• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

narutosniper

Smash Rookie
i thnk this is my first time posting anything on the boards..but i was your patner in doubles a lot (the random marth/falco/fox player)

and yes i just had to say your moonwalking is a "Tru=" triple threat...sick wicked and nasty

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
I recorded two matches, but I believe they were in the early rounds.

I only played Brawl once the entire time, I'm not a fan of the GCN controller for Brawl.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Someone left a copy of Brawl, and a copy of Melee at my house. Also, an Otakon bag with an MMOG called Florensia. I'm surprised no one's posted anything yet, don't you people notice when you're missing ****? XD

Kitsune - dude, I forgot to tell you about how I lost that boxset in the woods when we were running trains, next time sir.

Edit: someone left their white t-shirt here...

D1

Banned via Administration
Were the Brawl tourneys fun Korn? I missed it T__T

**** I missed Vist?!!

X__x I didn't seeya bro TOT.

(Misses MD/VA already)

Since my Brawl disc doesn't work and I'm all outta cash from overspending @ Otakon and my car failing on me when I was four blocks away from my house -_-.

I had fun tho so I guess its all balanced out.

Have a blast at Otakon, come back home into a life full of bullsh**.

Yatta!

Btree get Wes to play Melee again XD!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL, Didn't play a single game of BRAWL in the game room, I only played Melee, Mario Kart Wii, Melty Blood Act Cadenza V.A(EWW Version A), and Melty Blood Act Cadenza V.B2 (Thank god for Kirby's laptop :3. I got some good stick practice in, I still need to get one). I got owned by some good Mario in MK:Wii in tourney. Some DK beat out all of us in our bracket, too good dammit. I tried to stay out of the game room for the most part. Mario Kart Wii was HOVA rules. wtf!? TOO GOODZ?!

I was in the concert for JAM project. It was ****ing amazing.

Teczero. I <3 you for letting me and LK skip in line with you. ****ing amazing.
lightxzero & crismas: It was nice facing you guys in melee teams. I believe it was me and BTree who beat you guys :p. It was really nice to see other smashers there for once instead of just scrubs.
LK: Steeeeeeve!!!! Thanks for giving me a bunch of Melty Blood practice. Much needed. And next time you come down. Bring more of that ****. It tasted sooo good. We need to get ****ed up.
Ron(Btree): Amazing for housing man. I woke up with your feet hanging over your couch over my head on Sunday lol.

More shoutouts later
-Rei
LOL I'm happy to save you and LK hours of your time :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nice meeting you man hopefully we see each other next Otakon or something ;)

D

Deleted member

i thnk this is my first time posting anything on the boards..but i was your patner in doubles a lot (the random marth/falco/fox player)

and yes i just had to say your moonwalking is a "Tru=" triple threat...sick wicked and nasty
you are an incredibly good player never having been to any tournies.i dont think we got kicked from the tv once on sunday "u"

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure he'd start playing again just to money match my *** if he knew I was impersonating his **** all the time. LOL Some people asked me if I was Wes at Otakon and I said yes. DX DX DX

Shinku

Smash Champion
the whole thing was fun as hell, but only getting four hours a night at btrees house sucked LOL. as soon as i got back, me and patrick slept 12-14 hours straight.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm pretty sure he'd start playing again just to money match my *** if he knew I was impersonating his **** all the time. LOL Some people asked me if I was Wes at Otakon and I said yes. DX DX DX
DAYUM SON

lol too good.

BYTHEWAYZ, you all should reserve your hotel for next year *raises hand* I have. Apparently since they announced dates before the end of the con, people have been registering their hotels like crazyyyyy and hotels are already sold out. I def wanted the holiday inn again but it was done by the time I called today! WHATTHE...=/

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
DAYUM SON

lol too good.

BYTHEWAYZ, you all should reserve your hotel for next year *raises hand* I have. Apparently since they announced dates before the end of the con, people have been registering their hotels like crazyyyyy and hotels are already sold out. I def wanted the holiday inn again but it was done by the time I called today! WHATTHE...=/
whats the date for the next con?

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
July 17th-19th.

They normally announce the next dates at the closing ceremonies. I've already reserved a room. Still two blocks away though cause of gold membership.

Lobos

Smash Master
Wow that was fast, I'll try and reserve a room before this year is over.(Can get a nice room through my job)

Too bad we didn't get that group pic but maybe next year, I might actually cosplay.. :p

The games were either FFA's or 2v2's.

Poor Lobos...
It is a pity he couldn't knock out KOS from teams though, I really wanted to play him and his teammate.
I think my teammates kept leaving/wondering off lol
Me and K-os teamed up on saturday and ran the teams t.v. for like 2 hours.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I was around only before the tournament and during that time I wandered off to melee where thumbswayup kept murdering everyone in melee.

I should play melee more I was soooo rusty. So I never won once.

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
hahaha
i was the lucas and my friend HeaT was the mario. once i was off the stage on my last stock i just knew i was done.
stupid F.L.U.D.D. lol
omg what a ridiculous finish

my heart nearly exploded when that water came out. heaT's got a **** good mario, and you, a **** good lucas.

I would play lucas more if I didn't suck at bsticking!

So here is to next year *raises glass*

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
Wow that was fast, I'll try and reserve a room before this year is over.(Can get a nice room through my job)

Too bad we didn't get that group pic but maybe next year, I might actually cosplay.. :p

You can normally reserve a room whenever, as long as they aren't completely booked. Since most hotels have you pay once you actually stay there.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Thumbswayup (right) VS Korn (left) Super Smash Bros Otakon Super Ulitmate World Champion of coolness finals

thanks a tons!.............. Shinku ^__^ lol I didn't notice that you were took a pic except Lobos does
I look funny in this pic

last year I got $50 gift card.. but this year is crystal trophy... ugh :(

and I miss Lucario girl lol

I wish I could play melee friendly more
when I team with CK, he did like 10 spikes with marth and I knee like 15 times in every matches.. :p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i sorta wanna come to otakon next year

i needz to get me some brawl cosplay and to enter that amv contest they had

Vist

Smash Champion
Were the Brawl tourneys fun Korn? I missed it T__T

**** I missed Vist?!!

X__x I didn't seeya bro TOT.

(Misses MD/VA already)

Since my Brawl disc doesn't work and I'm all outta cash from overspending @ Otakon and my car failing on me when I was four blocks away from my house -_-.

I had fun tho so I guess its all balanced out.

Have a blast at Otakon, come back home into a life full of bullsh**.

Yatta!

d1!! yeah man i didn't see you man. hopefully ill see you at ch4?

you were cosplaying as pein right?
i think you were on teams with lobos for awhile.
i'm pretty sure it was you because i remember a luigi shoryuken when TL grabbed me =[
yeah that was me and lol i remember that up B. good stuff as lucas man

Kaicyios

Smash Rookie
Free for all Brawl tourney
1st Lukky(MK)
2nd me..(MK)

1 vs 1 Brawl tourney
1st me..(DDD)
2nd Thumbswayup(annoying Diddy)

Congratulations on winning the 1 vs 1 tourney. I was the Red Olimar player playing under the name of "SUIT!". I was wearing a suit the whole con other than the 1 vs 1 tourney.

I was eliminated in the first round of the Free for all against Lukky. A random B Bomb spawned on me and killed me. I lost to Thumbswayup in round 3. I can attest to his annoying Diddy skills. I was ahead most of the match. We were dead even at the end, but he managed to get that one needed hit before I did to finish me off. It was one of the best matches I've had in awhile. A pity I didn't win. I would have loved to have played against you.

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everyone I asked if they were from smashboards said "no." I had a brown Zoo York hat on. Didn't recognize anyone from previous years.

Grats on the tourny winners! SWF represent!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't spend much time in the gaming hall unfortunately. I just wanted to see a lot of the panels and other anime related ****. Most of the little time I spent in the game room was playing Guilty Gear Accent Core. I did wander around the Melee setups to see what was goin' on, but never sat down to play.

I doubt anyone saw me but I did a half-***** Urahara Kisuke cosplay on Saturday and I wore my Tires Don Exits T-shirt on Sunday.

Otakon was just too ****ing good. Hopefully I'll be able to better balance my time spent doing anime and gaming stuff better next year so I can actually meet some of you guys.

DVDA

Smash Apprentice
thanks a tons!.............. Shinku ^__^ lol I didn't notice that you were took a pic except Lobos does
I look funny in this pic

last year I got $50 gift card.. but this year is crystal trophy... ugh :(

and I miss Lucario girl lol

I wish I could play melee friendly more
when I team with CK, he did like 10 spikes with marth and I knee like 15 times in every matches.. :p
nothing beats the yoshi rc car i got for 3rd place last year lol =D

I never actually got to meet the lucario girl. i only played brawl once in teams against Blues and Will(i think he was teaming with will, not sure though) we came close to ending their streak.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
omg what a ridiculous finish

my heart nearly exploded when that water came out. heaT's got a **** good mario, and you, a **** good lucas.

I would play lucas more if I didn't suck at bsticking!

So here is to next year *raises glass*

LOL
it wasn't that amazing to me, since we play each other alot, and he does it to me often. >_>
you don't have to B-stick to be a good lucas.
Thanks!
Some people say his mario is better than Boss' mario.
I'm supposedly the best lucas people have ever seen.

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
Okin is the best lucas around these parts
and if it aint boss its done

Otakon this year was to goodz!
Cuttinng infront of 3000 ppl to get in front of the line n wait 10 min was also 2 goodz.

played one match of brawl n decided 2 play melee all weekend lol.

Btree- our 70+ win streak in melee teams was amazing.

Blues-Blueeeeeeeeeees! teams was to fun n u needa stop trying to shrug at girls lol

EE-thanks for the chicken tender lol
tru=- ur falcon is 2 sick moon walking all ova the place n ****

Ck- your marth is gay

D1- ur a cool guy nice matches
Techzero- ur 2 goodz i played u a couple of times with bowssrtree n blues.

Crismas-i met u wen u n tech were running trains n me n blues came n knocked u off but i didnt noe it was u until u had ur peach outfit on lol

light- nice 2 meet u. was your arm really in the sling or was it apart of your cosplay?

everyone at rons house is gay cuz goin to bed at 5 n waking up at 8-9 isnt fun lol,
Also LOL at btrees boxset of ranma getting run over by the last car

WELZ?

Smash Rookie
otakon was really fun this year. i saw korn and thumbs, and i was able to play against korn 1v1 after taking the other 2 people out. i got smashed by his dedede, but it was fun. i just joined since thumbs told me about the smash boards. but for some odd reason, there were a lot of marths, mk's (given), and quite the numbers of ness's at the tourney. i wasnt able to get into the first tourney on friday cuz the tickets sold out so **** fast and on saturday, i was too late. i think i was the only wario player there. but it was good times.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
nothing beats the yoshi rc car i got for 3rd place last year lol =D

I never actually got to meet the lucario girl. i only played brawl once in teams against Blues and Will(i think he was teaming with will, not sure though) we came close to ending their streak.
Otakon's game room this year kinda lame....
no 3rd place prize....... D: and it's all trophies this year

I should've trade you my gift card for your yoshi's car LOL even though you won't accept! :p

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Haha, everyone's shoutouts are too good. Thanks again Yo for your mad good osmosis line cutting skills. You saved us 2 hours of waiting at the least. Thanks again Btree for letting us crash at your place. Thanks Shinku for driving us all back and forth each day. Good **** Korn, out tourny set was too fun. I knew it'd be me and you in the end :p And I miss Lucario girl too! Good stuff to everyone I played in the Brawl tourny and to whoever played Melee with me. It was all too much fun. I should have played more Melee.

Top Bottom