• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Says the lanky, uncoordinated black guy and the unathletic Mexican.
Most sports are boring to watch for me.

Basketball's just a weak man's soccer, Suspect. The goal just happens to be suspended in the air.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
basketball is nothing like futbol at all.

Hockey is the closest thing to futbol when it comes to relevant deportes.

CY

Smash Ace
rofl considering most soccer players have a body type like mine. I've played soccer and I guarantee I'm in better shape than you.

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
we can end this debate quickly and see if CY can hang with me trucking him all over the field, at least I know Juan can take a hit from me. ^_^

oh and I'd probably blow your mind in regards to "what a soccer player looks like."

But if you think soccer isn't physical or filled with too many dives then you've been watching too much of the Italian and Mexican leagues. Euro play is effing brutal, and in good old American fashion the ball we play over here is a bit less technical and more physical.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
we can end this debate quickly and see if CY can hang with me trucking him all over the field, at least I know Juan can take a hit from me. ^_^

oh and I'd probably blow your mind in regards to "what a soccer player looks like."

But if you think soccer isn't physical or filled with too many dives then you've been watching too much of the Italian and Mexican leagues. Euro play is effing brutal, and in good old American fashion the ball we play over here is a bit less technical and more physical.
I noticed this in the US vs England game. It was good, aggressive play. I was watching the Paraguay vs Italy game today, and I was a bit turned off by the sheer amount of flopping going on. Don't get me wrong, there were some hits, but most of the time, players were falling down and making expressions like as if they had been shot.

Oh, and a lot of these soccer players take their jerseys off after the game, and if you didn't know it was a sport, you figured they were just some average looking people. It's pretty deceptive when it comes to looks, especially upper body.

Basketball is enjoyable to watch, especially when you see the greats pull off amazing and improbable moves.

Baseball sucks. Cricket is where it's at.

Rugby anyone?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I caught some of the Italy v. Paraguay game today while eating at a local diner.

It was like watching a dramatic play about Soccer.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Juan do you follow suit? I wanna see you get touched by Chad and fly 10 feet and writhe in pain so the ref has to stop the game. Then you get up all okay.

Edit: Even better, have the medics come and put you on a stretcher. Then you come back a few minutes later, and the crowd goes wild.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm not a fan of pansy soccer, so I don't usually do it. I did it once in an indoor game b/c the guys were being douches, though. Got the call :)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Well guys, crash and burn. She said she just wants to be friends.

I feel like I have a lot of passion to offer, but girls just don't see it, I guess.

It just really makes me question myself.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh my. I'm sorry, Chris.

Why is questioning yourself so bad, though? Introspection is important.
Question your thoughts and definitions of yourself and the things around you. If anything, it will give you a fresh view of yourself and the way you interact with your surroundings.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
SO THERE WAS AN EARTHQUAKE?!

And Chris, sometimes stuff just doesn't work out but that doesn't mean it was anything wrong with you; you shouldn't feel like there's a need to question yourself.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Chris needs a whole new personality change. A new look. Leather jacket. Motor Bike. Hair slicked back. Aviators. No more Disney, it's all about Mahvel baby.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
nothing wrong with a lil c&b chris, just keep plowing.

if you think basketball is anything like soccer, then u dont know anything about either.
being in shape and being good at soccer isnt a direct relationship.

and i say that being in shape and athletic, but im no good at soccer para nada.

and brazil knocks in a goal as in typing this.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If you think Bowling isn't a sport, you've obviously never tried to chase the ball down the lane.
You're doing it wrong.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well guys, crash and burn. She said she just wants to be friends.

I feel like I have a lot of passion to offer, but girls just don't see it, I guess.

It just really makes me question myself.
Getting rejected a million times is worth those few times you find that amazing girl. You can't find that girl if you're not trying though so keep it up ^_^.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Well, she talked to one of my friends yesterday. She said she really likes me, but she's just scared of being in a relationship with someone who doesn't have much experience since she got out of a four year relationship a year ago.

Lame, but I'll just keep doing my thing and being hands down the most outgoing and impressive person in my class. Maybe she'll see none of that matters. If not, her loss.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Well, she talked to one of my friends yesterday. She said she really likes me, but she's just scared of being in a relationship with someone who doesn't have much experience since she got out of a four year relationship a year ago.

Lame, but I'll just keep doing my thing and being hands down the most outgoing and impressive person in my class. Maybe she'll see none of that matters. If not, her loss.
You took a chance. I respect that.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Jesus ****ing Christ, JoWii. NO.

Nameless_Wanderer, you've only said one line and you're already apologizing for being dense. Nobody's going to jump out of a bush and mangle you for asking things. ^_^
Not sure about PX, but I'm pretty sure he likes the ladies.

Tournament Link. Get hyped.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's the right point of view to have on the matter, Chris! You're a pretty awesome dude, if someone passes on that it's not on you, lol.

Also, who is questioning my gender preferences? o_O

Top Bottom