• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browny

Smash Hater
I keep winning with Lucario even though I am convinced he is bad.

Why cant I win with characters I want to be good with, I get wrecked and go back to Lucario and camp like a ***** and it works.

I feel bad because I want to be more flashy but run away - aura sphere and spam sideb works so well

Also, I did a team match took lucario down 2 stock at 190% and used force palm. the effect is like half of FD but the hitbox isnt that large. still funny though. I guess its bigger than shulks fsmash.

Croi

Smash Lord
Lucario can do both, though. Go super ham and be flashy all you like at low percents (and cry softly when you realize every hit does 3% - you really are more style than substance), then camp and fight like you want to win at high percents. He's the whole package.

|RK|

Smash Marketer

Why cant I win with characters I want to be good with, I get wrecked and go back to Lucario and camp like a ***** and it works.

I feel bad because I want to be more flashy but run away - aura sphere and spam sideb works so well

Also, I did a team match took lucario down 2 stock at 190% and used force palm. the effect is like half of FD but the hitbox isnt that large. still funny though. I guess its bigger than shulks fsmash.
Some days, I can't tell whether Lucario's doing most of the work or if I am - my Kirby and Samus are way below par. I mean, I have put in multiple times more hours with Lucario in both the 3DS and Wii U version, but still.

Then I hard read some dude and catch them in a fully charged up smash and I think... maybe this is meant to be lol

(Ooh, and I did the shorthop dair -> FPGrab kill combo in For Glory today! It was beautiful)

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Falcon is one of those matchups I either take Glancing Counter or in the event of no customs, just switch to Marth or Puff

Dying at 80 to knee after dthrow is tooooo scary, Uair actually beats dair mash in this game too...

I kinda felt the same way on launch.

But once you get a better handle on other character's kill set-ups, they tend to feel far better for a bit.

Luc rides on people's fear to get kills I think, I can't remember the last time I have landed Aura Sphere Charge -> Upsmash.

But then you fight a Yoshi/Sonic and just sit on them until 140%+ and have FUN.

(When is spring 2015)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario can do both, though. Go super ham and be flashy all you like at low percents (and cry softly when you realize every hit does 3% - you really are more style than substance), then camp and fight like you want to win at high percents. He's the whole package.
Pretty much this. It's funny to play aggressive at low percents and then play more defensive at high percents and scare people.

_Malal

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if we have Zero to thank for that or if it was carryover from brawl

RIP Sh fair -> bair

Actually while I'm mourning.

RIP Sh fair -> dair -> airjump/footstool

RIP Sh fair -> dair -> dair

At least we make people cry with UpB distance scaling now.

Last edited:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I guess people don't realize bair is hard to hit with. I can only get it if I read a jump or airdodge.

But yeah, week 1 I thought lucario was unstoppable, but now I see he really does need aura to be viable

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, Lucario is broken, even though all the know top tier users play mostly Diddy now.

You're wrong, I promise...

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I never said Lucario was bad. Or even good. He is great. He isn't good though without aura. Just imagine if we had to play with a lucario locked at 50%. He would be mid tier-is in a heartbeat.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Everyone fears the bair. They have absolute respect for that move. They have zero respect for Aura Sphere however.
Aura Sphere is so stupid good this game. Punishing landing lag, charge refreshing moves, racking damage on characters recovering, gimping, BReversals...

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Too bad it got some extra recovery on throwing it in the transition to an engine stronger for it.

Full Charge is a heavier commitment than it used to be but at least its scary!

Don't forget you can shield/spotdodge/roll/grab on landing on the ground with Aura Sphere faster.

The punishment for ****ing it up is harder in this game compared to brawl though, RIP airdodge into buffered shield.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I never said Lucario was bad. Or even good. He is great. He isn't good though without aura. Just imagine if we had to play with a lucario locked at 50%. He would be mid tier-is in a heartbeat.
I was being sarcastic. It's funny how people stopped complaining about Lucario now that everyone is going to Diddy, who was a better character in the first place and never received complaints until now.

I hate the obnoxious "pros" in the Smash community.

_Malal

Smash Cadet
You have to remember that proffesionals are people too.

They cry, get frustrated, and have fun like the worst of us.

So of course, because they're human, they might slip up and something stupid offhandedly.

The difference is: The media often likes to blow it up and some of the peanut gallery treats their word as it is the gospel.

Not even in just videogames, several players in professional sports are subject to this too.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's not okay to be "pro" and spread misinformation. They are entitled to free speech, but if they say something dumb or wrong, then they will get called out.

Last edited:

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I do agree that they should take care in their words when they're under the microscope like that.

I am not that hard of an apologist.

But slip ups happen, however, in the case of them really trying to push a flawed agenda with skewed facts... You have said it yourself

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Him, Kirby and Wario can eat most projectiles in the game.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Eating a fsmash from Megaman is probably the biggest shock for them when they first see it.

Steam

Smash Hero
took 2nd in a tourney, got triple 2 stocked by falcon in grand finals. I have no idea how to land kill moves against intelligent players on this character.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
took 2nd in a tourney, got triple 2 stocked by falcon in grand finals. I have no idea how to land kill moves against intelligent players on this character.
The hell?!
I mean, gratz, but who beat you?
Who is this falcon I have to watch out for now? :T

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've played the Falcon matchup, and I can agree it is...interesting.

I'm home sick today, yay....anybody up for playing? Wii U version obviously.

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
In general playing offline against competent opponents I feel like we have no kill options, or options from neutral in general. what's worse is that all kill options we can try to hard read with are mega punishable.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
In general playing offline against competent opponents I feel like we have no kill options, or options from neutral in general. what's worse is that all kill options we can try to hard read with are mega punishable.
Pivots
10auraspheres

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Falcon is a super rough ride, to hell with that matchup using defaults.

Honestly, I still believe Lucario's only consistant kill set-ups start by throwing people offstage.

Reading ledge options is the only reliable way to get Force Palm Grab/Shield Upsmash/Bair imo

Outside of getting lucky onstage with pivot fsmash when they're trying to grab you or avoid a grab I don't feel we really have kill options at neutral

I miss jab -> grab/fsmash...

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
smart players don't walk into that stuff :/
Most Lucarios do not shield pressure enough too.

Falcon Kick is super easy to punish as well, think grab. Even more so if you know how to shield DI.

We have combos on Falcon until around 80-100%.

Baby Aura Spheres force Falcon to stop when he tries running at us on a flatter stage.

Be smart when recovering because his spikes are really good.

DAir his Up B as well for le gimps.

Falcon has to Dash Attack, Side B, or FSmash to hit us through a charging Aura Sphere if he's running at us with our backs turned at mid-high %s. Unless if you're totally obvious to Falcon Punches.

If you can force them into a more defensive mindset BReversed Aura Sphere charges are sooo good for racking up damage and harassing his shield. Don't go on autopilot because Falcons with good DI will Falcon Kick you out of it. If you bait it though... Free grab/Force Palm.

I've even pivot Force Palm Grabbed Falcon on his grounded Falcon Kick, his foot is kinda unprotected.

Our pivots are so good.

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Are you sure uncharged spheres are a reliable way to stop or hinder his approach?

The extra recovery on throwing it makes it far more open than brawl, I've mostly had it jumped over and ignored unless using Snaring.

That being said, I agree on pivot Force Palm being useful in that matchup, pivot ftilt has been a safe poke for me as well.

Not-on topic: I hear you are a Pokemon player yes? How do you feel about Rayquaza's rise to Super-Ubers?

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Are you sure uncharged spheres are a reliable way to stop or hinder his approach?

The extra recovery on throwing it makes it far more open than brawl, I've mostly had it jumped over and ignored unless using Snaring.

Not-on topic: I hear you are a Pokemon player yes? How do you feel about Rayquaza's rise to Super-Ubers?
It really does work. I faced an incredible Falcon on for glory before who would not let me even breathe and uncharged aura spheres slowed him down or forced him to shield/jump which let me get hits in. Uncharged aura spheres also shut down falcon kicks apparently.

_Malal

Smash Cadet
The root of my problems in that matchup is from Falcon generally full-hopping around and maneuvering around our so~so movement. So I am unsure if it will help, I will give it a try regardless.

Other half comes from his close up game straight up outspeeding ours with both gentlemen and rapidjab ender sending us at bad angles. Dtilt too.

It is difficult to get momentum but what makes it winnable is his horrible recovery, he is same as every other character while holding ledge too.

Steam

Smash Hero
he didn't falcon kick at all. I just got juggled for days and couldn't ever kill him. he consistently lived past 200%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom