• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

Backpaw

Smash Rookie

sigh i never got to play i was 68th in line but only 64 people were aloud to play
does anyone have a gameplay vid of the final matches?

0kin

Smash Journeyman
dammit Crismas was right, all of the room at the holiday inn are booked lol. Everyone, if u plan on going next year hurry up and book a room at the Mariott, my friend and I jus got a room yesterday!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
****, booked this quickly wtf. Okin how much is a room for three nights?

Yeah I have a vid of the semifinals between me and Lukky and the finals between me and Korn. I'm uploading the finals later on.

WELZ?

Smash Rookie
Haha, everyone's shoutouts are too good. Thanks again Yo for your mad good osmosis line cutting skills. You saved us 2 hours of waiting at the least. Thanks again Btree for letting us crash at your place. Thanks Shinku for driving us all back and forth each day. Good **** Korn, out tourny set was too fun. I knew it'd be me and you in the end :p And I miss Lucario girl too! Good stuff to everyone I played in the Brawl tourny and to whoever played Melee with me. It was all too much fun. I should have played more Melee.
dude that lucario girl was pretty sick. she was saying "naw im not good at all" then she kicked *** and won 3 matches in a row. :S i took her out though and won the match, and i felt bad, but dude major props to her.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah, and she was real cute too. She even said my Lucario was great and she rooted my Diddy on during some of my matches. And I didn't get her number......sigh.....

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Yo - LOL **** that **** I'm traumatized now. I'm never shoving dvd boxsets in my pockets again....Now I have TWO amazing stories to tell about how I lost boxsets.

c0nker

Smash Apprentice
Yo - LOL **** that **** I'm traumatized now. I'm never shoving dvd boxsets in my pockets again....Now I have TWO amazing stories to tell about how I lost boxsets.
Hahaha, that was too good! all was safe when the bigass trucks came, but that LAST taxi...the one straggler just had to go..hmn.. LEFT LANE *CRUNCH*

and that last disc was never seen again D:

so sad...in a funny way XD

D

Deleted member

anyone wanna let me stay w/them at the holiday inn next year =)

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Okin is the best lucas around these parts
Have you ever seen my Iucas? I met okin and played with him alot. i only saw his lucas a few times. he would never pick him when i picked him. he always picked peach. Idk ask him whose is better (if he remembers me).

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
he's horrible at dittos >.< .

Next year ill be at this **** and get some rave poon .

btree / okin / ee : how did the hantai selling go ?

also did you guys do the Bible Black Brothers thing ?

10kanackers

edit: i put hantai lol

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Miserable failure Nacker lolz. We didn't sell anything, though we handed out cards, and the BBB didn't happen either. In a manga corner we got into it with Android 17, cause he was trying to do the same thing.

......I gave one of the cards to what I'm pretty sure was a twelve year old girl and her group of friends.....

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
About the hotel situation...from what I'm reading on the Otakon forums, it looks like there will be more available hotels soon as soon as Otakon deals a contract with them. So hopefully even though all of these are sold out now, there might be more spaces/hotels soon.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
NOTE: The Days Inn is now available people! I just reserved mine, even though I already got one at Renaissance XD theres also a few others available.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Dude Frozen I have your Brawl (lol Yoster was like "NOOO" when I asked him Friday, and he brought it in Saturday cause he's a beast).

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
ok im about to do that **** xD im about to book one

its not like they charge you or anything when you book it right ? xD i dont wanna be charged xD

or maybe i'll call about a president suite xD and get like 20 smashers in there xD

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
About the hotel situation...from what I'm reading on the Otakon forums, it looks like there will be more available hotels soon as soon as Otakon deals a contract with them. So hopefully even though all of these are sold out now, there might be more spaces/hotels soon.
Days Inn tends to sell out the first day after the con or even the same Sunday the con ends. Cause it's cheap and close. I know there will be a new hotel this year though, connected to the BCC. The new Hilton that's being open next to it.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
If I can get in anyone's hotel, that would be dandy. But we should all be planning for Katsucon as well guys.

btw, EE fails for spelling hentai hentia on those cards every time. It would have been about 100 times more funny if it was spelled right.
-Rei

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Days Inn tends to sell out the first day after the con or even the same Sunday the con ends. Cause it's cheap and close. I know there will be a new hotel this year though, connected to the BCC. The new Hilton that's being open next to it.
I actually just got my Days Inn room, I'm sooo happy XDD I didn't realize it was that cheap!! The rooms look really nice too.

ok im about to do that **** xD im about to book one

its not like they charge you or anything when you book it right ? xD i dont wanna be charged xD

or maybe i'll call about a president suite xD and get like 20 smashers in there xD
No they don't charge you. I actually have two different rooms reserved now in two different hotels XD;; You should book it now, this **** sells out fast.

If I can get in anyone's hotel, that would be dandy. But we should all be planning for Katsucon as well guys.
I already got my hotel for Katsucon too LOL! I wonder how many smashers are going there as well.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
I actually just got my Days Inn room, I'm sooo happy XDD I didn't realize it was that cheap!! The rooms look really nice too.

No they don't charge you. I actually have two different rooms reserved now in two different hotels XD;; You should book it now, this **** sells out fast.

I already got my hotel for Katsucon too LOL! I wonder how many smashers are going there as well.
I'm going to Katsucon every year.. since like 2004
lol it's always me vs SS4Ricky in finals.. :p (melee)

hope that they will have melee tourney next Katsucon D:

0kin

Smash Journeyman
im going to katsu, im gonna b cosplaying as Sho Minamimoto from The World Ends With You, along with three of my friends who are cosplaying from the game as well. So Zetta Epic!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Skins and I are def going to Katsucon and if anyone can let us stay in their room to make it super cheap that would be cool. If not, we're booking our own room and will be wanting more people to help pay.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
you booked a room for katsucon ? awesome i might stay there depends if i have enough money prolly will we'll see
so put me as a maybe

and i gotta pay yoster back soon lulz ><

Top Bottom