• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Why would he not be banned yet? Don't they have a system in place to filter out people like that?

EDIT: How utterly infuriating. New Mario Galaxy rehash, new Metroid, two "new" Zelda titles, new Pokemon versions announced despite the recent release of HG/SS, absolutely nothing on Pikmin 3 at E3 2010.

**** you too, Nintendo.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
First person I've seen hating on Nintendo's E3 Show.

I'm not gonna lie, it is kinda stupid how Nintendo fans fall head over heals for remakes or constant first party games. It's not like I don't want Mario, Zelda, and Metroid to stop, but you gotta add something else. We've seen series like Uncharted and Halo emerge for their respective consoles, but Nintendo still carries series from since we were in diapers.

Edit: Looks like there is another "Rotten" review on RT. I can feel Chris raging from here.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Why would he not be banned yet? Don't they have a system in place to filter out people like that?
I think the reason he hasn't been fired yet is because his reviews generate so much attention (negative or otherwise) that the site benefits from the activity regardless. For every person that clicks on and or comments on his reviews the site profits from it. That's my guess.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Edit: Looks like there is another "Rotten" review on RT. I can feel Chris raging from here.
That explains the sudden feeling of fear for the apocalypse I had earlier.

It's not that I completely hated the E3 showing. There were a few things I liked. I just hated how Miyamoto's attitude was like,
"Pikmin? Yeah, we'll get around to it sometime in the next ten years. It has only been six years so far, why don't you sit back and enjoy the twelve Mario and Zelda titles we're producing this month?"

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I saw Jordan post in the Phase thread that he can't get off work, so I guess no one from Austin is coming.

Edit: Chris, you gonna buy the Toy Story 3 video game? Got pretty good reviews.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I saw Jordan post in the Phase thread that he can't get off work, so I guess no one from Austin is coming.

Edit: Chris, you gonna buy the Toy Story 3 video game? Got pretty good reviews.
Bored we still gonna do the MM?

I'm changing it from Sonic to Zelda against your Ike.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh my. Anyone that would give Toy Story 3 a bad review needs to be shot.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Guys. I know A.L.S. isn't for another month but uh...who is gonna be able to help out in housing ppl?

I'd do it ALL but my house is an hour and 15 away from the venue and it's on the market becuz I'm moving.

I know Jordan will do his fair share but we're going to need more than that. I can check w/ my relatives in Austin but I really don't think any of them care to house ppl they don't know.. ;_;

I need responses plox.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm not getting the Toy Story 3 video game because I didn't bring my Wii with me to LA, and I'm saving my money and time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just finished reading the recap on the US game. Looks like I missed a decent game with your usual iffy calls, and terrible shots. I had doubt in Donovan after he choked away the MLS cup on a PK, but he redeemed himself here.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys. I know A.L.S. isn't for another month but uh...who is gonna be able to help out in housing ppl?

I'd do it ALL but my house is an hour and 15 away from the venue and it's on the market becuz I'm moving.

I know Jordan will do his fair share but we're going to need more than that. I can check w/ my relatives in Austin but I really don't think any of them care to house ppl they don't know.. ;_;

I need responses plox.
This this this this this!!!!!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Hylian, can I get the venue address please? Or at least the general location. I have no idea what half of Austin it's going to be in

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ UTDZac- The thing is, we still have to meet the owner to make sure we can run this tournament through to the end @ this venue.

Preliminary venue address: 1308 E. 4th Street Austin, TX 78702

I say preliminary because I know we can start on-time around 11/noon but it's a Saturday and it's a bar so...I'm not sure if we can end it as last as we may, or may not, need to. We'll see if we can get somethign concrete soon.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
@ UTDZac- The thing is, we still have to meet the owner to make sure we can run this tournament through to the end @ this venue.

Preliminary venue address: 1308 E. 4th Street Austin, TX 78702

I say preliminary because I know we can start on-time around 11/noon but it's a Saturday and it's a bar so...I'm not sure if we can end it as last as we may, or may not, need to. We'll see if we can get somethign concrete soon.

Thats 10 minutes away from me. I could house some people.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Don't forget that you still owe me a MM, Jordan. ^^;

I would also like a MM with Juan, if it isn't offensive for me to ask.

Top Bottom