• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Broken character, should be winning all tournaments...oh wait.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ganondorf best character. Soon everyone will be required to learn him...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
7/10, lost points because you didn't teach it to taunt after a kill.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Hey, thanks for the rating :)
Don't know why my amiibo don't taunt. I've noticed when my amiibo have reached almost max level. He just stop taunting

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
A guy can make a good point and still have spelling and grammatical errors. Harping on a few typos is a pretty weak way of refuting someone.

Same with if a guy is an *******. Just because he doesn't need to be an ******* doesn't mean he doesn't have a point (the dreaded triple negative). You'll also pay more attention to what he's saying if he says it brusquely.

We've discussed Lucario's customs pretty thoroughly by now and the only ones that are even worth having a second look at are both his Aura Spheres. The Force Palms are either too weak or laggy; the Extreme Speeds sacrifice too much of one thing or another while his default covers every base pretty well; and his Double Teams are both pretty awful all around. Shocking DT requires a landed counter anyway so you may as well stick with default, and the punch DT leaves you way too open for an attack that's way too weak.
Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't clear about harping on him if he had a typo or two. (But I posted it anyways. :facepalm:)
why can lucario break shields with two moves at high percents. hoe is busted
inb4 thread ban. :troll:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Stuff like that probably won't work. Or when it does try it, it will be at the wrong times and look hilariously bad.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Okay so! Was having a match with a friend on wuhu island and I noticed that a downthrow instakilled his shulk. Did some experimenting and turns out lucario can instakill everyone with downthrow on the wuhu island boat. Was this already known?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It's actually an interesting find; the glitch was previously thought to be Ness dthrow only against Wario/Villager on a very specific spot on the boat, and even then it wouldn't work all the time.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Might need to just find out what characters that can't do it then, a throw that forces contact on the bump on the front of the boat while its moving seems to be the the main requirement.

*tested more, it does not seem to work on captain falcon.* never mind it does, works on absolutely everyone.

Last edited:

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Guys, today it is exactly one year since Lucario was announced for the new Smash

I remember I was hyped and so happy when I first saw the POTD on the website and know that my favorite character of all time has returned :)

That was probably the best way to end a month

Here's the post Mr. Sakurai made on Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKli5Hr24Q

Last edited:

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I remember getting back form the bar and seeing the announcement, I freaked out.

Next day I forgot about the announcement and freaked out again.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Is it me or do we get a free BAir if we DI up and use our double jump out of the second hit of Diddy's Jab2 if he goes for a rapid jab?

If so I wonder which other characters we can do that to...

I also wonder how many shielded dash attacks we can hit with our USmash.

When I get some time I need to look at Air Walk in this game and see what we can do with that.

It feels like we have a number of undiscovered setups that we haven't fully explored...

We should also figure out hitstun... I was pretty sure I landed an AS charge to USmash while the opponent was still in hitstun.

All I really know about hitstun is it increases with damage output, so moves have to be assigned some sort of base before the multipliers...

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I found a fun stage specific combo the other day:
On duck hunt if you face left and double fair from the center you will land on the tree while your target if heavy will land on top of the tree so if you are quick you can pull off another 2 fairs and can get a kill with up air (provided either your target is at least 60 or you are at 50%)

*re-edit cuz I cant count

It can be avoided if they tech their landing on the tree but if they fail to do so then it can be a 5 hit kill combo. The character I did it to was Ike since Im sure that matters.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I thought that Super Smash Bros. 4 had the same hitstun multiplier as Melee and Brawl, which is 0.4 frames of hitstun per knockback unit.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
If so and I am reading http://pastebin.com/PzTjdtx8 correctly 70/4 is 17.5 frames of hitstun at base for UThrow.

Do you perhaps know how knock back gain works?
For attacks with knockback that increases as the targeted character's damage increases, they have a base knockback value and a knockback growth value. The knockback dealt also depends on the damage the opponent has after the attack lands, the damage the attack deals, and the weight of the character. The exact formula used in Melee and Brawl can be found in the SmashWiki site, and the formula is probably the same in Smash 4.

The damage an attack deals has a very noticeable influence on the knockback that an attack can deal along with the knockback growth value.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I agree, funny how no one complains about Lucario until he starts winning?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well to fair nobody complains about a character until people see the stupidity of them (if any)
Like nobody complains if nario wins with robin pit/dark pit or zelda

Or ally winning with Mario. Cause what's there to complain about?

Lucario winning from being 150+% and killing someone at 30% is when people draw the line.
I really don't care about it, it's the opponents fault for not killing lucario before he can even reach 110%.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Its all fun and games till there's paws in the face and then must call foul.

Steam

Smash Hero
afaik there were no lucarios in the top 64. June was the only one to make it out of R1 pools.

edit: also diddy bodies us

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Remember, Lucario is a terribly designed character that rewards bad play. If you lose, you're bad and if you win, you're still bad at Smash.
Don't forget that catching someone sleeping with a smash attack at high aura also means you lack all forms of skill.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Signed up for Anther's Ladder a couple days ago and ordered myself an AVerMedia Game Capture HD II today

My username on Anther's Ladder is the same as it is here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom