• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would think Diddy would get a nerf next with all the people whining about him more.

_Malal

Smash Cadet
How can you whine about a character whose kill moves are super punishable on block/whiff and super telegraphed I'll never know.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just smile and nod.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Im gonna need a re-usable water bottle that has "Your tears" written on it. Played some matches against random people when getting some groceries and there was much crying about the aura.

Last edited:

DD_

Smash Journeyman
How the hell was this list even composed?
Because there's a lot of awfulness going on here.
The list is created by fan voting. It's literally a tear fueled tier list haha. People call it EventScrubs for a reason :)

I picked up lucario earlier this week as I feel bowser will drop off heading into the wiiu version and I must say, until i actually explain and demonstrate lucarios issues in smash 4 most people really do write him off as OP. This will change in time esp when the more fraudlent lucarios (which we apparently have in my region) get exposed.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
LoL @ Lucina being #7 above Diddy Kong. Lucario is good, but not the best.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
They are a **** at making a tier list, the Brawl one is just..ugh! makes me want to cry.
That's what happens when they let EVERY one vote I guess. A tier list imo should be 70% results and 30% insight from players who actually are confident enough to put money on the line and win.

Oh!
Also Gratz on 3rd place. <3

Last edited:

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
That's what happens when they let EVERY one vote I guess. A tier list imo should be 70% results and 30% insight from players who actually are confident enough to put money on the line and win.

Oh!
Also Gratz on 3rd place. <3
Agreed with you there man .

Haha thanks, I had another during the week and got 4th <3

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I managed to complete All-Star on the Normal difficulty level with Lucario yesterday. If anyone is trying to complete that challenge, I'd recommend doing it before unlocking everyone, as the challenge is a tad easier to complete when you're only fighting against the starting fighters.

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
I managed to complete All-Star on the Normal difficulty level with Lucario yesterday. If anyone is trying to complete that challenge, I'd recommend doing it before unlocking everyone, as the challenge is a tad easier to complete when you're only fighting against the starting fighters.
it's so easy though, once lucario is past 75% or so everything one shots everyone, just don't heal.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, even on Hard, All-Star is not very hard because damage is scaled for you. You deal more damage and knockback and take less damage and knockback. You just have to spread your healing correctly.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
There's a challenge to do it on Hard with Duck Hunt and it's driving me bananas.
No, that's Diddy.
:D

Allstars is pretty easy with all charcters imo.
So long as your fundamentals are solid.
The only thing to watch out for is getting item ****ed and stage hazards screwing ya over.

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I just lol-smash spammed everything as him.
but yeh.
Like.
Don't even really bother too much with the projectiles in free for alls.
Everything dies with just a few hits anywho.

Last edited:

Croi

Smash Lord
One of my local guys kicks my ass consistently with ROB and I've been having some trouble against one Lucina in particular online. Anyone with notably more range than Lucario is probably going to give him trouble.

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario has high reward burst options though, and standard aurasphere is actually REALLY useful against characters like lucina and RoB, it can force double jumps out of a loooot of characters.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
So...let me tell you guys a short story.

On For Glory, 1-on-1, I was fighting Pikachu with Lucario, with some darn good Aura, mind you. And at the end of the match, in a circumstance where I needed to get back on stage while Pikachu was near me, I used my fully charged AS to push him away. He shielded. When I regularly got up from the ledge, I f-smashed Pikachu's shield again, and it broke. And I won by landing a fully charged f-smash.

Its not like Lucario can break an opponent's shield with his f-smash at its strongest (Max Aura, fully charged), but that's interesting to say, at least. Not as bad Bowser Bomb or Donkey Kong, the Shield Breaker as I dub him. But he will inflict a lot of shield damage. So its best not to shield any of his powerful attacks.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Apologies just in case I was missing any important details. I'm just always expanding my 387 to 64 win rate. 387 victories to 64 losses.

Freaking love Kirby, Luigi, Pit, and of course Lucario. ;)

Browny

Smash Hater
Got the game today

Feels slower than brawl

Am I missing something here? I expected Brawl 2.0 but people said this was faster... I'm really not feeling it:4shulk:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I'm not going to lie and say I don't care about pacing, but it isn't really a problem. Speed of the game is my dependent IMO.

Play against a good falcoln player. The game will be decided, either direction, within about 2 minutes. While the mega man mu, vs most of the cast will be campy.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
I'm not going to lie and say I don't care about pacing, but it isn't really a problem. Speed of the game is my dependent IMO.

Play against a good falcoln player. The game will be decided, either direction, within about 2 minutes. While the mega man mu, vs most of the cast will be campy.
As Lucario, I despise the Falcon matchup. But then, I turn into Sheik and like the matchup.

Seriously, Lucario has no safe options against Falcon's up air.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
No character does. You have to play the MU like it is Melee/P:M ALWAYS DI away from Falcon. If you do that you at least won't die from up-air strings. Also with some good reads we can juggle Falcon a ton.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I don't know. I actually did struggle while doing that challenge a few times, even while Lucario's aura was at its strongest.
Quick question, i remember trying to do Lucario on All Star Mode in Hard on the 3DS version, and it was a bit challenging, since i would end up dying easily later on, though i did manage to complete it after 4 tries. I just got the Wii U version, so i was wondering if it's more difficult in this version, or about as hard as the 3DS was?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
All-Star is about the same. Sometimes the AI just herp derps around the stage, sometimes they read your inputs and poop on you. You just have to wait for the AI to just stop working long enough for you to spam smashes and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom