• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Aura is Mine!" Lucario Social Thread! (With More Moderators!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Possible threat(s) to Lucario Citadel:
-Yoshi mains
-Goomys(New)
You forgot smacking our head near the ledge of a stage and dying. (Which can now happen on the 3DS ver like the Wii U ver, yay.)

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Lets get a custom moves DLC then, give me ice punch side B.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's an insider thing.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
I really don't get it. Is it because Yoshi just has a much better neutral and pressure game than Lucario? Or maybe the fact that all of Yoshi's good attacks come out between frames 2-5, I believe.

D

Deez1

An anyone tell me if people are actually talking on Skype because Skype on my ipad sucks.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably.

It is is free though.

Unless you hate Microsoft.

Or are a NERD.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Snaring and piercing aura sphere is not that bad at least. Snaring aura sphere is deliciously evil when you get someone off the edge or on platforms.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Snaring and piercing aura sphere is not that bad at least. Snaring aura sphere is deliciously evil when you get someone off the edge or on platforms.
default has better options on the ledge barely anyone knows about still

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
default has better options on the ledge barely anyone knows about still
Perhaps but the ability to torture kirby, jigglypuff, Dedede and making Links angry is pretty fun. Snaring aura sphere is also pretty good at being anti Diddy since it won't get eaten by Nair or his other attacks.

Having the option of an aura sphere that can't be air dodged is quite nice at times. It's just not as great if your opponent moves at the speed of frozen molasses.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Snaring aura sphere is also pretty good at being anti Diddy since it won't get eaten by Nair or his other attacks..
This. I feel like Snaring AS's ability to go through any projectile by itself will definitely net it some usage. It feels like regular AS clanks with way too may projectiles and moves to be truly useful in some matchups and snaring doesn't have that problem at all. The Diddy matchup is the perfect example of it since we can't easily trade AS with banana throws anymore, and his other moves cancel it out too up till percentages we're already in danger of dying to his grab. It's also easier to keep hold of his banana with snaring.

And yeah, it definitely is the definition of evil when shot to the edge, especially fully charged. Regular is good too but they really don't seem to compare in usefulness on trapping people on the ledge.

Last edited:

Pikachutobal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-8141-2794
guys
Here in Chile, was released to buy presale the Amiibo of Lucario
After three minutes exactly, completely sold out
The Amiibo of Megaman and Shulk, sold out within seconds D:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sounds about right.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
This. I feel like Snaring AS's ability to go through any projectile by itself will definitely net it some usage. It feels like regular AS clanks with way too may projectiles and moves to be truly useful in some matchups and snaring doesn't have that problem at all. The Diddy matchup is the perfect example of it since we can't easily trade AS with banana throws anymore, and his other moves cancel it out too up till percentages we're already in danger of dying to his grab. It's also easier to keep hold of his banana with snaring.

And yeah, it definitely is the definition of evil when shot to the edge, especially fully charged. Regular is good too but they really don't seem to compare in usefulness on trapping people on the ledge.
eh you have no idea what normal as is capable of on the ledge, i've shown plenty others here what it can do. hopefully someone backs me up on this. I dont mean shooting it btw but charging it covers every option in the game

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
eh you have no idea what normal as is capable of on the ledge, i've shown plenty others here what it can do. hopefully someone backs me up on this. I dont mean shooting it btw but charging it covers every option in the game
Charging aura sphere edge guarding is great yeah, but it actually has a lot of vulnerabilities and can easily be shut down by a bunch of characters and it also fails against characters with counters while snaring aura sphere can actually miss and still drag people off or safely hit counters and ignore super armor.

Edge guarding with the charge covers ledge grabs but snaring AS shoves people away safely and when chained can even make it impossible for certain characters to get back to the stage even more impossible if only the vacuum hits them.

Charge is more of a closer to the stage guard while snaring covers the distance and has safety, both are great honestly.

Last edited:
D

Deez1

Charging aura sphere edge guarding is great yeah, but it actually has a lot of vulnerabilities and can easily be shut down by a bunch of characters and it also fails against characters with counters while snaring aura sphere can actually miss and still drag people off or safely hit counters and ignore super armor.

Edge guarding with the charge covers ledge grabs but snaring AS shoves people away safely and when chained can even make it impossible for certain characters to get back to the stage even more impossible if only the vacuum hits them.

Charge is more of a closer to the stage guard while snaring covers the distance and has safety, both are great honestly.
Actually, normal aura sphere for edge guarding is the best thing ever. Some character on the edge have an attack that can get you while charging like Lucina and Ike. But what I do is charge it about half way, let them do there attack and shield while they do. Then finish charging it. Cover every option except a quick drop and up air, but I found a way to seriously punish them for re grabbing that edge after you shield their up air. If you want to know, let me know and I'll tell you the ultimate punish for regrabing that edge

Last edited by a moderator:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
It's a well-known fact that Snaring AS does not have a charging hitbox
idk if this was to me or not but i wasnt implying it did.

im happy you told me this though because i didnt know. Now i think this custom is absolutely useless.

I feel like charging AS is half of lucarios game coupled with the fact landing kills out of opponents trapped in it can be easy if you notice their habits.

I thought this custom had atleast a little potential but after you told me that fact im amazed anyone would pick it ever.
B-reverse/wavebounce traps with the charge are insanely good for unblockables/pressure and netting kills out of them is just an extra bonus.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
It's a well-known fact that Snaring AS does not have a charging hitbox
What? You can still trap people in a charging snaring aura sphere, what do you mean?

Croi

Smash Lord
I was being sarcastic. Kami said that "charging [Aura Sphere] covers every option in the game [next to the ledge]" as if only default could do that. Snaring AS starts with a much larger charge than standard does so it's charging hitbox would presumably be even better at edgeguarding than default is.

Then Kami said he wasn't implying anything so I guess we're just enjoying a nice game of Telephone.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I was being sarcastic. Kami said that "charging [Aura Sphere] covers every option in the game [next to the ledge]" as if only default could do that. Snaring AS starts with a much larger charge than standard does so it's charging hitbox would presumably be even better at edgeguarding than default is.
You made me start to question my sanity for a moment I will admit. I was about to think my snare combos were an illusion.

D

Deez1

Now, I've had tones of fights with my good friend Villyness. And I've started to edge guard with aura sphere. The problem with Villager is balloons always stip the aura sphere when she re grabs the edge. But I've done some testing. Beside Lucario's down tilt being the only thing that can hit edge grabbers. Move forward a cm then use reverse side b. Only at 80% + the start of side b can hit. You could reverse aura sphere as well. It's still in testing but I think it just takes longer to use. I'm not sure though.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario

Then Kami said he wasn't implying anything so I guess we're just enjoying a nice game of Telephone.
oh you were joking, nice input to the discussion

Croi

Smash Lord
My point that I was going for was that anything default can do at the ledge, Snaring can do equally as well, if not better, and that charging it next to the ledge is not unique to default. Unless there's something incredibly jank that default can do that Snaring can't, I'm not really seeing the massive advantages you're so adamant about.

e: fully charged default can snipe the fingers on someone hanging from the ledge if they don't have invincibility, and Snaring can't do that, but other than that...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom