• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperLucario729

Smash Rookie
That's the problem. I don't live in America or any country that has a Nintendo of _______. It's just that my local supplier is a ****. This is why I don't preorder cause I will definitely get the game from that supplier. The rest of my games still come with the code
Actually, club nintendo stopped making codes for items other than game cartridges of October.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The wallcling on the edge of FD is far more finnicky to do in the Wii U version from what I've tested.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Actually, club nintendo stopped making codes for items other than game cartridges of October.
And your point is...?

The wallcling on the edge of FD is far more finnicky to do in the Wii U version from what I've tested.
The edge of FD is so thin that the wall cling place is nonexistent and you would rather sweetspot the ledge

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's there, but it's nowhere near as easy as the 3DS version's spot. My theory is that since the stages are "supposedly" the same structure, the surface got slightly warped during the upscale to 1080p. The problem is that the game tries to make you cling to the warped spot instead of the right one. It's nothing huge, but it's just random knowledge I found out while in a match.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Ha, I can finally expand my up-throw follow-ups now because of this Smash 4 Gamecube controller. I'm in love.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Heeeeeelp
I like the normal wii u pad infinitely more then the my GC controller
It really helps me focus having the screen that close. I should probably get glasses but.
Eh.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I really gotta say, I love the change to the Bowsercide. Just got a free kill by directing a Bowser off the stage and laughed like a maniac as I used extreme speed to get back on the stage. I could feel the terror from him when I threw myself into another bowsercide and nearly got him again. I have never been so excited to get attacked before.

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
I really gotta say, I love the change to the Bowsercide. Just got a free kill by directing a Bowser off the stage and laughed like a maniac as I used extreme speed to get back on the stage. I could feel the terror from him when I threw myself into another bowsercide and nearly got him again. I have never been so excited to get attacked before.
dunno why it's so hard for them to just make them die at the same time. sideB is such a stupid risk for bowser now.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
dunno why it's so hard for them to just make them die at the same time. sideB is such a stupid risk for bowser now.
Well it technically did that before as Bowser had no way to survive in the original version. The change completely eliminates a Bowser going into a timed match and slamming a -2 on someone while they hit neutral since a bowsercide used to count as an SD for the target and a +1 -1 for Bowser provided the Bowser did not take a hit before grabbing. They just happened to make it so Lucario has effectively 0% chance to die from a bowsercide.
*Actually it still applies a -2 SD on the target if they are not a Lucario or Villager if they dont land a hit on bowser, it actually changes stock matches more prominently since it used to be an easy win if the Bowser has a stock advantage.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
This explains playing Lucario in a nutshell.
I'm starting to think all Lucario mains are secretly masochist.
Myself included.
Bahaha!
I have at least some desire to keep my face from being shattered, but I will admit I'll happily stand in front of a blaster with aura sphere at the ready when given the chance. And go to the Bowsercide theme park.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
This explains playing Lucario in a nutshell.
I'm starting to think all Lucario mains are secretly masochist.
Myself included.
Bahaha!
Most of the time I strategize I plan defensive play, but I'm the type of guy who will sometimes run at a Ganondorf from the other side of the stage without any provocation and without an Aura Sphere charged.

When the "oh no if I take another hit or two I might die" kicks in I will probably play a lot more defensively.

A good way to make me play dumb is to spam and constanlty hit me with stuff like Mario's Fireballs or Sheik's Needles. Then I get angry and go on the offensive even if you are a stock ahead with a good 100% on me.

Lucario is so fun to just go on the offensive with because combos and lol Aura.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Lol.
I'm joking of course.
I never go in hard except at low percent. then I go ****ing ham~ Because yeh. Luc-ombos. <3 but otherwise i'm absurdly patient. The opponent can poke at me for years with whatever they like. All that matters is the kill.

I actually played against a fox last tourney who's one of the best in our state. And he got me up toooo 191 damage if I recall? He knew i wasn't gonna over commit to my landings so he just punished with grabs. He was at 30% and it only took an f-smash and force palm to bring him to death.

Patients is a virtue~
Thankfully I just naturally play that way. :T I really don't know how to play any different.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Guys

I feel myself turning

Away from the blue dog

I thought id main him forever

Why is jigglypuff so much fun

maybe its just because im in australia, and winning with other characters is hard when I can just stand still and wait for people to roll behind me to rest them

Id still have dog as a secondary though

the good dog not that damn duck one.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Id still have dog as a secondary though

the good dog not that damn duck one.
lol. It's fine. Last tourney I sucked up my pride and went Rosa for the grand finals.
I can tell you still want to rep homeboy, even if he ain't the one making you dough.
Aura doge forgives you. <3 Jiggs needs people to champion her too.

Haha. I think it's funny though how you went from one character with ridiculous comeback factor to another. Pff. <3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In this game, there is no shame in using more than one character. There are 51 possible characters (52 when Mewtwo arrives)...every character is bound to have a bad matchup OR people have their own personal bad matchups.

I've always recommended people pick up a secondary to cover matchups they don't like. It'd be foolish not to.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I am gonna play Alpha Sapphire for probably a long time. If anyone wants to practice or discuss Lucario poke me on Skype (mythtrainerinfinity).
lol. It's fine. Last tourney I sucked up my pride and went Rosa for the grand finals.
I can tell you still want to rep homeboy, even if he ain't the one making you dough.
Aura doge forgives you. <3 Jiggs needs people to champion her too.

Haha. I think it's funny though how you went from one character with ridiculous comeback factor to another. Pff. <3
I think Lucario beats Rosalina. You are lucky @ Steam Steam didn't know the matchup, lol.

If Luma dies Rosalina has a super hard time approaching. Not to mention not being able to swirly Force Palm. Also her air approaches in general seem pretty slow. If Luma dies too half her specials are useless.

Can't we pretty much Double Team on reaction pretty much all of her air attacks? I wonder how much knock back it takes to knock Luma to the ground. We might be able to Double team Her neutral B on reaction too and that'd be funny if it could knock Luma off the stage at 0%.

Croi

Smash Lord
If you're brave, the "punch" hitbox on Lucario's uthrow has a ton of knockback and will almost always hit Luma hard enough to send him offstage.

I was playing against a Lucina the other day on Wii U and he kept fsmashing my recovery, even if I sweet-spotted the ledge, when he couldn't do that at all on the 3DS version. Is that normal? Or did the ledges get nerfed somehow?

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
If you're brave, the "punch" hitbox on Lucario's uthrow has a ton of knockback and will almost always hit Luma hard enough to send him offstage.

I was playing against a Lucina the other day on Wii U and he kept fsmashing my recovery, even if I sweet-spotted the ledge, when he couldn't do that at all on the 3DS version. Is that normal? Or did the ledges get nerfed somehow?
I was wondering why I sent a DK to the moon in a free for all when I used up throw on someone else the other day. Now I know.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
So is the punch from uthrow stronger than the throw itself?

Lucario vs. Rosalina isn't too bad. I think we have to tools.

After playing in tournament yesterday and playing in friendlies I have finnally come to the realization that lucario's neutral game SUCKS!.

He has such a hard time dealing with characters like fox and little mac. We can beat sheik only because she can't reliable kill lucario before 150%.

Any thoughts?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Some character have moves that can clip through a ledge before the edge snap and hit Lucario during ExtremeSpeed. Not all ledges are created equal as well (think Battlefield in Melee). What stage were you on when this happened?

So is the punch from uthrow stronger than the throw itself?

Lucario vs. Rosalina isn't too bad. I think we have to tools.

After playing in tournament yesterday and playing in friendlies I have finnally come to the realization that lucario's neutral game SUCKS!.

He has such a hard time dealing with characters like fox and little mac. We can beat sheik only because she can't reliable kill lucario before 150%.

Any thoughts?
Yep, pretty much. Lucario does not so good against characters with great pressure or disruption tools. You have to play pretty carefully and make hard reads. Since Lucario's moves are overall slow compared to said characters, you have to make especially good decisions or you will die at like 80-90%.

Croi

Smash Lord
Some character have moves that can clip through a ledge before the edge snap and hit Lucario during ExtremeSpeed. Not all ledges are created equal as well (think Battlefield in Melee). What stage were you on when this happened?
For Glory stages. It was most obvious on Kalos Pokemon League. So, maybe I shouldn't pick FD over and over?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I had a feeling you would say that, I was having trouble on that stage when I was playing friendlies there as well. It's because of the very tiny lip and the thin edges on that stage. If you try to hug the walls with ES, you can see Lucario curve a tiny bit to autosnap, so some attacks can clip through the lip/edge and nick Lucario. You have to ES at the correct trajectory or Lucario will clip through the edge before the autosnap invincibility. Compare this to regular FD, the edges are thick, so very few attacks can slip through them.

It's just one of those tiny things you won't notice until you sitdown, go to training, then go, "Okay, that's dumb..."

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
I am gonna play Alpha Sapphire for probably a long time. If anyone wants to practice or discuss Lucario poke me on Skype (mythtrainerinfinity).
I think Lucario beats Rosalina. You are lucky @ Steam Steam didn't know the matchup, lol.

If Luma dies Rosalina has a super hard time approaching. Not to mention not being able to swirly Force Palm. Also her air approaches in general seem pretty slow. If Luma dies too half her specials are useless.

Can't we pretty much Double Team on reaction pretty much all of her air attacks? I wonder how much knock back it takes to knock Luma to the ground. We might be able to Double team Her neutral B on reaction too and that'd be funny if it could knock Luma off the stage at 0%.
I still won the set :p

I think the matchup is easy now that they nerfed her nair really hard. It was literally the only move I had trouble with but it completely shut me down.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

LMAO! Yeah, once lucario hits high aura, he can deal with Rosa's zoning pretty well, and completely destroy luma with force palm. I picked her up soley on the fact that I thought Steam wouldn't know the match up. My Rosalina is fraudulent as **** :p

But i'd defs say pre-patch, Lucario practically had no answer to SH-n-air's until he gets aura. Ha. Atleast not a consistent one. Now it's not as redonkulous. and I doooon't think you can double team her n-air. you probs can between hits, but she can also just, pull backwards. I don't think it's worth risking the u-smash. =X

But yeh.
Force palm just destroys luma. at high percent EZ~

I still won the set :p.
If it means anything, I was rooting against my own bull****. LMAO!

Last edited:

Croi

Smash Lord
I had a feeling you would say that, I was having trouble on that stage when I was playing friendlies there as well. It's because of the very tiny lip and the thin edges on that stage. If you try to hug the walls with ES, you can see Lucario curve a tiny bit to autosnap, so some attacks can clip through the lip/edge and nick Lucario. You have to ES at the correct trajectory or Lucario will clip through the edge before the autosnap invincibility. Compare this to regular FD, the edges are thick, so very few attacks can slip through them.

It's just one of those tiny things you won't notice until you sitdown, go to training, then go, "Okay, that's dumb..."
I'm convinced Marth and Lucina are also just straight-up poor MUs for Lucario. Everyone says Lucario has an answer for everyone, but waiting until you're at 160% and fsmashing them isn't working and, well, ****, now I just don't know what to do.

I used to body this guy on the 3DS, but now he's got my number. It might be my fault, maybe I just got lazy, or maybe he just learned the MU faster than I did. Either way, it's pretty hard to punch a sword and win.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Eh, some characters and players were handicapped by 3DS controls imo. The lack of Cstick really hurt Marth/Lucina players and since they fixed DI and all, it might have helped them as well.

I think the matchup probably is in their favor because they have superior aerials and good up-close game and tilts. And if they Counter any of his attacks at high Aura...yeah...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oh. lol. I never fish for smashes against those 2. I just hunt them when they're landing like a shark and fish for forcepalms. <3

Forcepalm is so stupidly good in this game. Up close it catches almost all defensive options. Spot dodges, shields, and back rolls all get hit one way or another. Really the only defensive option that beats it is rolling behind lucario. Which is also ****ing risky to try if you're looking out for it.

...Ahh really though.
marth ain't that bad imo.
He still suffers from the same landing problem he did back in brawl, yet, is amazing himself at keeping the opponent juggled, which makes the match up very momentum based. Probably even more now due to the changes made to air dodges. Lucario has **** nuetral, but he can still punish and string together moves amazingly well. I'd argue his punish game is actually better then it use to be as far as reliability goes. His aurasphere also shines as probably the best moves for catching landings in the game.

Basically just don't get overwhelmed in the nuetral. Play defensively and keep repositioning yourself until you're in a favorable position to start something up. Don't be foolish and try and contend with the sword range while marth is keeping you at tipper point. I'm probably making this sound better then it is, but really, it's perfectly doable with a patient mindset. If it's bad it's very slight. From my point of view atleast.

Last edited:

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Marthcina is only annoying if they take dash assault.

Besides Fsmash not really being able to be used as poke anymore, I feel like the mentality to play the MU is virtually unchanged from Brawl.

Poke with tilts and punish Marth's commitments hard.

Sorta glad to see some other people are getting lamed out of their ledgesnap, at least I'm not the only one :(

Neverbound

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wulfiepaw
Switch FC
5778-4164-2795
Ain't nothing like sandbaggin in FREE glory mode and aura the hell out of people

For glory mode why you so free?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Because there are a lot of casuals or newbies who will play the mode.

jankanpo

Smash Rookie
hello everyone

just stopping by to say hi

i played lucario for the first time in smash 4 the other day and went 2-2 at a launch tournament (not gamestop), so it's nice to see he caters more to how i used to play lucario in brawl now with his buffed aura and the rage mechanic (since all i do is survive and get one lucky hit lmao)

i had a lot of trouble with a d3, but i think it's just mainly because i didn't know i could hit gordos back at him since all he did was zone me out with gordos and then rushed in with hammer pressure

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
In this game, there is no shame in using more than one character. There are 51 possible characters (52 when Mewtwo arrives)...every character is bound to have a bad matchup OR people have their own personal bad matchups.

I've always recommended people pick up a secondary to cover matchups they don't like. It'd be foolish not to.
Nowadays I don't even refer to the characters I use as "main" or "secondary", especially in a game like Smash4 where so many characters are perfectly viable and fun to use. Instead, I have what I call my "short list", consisting so far of: Fox, Robin, Ike (recently promoted), and yours truly, Lucario. I honestly only post here more because people ***** and moan about aura scaling and need to have the further context explained to them.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pretty much. It's always fun to mess around with other characters. Who knows, you might discover you're better with someone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom