• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If this is the only real nerf, then the developers consider Lucario to now be perfectly balanced.

*insert resulting drama here*

Steam

Smash Hero
Lucario's ftilt second hitbox got buffed, it actually works now.

his fast fall feels faster also but that might just be me.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Ftilt was never a problem it was a spacing thing. I can't confirm that they made hit boxes bigger.

What they need to do is make jab useful past 90%.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
So the Extreme Speed nerf, from what I'm guessing, is going to discourage the usage of the move as doing it above the stage, you know? Like how Fox and Falco mains usually do their side bs quickly when they're off stage and above the ledge.

Either way, doesn't impact me much. Besides, I always had a feeling that recovering that way was kind of dangerous. So I usually recover below, mainly because of that wall cling in several occasions and the E-speed Wall Cling Cancel <3... if there's a name for it, anyway...

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Hmm did Nair get a buff? I noticed I can hit people with what looks like a whiff when I remember having to basically slap people before.

Steam

Smash Hero
Ftilt was never a problem it was a spacing thing. I can't confirm that they made hit boxes bigger.

What they need to do is make jab useful past 90%.
try getting really close to them and ftilting, in 1.0.3 it would always whiff the second hitbox if you were really close.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
So basically, we're even more helpless when we ES on the stage. Make a terrible situation into a terribler situation and that's the only nerf...We'll definitely take that.

Sheik's nerfs are definitely fair. And I say that as someone who uses her almost as much as Lucario.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah
Hmm did Nair get a buff? I noticed I can hit people with what looks like a whiff when I remember having to basically slap people before.
This is one of those situations where you really need to have both versions next to each other to test correctly.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Did you start to fastfall it? I find the hitbox changes when its fastfalled, and becomes an actual move worth using.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Did you start to fastfall it? I find the hitbox changes when its fastfalled, and becomes an actual move worth using.
Nope just a simple jump to Nair, I was able to swipe at the air and make contact. (unless ZSS has a head collision box the size of a bus it seems different)

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
I had knocked him to the left, so then tried to finish him off with a B-air, but missed. He did have a lot of Aura, so his ES range was huge and managed to land all the way to the far right of the platform. Maybe I shuld have been ready for the ES?
Ah, I guess that does change things a little. I thought you meant while you were still onstage. It also depends on the size and type of stage, but the majority of the time you can close the distance anyway. And, obviously, if what people are saying is true... then you should have no problem whatsoever landing a decent attack on him if it happens a second time. Xd

Last edited:

Timbah

Smash Cadet
Ah, I guess that does change things a little. I thought you meant while you were still onstage. It also depends on the size and type of stage, but the majority of the time you can close the distance anyway. And, obviously, if what people are saying is true... then you should have no problem whatsoever landing a decent attack on him if it happens a second time. Xd
Yup it kinda sucks to have more landing lag on ES now, but I can see why they did it, at high percentages you can just fly all over the stage and avoid punishment against non-fast characters.

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Yup it kinda sucks to have more landing lag on ES now, but I can see why they did it, at high percentages you can just fly all over the stage and avoid punishment against non-fast characters.
Honestly, it makes no difference to me either way. I've already learned that ES directly onto the stage is a terrible idea, so I wasn't planning on doing it anyway.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
It's actually not as obvious if you glide along the stage parallel to it
It punishes us for missing the ledge and going past it

Timbah

Smash Cadet
It's actually not as obvious if you glide along the stage parallel to it
It punishes us for missing the ledge and going past it
Oh, I've actually not downloaded the patch as of yet. I plan to download it first on my brother's and test to see the changes.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, no more easy mode.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Wow. I didn't know that landing lag nerf heavily impacted a lot of Lucario mains. Like me and Arc Quilava said, Extreme Speeding directly back on stage felt uneasy.

_Malal

Smash Cadet
Gives Ride the Wind another niche over Extremespeed as well.

Not that it can really take advantage of it with the worse acceleration... but still.

Poor UpB3, The only way I could even see it being usable with it's current distance is if luc didn't go fall-special afterwards.

Wow. I didn't know that landing lag nerf heavily impacted a lot of Lucario mains. Like me and Arc Quilava said, Extreme Speeding directly back on stage felt uneasy.
The only matchup it affected significantly was villager, honestly.

No other character really made it a good idea to arc above the ledge and fall onstage.

For everyone else if you did that you'd likely always get punished with a kill move anyway.

Croi

Smash Lord
It wasn't so much the character as it was the player. If they consistently read your recovery, arcing it around gave you another ace in the hole to make it back. Now that's not nearly as feasible.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, being able to fly away to the other side of the stage was an option. Not a good option against all characters, but some characters just wouldn't be able to punish it. Now, you'll almost certainly get punished, barring some strange circumstance.

It also makes the ES1 as an aerial finisher have far more risk, not that too many people were using it in the first place imo.

Last edited:

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Yeah, being able to fly away to the other side of the stage was an option. Not a good option against all characters, but some characters just wouldn't be able to punish it. Now, you'll almost certainly get punished, barring some strange circumstance.

It also makes the ES1 as an aerial finisher have far more risk, not that too many people were using it in the first place imo.
I was THINKING about using Extreme Speed as a KO move when the opponent was near the ceiling, but that was virtually impossible. Uncommonly, I unintentionally finish my string of attacks with it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That would explain why I was living so long as Mega Man when I was playing the Wii U version last Friday.

Good to know. Time to git gud with DI again and live forever.

Having good DI + SDI = huehuehuehuehue

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Welcome to what happens when the developers *love* your main.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Alot of the wave 3 amiibos are exclusive :/

Help I realized my 3DS copy didn't come with a Club Nintendo Code for some reason T.T
Does anyone have an extra code to spare ;-;

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Try calling Nintendo. I'm sure they will get you one, assuming they get some sort of proof from you.

The retailer-specific amiibos are kind of dumb. It automatically makes them more rare than the others, especially if your local store never restocks items regularly.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
That's the problem. I don't live in America or any country that has a Nintendo of _______. It's just that my local supplier is a ****. This is why I don't preorder cause I will definitely get the game from that supplier. The rest of my games still come with the code

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That sucks. It will be hard to find someone with an extra code.

I would not be surprised if you would end up buying another copy, only this time digital so that it automatically syncs with your NNID/Club Nintendo account.

Last edited:

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Since all of this is starting to confuse me, in summary... we just go back to regular DIs now...?
That's pretty much what I've been doing, and it's working pretty well. Just go to training and set Lucario to 50% in the middle of FD, spawn two Bomb-ombs, fsmash and see if you can survive. If you do, then you're doing DI or whatever it is currently correctly. If you die, you're doing something wrong.

Gooey Bombs also work for vertical knockback, just spawn one instead of two and change percent to 64%.

Funny how these two items are perfect for testing...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom