• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Confirming Croi da gawd

Also, foxtrot backward more and find new and exciting ways to use the Aura Sphere charge hits. You'll feel a lot better off.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's always interesting to see what secondaries people decide to use.

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
posted my tourney vids in the video thread. I'm pretty proud of them :))
As you should be, those were some great games. I also watched a couple of your post-tourney friendlies (namely against that Palutena player who I also really liked watching), it seems that you never really got a full AS reflected back, only a few smaller ones. Overall you've got really good spacing, and during the matches you had, one of the commentators remarked that you grab a lot I think. Which is funny, because Croi also had similar comments on his videos.

Lucario's up throw to up-air just feels really important at mid-low aura percents so that you're still a character who can be threatening, and later on, you mostly just grab because of the positioning you get out of f-throw or b-throw.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Being good with grabs really helps in a game where everyone shields and rolls/spotdodges a lot.

Steam

Smash Hero
my only fear is that nintendo will decide to increase the endlag on uthrow to take that away. It would be stupid but I seriously think it could happen.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'd think they would be more concerned about nerfing Diddy and balancing other characters like WFT before worrying about Lucario's uthrow.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I did say balance. She needs...everything, since no range. She honestly should have like better frame data than other characters, to make up for her crap range .

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But Lucario's gimmick is Aura, which works really well already.

WFT's gimmick might be Deep Breathing and hitboxes that have coverage on a lot of her moves, but she is sorely lacking in the range and even kill department. Like, she needs...something else to at least be semi-decent.

If anybody is up for friendlies, let me know. I'll be around since I have vacation today.

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

was messing around in training mode to see what combo'd on lucario and I think the combo meter is broken. doing Uthrow > uair on diddy at 80% shows as a true combo... however my training partner was able to Air dodge out of it EVERY SINGLE TIME. I'd have them stop air dodging and it would connect every time and show as a combo.

did the same thing for uthrow -> fair strings at low% and even though sometimes it wouldn't show as a true combo (if I was slower) they would never be able to airdodge out.

don't trust the combo meter it looks like :/

Croi

Smash Lord
Honestly, when the game's idea of a combo is to grab and pummel 999 times, you probably shouldn't trust anything it says regarding them.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, I'm not sure how combos are calculated in this game. Definitely not using the traditional definition.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, you'd want to practice in VS mode anyways, because training isn't the same as actual versus mode.

Steam

Smash Hero
Beware Lucario boards, they gave a red name to the crazed lucario with sharp teeth!

Well, you'd want to practice in VS mode anyways, because training isn't the same as actual versus mode.
It's just so much harder to practice % specific stuff outside of training because aura shenanigans. in practice almost all my combos are working but that's probably mostly because people don't know how to get out yet.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Two mods?

Things just got awkward.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up. Be careful when you charge Lucario's down smash. If you're going for 1/4 or little over that kind of charge, Lucario does an extra arm rep as if he fully charged his down smash. Basically watch his arms, if they go over his head, he'll do the extra rep which could mean bad news for the Lucario do the unwanted extra startup.

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
WHAZZUP LUCA PEEPS? (Tis out of character day for me.)

Lucario is B-U-T-full in HD glory. I can't get over those aura paws. And everyone is complaining about Diddy now... even though everyone said he wasn't that good like a month ago... ? Guess I'll never fully understand people or their motives.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
That locked topic is hilarious. $10 says that someone got read at high aura.

Croi

Smash Lord
No no, you don't understand.

He hit Lucario about twenty times and Lucario had the audacity to not die.

And then Lucario hit him twice and even the best vectorinfluence in the world did not help him!

This is clearly a major flaw in the character and not at all a very heavily weighted risk:reward gimmick for both characters in the MU. After all, Lucario doesn't have any dangerous weaknesses at any point in his stocks!

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So I learned some things today!
1.Snagging a Fox,Greninja during fox illusion/shadow sneak before they are even visible with an up smash feels amazing!
2.Charging aura sphere mid air and dropping on someone to trap them in it is the most stupid fun ever.
3.No matter what my opponent's height is I always end up landing a back air directly in their face.
4.Lucario can do high fives with Metaknight!
And finally: Getting mad does not make my hits deal more damage and gets my face smacked more often than not.

Steam

Smash Hero
TIL: We absolutely demolish duck hunt. his kill moves don't function properly so we live forever, we destroy him if we get in, we destroy him offstage, and past 100% sideB flame eats all his special moves at once and can still hit him.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Dying first against heavies is really bad, I've learned.
Pitch a tent once you do land the kill. If we get a good read we get 20-30% strings on heavies when we are at mid-high %. Two good reads even it up, which is amazing.

Sweetspot UTilt is an underrated kill move. It kills about 20-30% earlier than it did in Brawl. Sourspot kills about 10% later than in Brawl.

Anyone else like pressuring shields with FTilt?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I love SD'ing at low percents. Feels...nice.

But on the plus side, killing a Wario at 40% with usmash at near max Aura on first stock is hilarious.

Last edited:

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
Quick question on the DHD though. Can you actually hit the duck itself? As in when he uses moves like Up Air, etc.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's really not one of those things I would take personally. Just because you didn't get it this time doesn't mean you should give up trying.

Besides, I'm the ninja/lurker mod for this and every other board. Steam's just a figurehead.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
It's really not one of those things I would take personally. Just because you didn't get it this time doesn't mean you should give up trying.

Besides, I'm the ninja/lurker mod for this and every other board. Steam's just a figurehead.
Oh I'm not. I'll keep persisting! It'll be one of these days! You can't crush my spirit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom