• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Is anther's ladder like the super srs thing to go practice on compared to nintendodojo or something.
I haven't been active on Anther's Ladder in the last 2-3 weeks but there are some good players that pop up every now and then. For super srs mode practice I would recommend going on character boards and finding their better players though.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Is anther's ladder like the super srs thing to go practice on compared to nintendodojo or something.
AiB/NDJ is completely dead outside of freeplay, friendly matches . Anthers ladder is very much alive but with mainly bad players, occasionally DECENT people pop up every now and then though.

I haven't been active on Anther's Ladder in the last 2-3 weeks but there are some good players that pop up every now and then. For super srs mode practice I would recommend going on character boards and finding their better players though.
Oh, I did this for the robin boards then they banned me from their skype group. Just wanted to make friends..

Last edited:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Duuuuudes.
Any tips on EV training my Lucario amiibo?

I maxed out his level and he has the bizarre habit of jumping all the time, and spamming baby auraspheres.
like yo stop.
It doesn't really seem to matter how much I punish it either he just kinda rolls with it. :T

D

Deez1

Hey everyone. I'll be going to Shadowloo showdown 6 and I'll obviously be one of the only people that will be promoting Lucario. I know a couple of people as well that may use him but I'll be using him only. Wish me luck everyone, if I make it to top cut and promoted on twitch.tv, I'll hope, you all watch

Btw, my doubles partner is also a Lucario main so, time to wreak damage on everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Duuuuudes.

I maxed out his level and he has the bizarre habit of jumping all the time, and spamming baby auraspheres.
like yo stop.
It doesn't really seem to matter how much I punish it either he just kinda rolls with it. :T
What does that say about you being a bad teacher? HMM?

But yeah, you should maybe just reset the amiibo data and start over...

Last edited:

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Duuuuudes.

like yo stop.
I haven't opened mine : s

Also @Deez I may be at BAM.

Also if you get on stream please don't camp and spam AS at high percent or only use smash attacks like you normally do when at high percent, it won't work like it does on wi-fi and it'll poorly promote Lucario :c

Don't let your instincts control you

Last edited:
D

Deez1

I haven't opened mine : s

Also @Deez I may be at BAM.

Also if you get on stream please don't camp and spam AS at high percent or only use smash attacks like you normally do when at high percent, it won't work like it does on wi-fi and it'll poorly promote Lucario :c

Don't let your instincts control you
Hi Karnu. I totally understand what you mean. I play like I do in tournament as well, except online, it's really easy to punish with Aura sphere. Usually everyone comes at me and I punish in many ways especially in my grab. Now that I've finally learnt to follow up, its a great thing. Up tilt juggling is really good against captain falcon and many heavy characters. Also, the difference is I don't Spam but I use AS when I know I can punish. I know how to mix it up. The way I play is also using counter to get the final blow. Same as side b, because no one expects that of how i play.

The reason I lose to top players is because they are the top. My play style has helped be out so much. I've versed many top players and also have beaten them. But thank you for those words. It will be beaten into my head.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Using double team on Megaman's explosive is the best thing ever, its also pretty funky as the explosion can be left behind where you reappear for the counter which you can try to hit Megaman and only him while Lucario continues on as normal. So fun against spam happy Megaman players.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Using double team on Megaman's explosive is the best thing ever, its also pretty funky as the explosion can be left behind where you reappear for the counter which you can try to hit Megaman and only him while Lucario continues on as normal. So fun against spam happy Megaman players.
Be careful because megaman's fsmash will hit lucario out of his counter if they know to do it. The only move in the game that can do this for some weird reason? But almost no one knows about it so whateva

Theres another way to hit him out but it requires like frame perfect precision and no one will ever do it on purpose

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Be careful because megaman's fsmash will hit lucario out of his counter if they know to do it. The only move in the game that can do this for some weird reason? But almost no one knows about it so whateva

Theres another way to hit him out but it requires like frame perfect precision and no one will ever do it on purpose
Yeah, I always double team away from them to keep space since trying to hit them with the explosive detonation is purely safe and free damage if you land it.

I have double whammy'd a few Megaman players by hitting them with the detonation and the counter but that timing is agony.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
I'm sorry to ask, but does anyone know how to approach properly with Lucario? I keep on resorting to dash attack every so often that I swear it's by nature.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry to ask, but does anyone know how to approach properly with Lucario? I keep on resorting to dash attack every so often that I swear it's by nature.
You really don't approach. Although dash attack is our fastest move grounded (assuming you are dashing already...) it's not safe on shield in the slightest, or even after a clank.

I mean if you really outskill your opponent you can wavebounce into them or approach with dash/pivot grabs, but better players are going to dumpster you doing it too much. Even then, a few % generally isn't worth a chance at being punished...

Really, when our fastest option out of shield is grab, its best to just let them come to you. Generally this is why Lucario is awful against campy characters until AS starts going thru their projectiles.

On a different note, I feel like our lack of out of shield options really causes bad habits in Lucario mains when we start to get pressured. Even watching Junebug I noticed against pressure he started rolling backwards a lot, especially when the opponent figured out dash grabs basically **** on us if we improperly space AS. Spot dodge just isn't good enough to beat out good grab game reliably and when our Jabs and tilts are slow as ****, might as well sit in shield and grab em and hope they don't do the same. Learning to move away from approaches to be able to space tilts and smashes (against slower chars...) and AS is pretty key.

tl;dr unless you are punishing laggy moves, don't approach good players lol; that is what AS is for generally.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
If you have to approach...
  • BReversals are awesome
  • Landing Force Palm Grab is nice if you don't overuse it
  • Air approaching as Lucario can be hard, would not recommend vs. a grounded opponent with a healthy shield aside from the above two suggestions
  • Pivot FTilt and pivot grab can work in neutral
  • Pivot Force Palm grab has more or different grab frames, which makes it slightly easier to grab running opponents
  • NAir is ok and the second hit may stall a punishment long enough for you to land safely if you try to land behind someone. NAir is not as awesome as it was in Brawl. Initial hitbox is more disjointed than the animation suggests
  • You could also fully charge or mid charge Aura Sphere to mind game your opponent to allow you to approach a little easier

Last edited:

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
You really don't approach. Although dash attack is our fastest move grounded (assuming you are dashing already...) it's not safe on shield in the slightest, or even after a clank.

I mean if you really outskill your opponent you can wavebounce into them or approach with dash/pivot grabs, but better players are going to dumpster you doing it too much. Even then, a few % generally isn't worth a chance at being punished...

Really, when our fastest option out of shield is grab, its best to just let them come to you. Generally this is why Lucario is awful against campy characters until AS starts going thru their projectiles.

On a different note, I feel like our lack of out of shield options really causes bad habits in Lucario mains when we start to get pressured. Even watching Junebug I noticed against pressure he started rolling backwards a lot, especially when the opponent figured out dash grabs basically **** on us if we improperly space AS. Spot dodge just isn't good enough to beat out good grab game reliably and when our Jabs and tilts are slow as ****, might as well sit in shield and grab em and hope they don't do the same. Learning to move away from approaches to be able to space tilts and smashes (against slower chars...) and AS is pretty key.

tl;dr unless you are punishing laggy moves, don't approach good players lol; that is what AS is for generally.
Don't need to be a noob here, but what's a wave bounce?

D

Deez1

Do not approach with Dash attack. I've been told heaps of times that its bad spacing and can be punished easily. Why not try to run up to them and if they sheild, go for the grab.

D

Deez1

Remember with counter by the way. Lucario has start up on Counter. To hit a Lucario out of it can sort of be Frame perfect. Also remember and to people who haven't tested this but when Lucario uses counter, you know when he can be hit is when Lucario's right hand reaches his leg.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Don't need to be a noob here, but what's a wave bounce?
google b-reverse and wavebounce

using those along with aura sphere is extremely important in neutral if you know when to do it and land on top of someone with them.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Sorry to barge in unannounced, but I could use some help getting my Lucario up to speed. I'm not yet at the point where he feels right, and I haven't seen any advanced guides so far. I've watched a few videos, which has helped me with grab followups and other miscellaneous stuff, but I realize I still have a ways to go.

I guess what I'm saying is, would any of the better players here be willing to help me learn some time?

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Sorry to barge in unannounced, but I could use some help getting my Lucario up to speed. I'm not yet at the point where he feels right, and I haven't seen any advanced guides so far. I've watched a few videos, which has helped me with grab followups and other miscellaneous stuff, but I realize I still have a ways to go.

I guess what I'm saying is, would any of the better players here be willing to help me learn some time?
join the skype group, we play somewhat often

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
wat, we dont care who gets in. half the people in there are frauds and dont even main lucario or think he sux.
just give me your skype name if you want in
Welp, time to dust of my old flip phone and make a new account. I'll tell you when it's made.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer
Just finshed another EU Tourney. Placed 10 out of 25. The tourney was a total of 6 rounds. Lost to a Greninja, Captain Falcon and Diddy main. It was 2-1 for Diddy and 2-0 for Greninja and Captain Falcon. My other games was 2-0 for me

Edit: It is Swiss Rounds

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
I got a New 3DS XL and smash 3DS is SO good on it, never going back to playing it on a regular 3DS now.
"New" 3ds xl as in the new one? Or just a new 3ds xl? If its the former, whats different about it I was thinking of getting one and kinda wanted some insight before deciding.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I have discovered it is hard to stop trying to extreme speed headbutt people, it always starts out as something to mix things up but then I almost always end up trying to attack with extreme speed when put off stage.

Why is this so addicting?

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
"New" 3ds xl as in the new one? Or just a new 3ds xl? If its the former, whats different about it I was thinking of getting one and kinda wanted some insight before deciding.

As in the newer model, its been out in Australia since March.
Its heaps faster then the normal 3DS XL, it supports amiibo, and you have the C-stick like you normally would with a GCC.|

I think its going to start releasing games the normal 3DS won't be able to support. Xenoblade on the new 3ds being an example.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I have another question: which stages and stage layouts does Lucario do well or poorly on? I don't have a lot of instinct with this kind of thing, and I can't think of much aside from further off blast zones being good due to letting Luc survive longer and take advantage of the ridiculous knockback he gains at high aura.

Croi

Smash Lord
Platforms generally work against him so he prefers the Final D/Smashville setup.

However, in my experience he's crazy good on Kongo Jungle 64, if that's an option.

D

Deez1

Oh everyone. There is a difference on Fd Fd. Fd Fd has a closer blast zone from the sides while the ceiling I think is higher, it's the best thing for Lucario.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Platforms generally work against him so he prefers the Final D/Smashville setup.

However, in my experience he's crazy good on Kongo Jungle 64, if that's an option.
Aha, just the guy I wanted to see. Raziek says your Lucario is really good.

I figured Kongo was his best stage, but aside from that I was drawing a blank. Why exactly do platforms present a problem? And is FD/Smashville/et al still worth picking against campier characters or ones with fast ground speed?

D

Deez1

I'll let you guys know that I placed 5th in my pool. On the day, we called my pool the Death pool because it literally was. The pool was so bs. I was placed with 4 other top players that I had a brutal chance of winning. I took a few games of the top players and almost tied 4th. I proved myself to be one of the top players this weekend. I'm so proud of myself.

D

Deez1

I figured Kongo was his best stage, but aside from that I was drawing a blank. Why exactly do platforms present a problem? And is FD/Smashville/et al still worth picking against campier characters or ones with fast ground speed?
The way I've learnt to play Lucario is more like I shouldn't care about the stages. The way my play style work. I work well on every stage except the bs stages of Lylat and Castle siege .

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario

can you ask raz if he likes my robin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom