• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croi

Smash Lord
Aha, just the guy I wanted to see. Raziek says your Lucario is really good.

I figured Kongo was his best stage, but aside from that I was drawing a blank. Why exactly do platforms present a problem? And is FD/Smashville/et al still worth picking against campier characters or ones with fast ground speed?
Lucario just doesn't have the easiest time pressuring platforms. All of his aerial attacks require lots of commitment, so if you get shielded you're in a pretty bad position to get grabbed or punished or something. And because his attacks are high-commitment, getting off a platform is just as hard too.

He doesn't have a problem against campier characters in general and he can go decently against rush-down characters like Falcon. Personally I'd just pick Smashville because that's my comfort zone. Aside from Kongo Jungle and FD, the best counterpick I can think of is maybe Duck Hunt. Or Town & City lol

Last edited:
D

Deez1

Don't pick duck hunt stage with Villager. It will be your worst nightmare.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Lucario just doesn't have the easiest time pressuring platforms. All of his aerial attacks require lots of commitment, so if you get shielded you're in a pretty bad position to get grabbed or punished or something. And because his attacks are high-commitment, getting off a platform is just as hard too.

He doesn't have a problem against campier characters in general and he can go decently against rush-down characters like Falcon. Personally I'd just pick Smashville because that's my comfort zone. Aside from Kongo Jungle and FD, the best counterpick I can think of is maybe Duck Hunt. Or Town & City lol
Ah, okay. I thought it might be because almost all of Lucario's aerials have really precise hitboxes and tend to have some startup, but I didn't know for sure. It makes sense now; he can't use them to threaten to hit characters out of landing lag the way that other characters with larger uairs can.

Why Duck Hunt and Town & City? Because the platforms are few and small on the former, and high up on the latter?

Don't pick duck hunt stage with Villager. It will be your worst nightmare.
...Why? :|

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Uair is really at pressuring platforms though, you can throw them out in a suprisingly quick succession and it only gets better with aura. We have that scary bair too and nair can be positioned to hit 2 times but uair is definitely the best one we have. Platform cancelling with dair is also an option, it has proven to be a noteworthy mixup netting some early kills with FP or uthrow followups.

We may generally not like to stand on platforms (nobody does though) but it's worth noting that on Battlefield, a grounded dair on the side platforms actually hit the majority of the cast standing underneath. Of course, it's never an optimal place to be but knowing that has helped me in turning those unfavorable situations in my favour sometimes.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
hey im zach and i use lucario often

i would also like to be added to the lucario skype group, since lucario is one of my definitive mains. i apologize for suddenly bursting in here, but i figured now would be about a good time to jump into the lucario boards for another point to getting more into the smashboards community.

my skype is zackdaepic. i made that account in 2011, i give you the right to judge harshly.

DireWolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1822-1646-5262
Uair is really at pressuring platforms though, you can throw them out in a suprisingly quick succession and it only gets better with aura. We have that scary bair too and nair can be positioned to hit 2 times but uair is definitely the best one we have. Platform cancelling with dair is also an option, it has proven to be a noteworthy mixup netting some early kills with FP or uthrow followups.
Why isn't fair on that list? Too unsafe on shield? And how do you consistently land two hit nairs?
and of course, will raz-senpai notice kami?~

Last edited:
D

Deez1

I've been trying to type on Skype but my app still says my posts are pending and no new notifications come up. What the hell?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
New patch!

I tested Fox's Jab and Lucario goes towards him as opposed being pushed in front of him, so we no longer get Jab 1->2->1 comboed across the stage by Fox.

Edit: it seems to be the hitbox right next to Fox only... Hmmm.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I honestly think Ness is our worst matchup. I think it's unwinnable if the Ness is an actual good player.
I wouldn't say that, if you mind game them you can take advantage and especially if you get them to panic.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
It's just thinking about it, Ness has answers to literally everything Lucario has. Ness doesn't really have to fear or respect Aura due to how early his Back throw kills. Because of back throw and just how punishable our kill moves are, it just makes for a bad combination.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
It's just thinking about it, Ness has answers to literally everything Lucario has. Ness doesn't really have to fear or respect Aura due to how early his Back throw kills. Because of back throw and just how punishable our kill moves are, it just makes for a bad combination.
Yeah on paper it looks bad and he has answers to a lot of what lucario does but in practice you can make sure his answers go to the wrong question and smack him.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The only thing they did was fix the ExtremeSpeed cancel on landing with aerial moves on 3DS.

I'm assuming all the patch did was fix tiny things to unify the gameplay on both systems and remove silly glitches. I hope I am wrong but probably not. Too much placebo effect going on just like last major patch.

The only good change is sharing replays, which will be amazing when the Wii U version gets that update...

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I have to admit, 2 people having a Goomy avatar got real close to confusing me.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Why isn't fair on that list? Too unsafe on shield? And how do you consistently land two hit nairs?
and of course, will raz-senpai notice kami?~
I should've maybe clarified but I think fair and uair do the exact same job at pressuring platforms from below and uair just happens to be the superior option dealing more % (being safer on shields too), setting for more damaging juggles at low% and potentially killing too. Nair isn't anything special either but as it can hit the opponent two times I felt like it should have a mention.

It's easy to land both hits of nair on shield but if you're actually hitting the opponent, you'll have to hit him as close as possible and keep on moving towards him. It gets easier the less %'s the opponent has too as the first hit doesn't push him that far away.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
My lifesize Goomy is on its way. Soon, nothing else will matter...

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Ah crap they are multiplying! And trying to deceive me! They are learning!
But these deceitful attempts though.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There is nothing deceitful about Goomy.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Why wouldn't you be?

Goomy will drive Lucario to extinction on these forums
Pfft! I pfft at you sir! A booger ball dragon can't beat a mystic kung fu anubis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom