks as a course.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ricky, there's a bus that takes you to the airport and a shuttle that takes you back I believe. Just find out the times, cause the bus comes every 30 min or hour.

As far as venue goes...see if you can revive the UT Smash Club and then get permission from whoever is in charge of granting you access to those big rooms. Jose told me it's 5 bucks to get the room, so venue fee would be easy to cover. All we would need is TVs and Power Strips.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Which bus is that?

Also, I'm probably going to come back here pretty late on Sunday. Do buses run past 8 or 9?

Oh, and I asked if JUJ can drive me to Kingsville, but apparently I'm invisible in the SA thread. D:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
You should get someone to directly contact JUJ. I'm pretty sure he doesn't frequent the forums much.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
My, that actually sounds like a good plan.
Okay, so...

1. Revive the U.T. Smash club - How?

2. Get permission from whoever is in charge of giving those big rooms - Anyone from U.T. know anything about this?

3. Plan it all out (name, date, entry fee, etc.)

4. Get hype.

5. Get equipment (In order of rarity: T.V.s, Laptop with Tio, Wiis+Brawl, Power strips)

6. Actually have the tournament.

Is that how it goes? If so, it sounds like the hardest parts might be 1, 4, and 5.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea JUJ has been out of the game for a long time. Haven't seen him at recent tournies. In any case, from what I understand, the Metro Bus (Airport Blvd) takes you there, and a shuttle takes you back. I believe the Metro Bus makes stops on Dean Keaton near RLM, and somewhere close to the stadium.

http://www.capmetro.org/riding/routes_100.asp

Download the PDF file for the Airport Flyer, find out what time you need to be there to catch the bus, and get on it. I believe the bus trip takes roughly 30-40 minutes, depending on stops and what not. A normal car drive is 15 minutes.

As far as coming back, I would contact the airport and see if they have buses run that late on a Sunday night. If not, someone will have to pick you up.

Edit: As far as the UT Smash Club goes...from what I understand, it's still active in terms of uh...membership, but no meetings have been established. It's best to head into the UT Smash Club forum and ask around. They can give you all the details on how to arrange on getting a room and etc. I'm sure we can also draw a melee crowd for them as well.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No, CloverLeaf. Mind out of the gutter.
JUJ usually gives SA+Austin hotel discounts because of affiliates.
We're talking nice hotels.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Espy, do you have JUJ's number? I need to ask him if he is willing to pick me up.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it in the thread. I'll give him a call tomorrow.

Top Bottom