• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Alabama Power Rankings: Image=protier

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Mario/Luigi player. Super-polite, super-nice guy. Better than you.
reflex you are just polite/low tier player biased.

i beat him in tourney at iron brawl 1 but that was a long time ago so meeh.
also, sorry that i just dont have it in me to pretend that i like or give a **** about most of you.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

also, sorry that i just dont have it in me to pretend that i like or give a **** about most of you.
We're not asking you to like anyone. Your tone is condescending; it sounds like you think he is a nobody, when he is clearly doing something well to be on this list. We don't want people in the community to disrespect each other. That is in bad taste.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ill just not talk and let my playing speak for me from now on. that is kinda what i want to do.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

That. That a lot.

Your tournament record this season is bad. You've got about the same results as Cheap or Janitor. You three and a few others aside were all considered, but JMIX's record was just better.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I don't want to get into personal attacks. I think JMIX had a stronger record this season. Slam and JMIX both have gone 1-1 with me, but Slam lost to AML while JMIX beat AML. JMIX also has beaten T1J and has been to one more tournament this season, so he has more matches to go by.

The #10 spot was hard to decide to be honest, and you, Pops, JMIX, and Kola were all topics of discussion. It was a tough call. #6-#8 was also very tough to decide on the order. George would have been #6 had he beaten Scourge. Saint would have probably been #5 or #6 had he gone to more than one tournament. iPuff got on because he has beaten JMIX, M3t, Dyno, T1J, and Kola.

I hope that clarifies a few things.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Lol, your record vs. T1J's Snake.

In all seriousness though, knock 'em dead. Just know that everyone else hasn't been sitting idle while you've been playing in T-Town. Don't take any name for granted in Season 2 unless you brought the lotion. Otherwise it could be a lot more painful for you than it has to be.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
As long as I can be on the "recovering from having to know other MUs than just MK" PR
I'd buy that if Alabama was ever MK concentrated.

100% of the matchups I play now, I never had to play before. 20%, 30% if you want to be reachy, of yours are some other character where it was Diddy v MK before. There's a difference.

/not sure how serious you were

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Mario/Luigi player. Super-polite, super-nice guy. Better than you.
****ing OWNED
<3 SLAM

he kinda is tho. he should play better characters, he'd probably place higher. I think he's better than some of the people on this list above him.

i have a really spotty tournament record. I always beat ing and cheap, but always lose to jmix and ryker, and they're all relatively equal in skill presumably. i dunno if its a matchup thing or just playstyles. maybe now that cheap plays a character that snake doesn't wreck it'll be a different story. and i'm sure ingulit is way better now too he's like twice as good every tournament

this season has been really awful for me tho, and i'm sure part of it was my decision to go mostly Pit. But playing Pit has made me a better player i think just because I can't get by with weird gimmicks, so hopefully i can apply that to other characters in certain matchups.

i stopped talking **** about whether I was better than anyone once I realized that I just kinda wasn't anymore. I STILL GOT MY HIT LIST DOE

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i just dont think i went to enough tourneys to be on the list. i dont think it has so much a fact to do with someone being vastly better than me.

and jnaitor youve just played my ddd on wifi which is horrible for ddd and amazing for snake lol

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dont think anyone except the top 3 and to a lesser extent 4 are vastly better than the people below them, and there are several people who aren't even on the list that are just as good as people on it.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
i dont think anyone except the top 3 and to a lesser extent 4 are vastly better than the people below them, and there are several people who aren't even on the list that are just as good as people on it.
I think that's true, except I would modify that to say top 5 are vastly better than everyone else.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i dont think thats true.
i think raf, reflex, and billy are the only ones that are that much better.
but i mean, thats just my opnion.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Well, Spade has beaten everyone in the bottom 5 in the last season, some of them more than once. But he didn't only beat them, he bodied them really hard.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i haven't seen spade's matches i guess so, i know he places high, but i think a lot of people get bracket ***** because there's so many good people to face. personally playing him wasn't that much harder than playing cam or ryker.
but i sux tho

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Well, Spade has beaten everyone in the bottom 5 in the last season, some of them more than once. But he didn't only beat them, he bodied them really hard.
Beating everyone in the bottom 5 is significant. "Bodied really hard" is a subjective, iffy thing. Reflex and Kismet will win sets in straight games against eachother back and forth, and have similar fluctuations stock scores too. If you saw just one three game set between the two of them in the whole season, there's a considerable chance you'd come to a pretty erroneous conclusion about the gap between their skill levels based on watching the videos and deciding who you think got "bodied". The psychological component of smash makes it very difficult to rely on a "score" and make accurate assumptions about larger samples using smaller samples. If this was swimming, bowling, or drag racing, sure.

Player-3

Smash Hero
If there's any other diddy kong players in AL besides ingulit (who's going to lose $10) and want to mm me, im down :D

:phone:

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
IMO, Cam's right. Spade's ****ing incredible.
And keep in mind that he's speaking from the number 6 POV.

1, 2, and 3 are fairly close, IMO. Rag and Spade are pretty close to them, and then there's a decent jump from 5 to 6.

Edit: but not as vast as you think, Cam. You're pretty damn good yourself.

Edit 2: Reflex teach me how to Wario. I feel like if I learned how to play him, I'd be much better at playing against him.
That's what happened with Marth, to an extent.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, I'm just untouchable.

THESE SUNGLASSES ARE CUSTOM-MADE. ONLY THE HIGHEST QUALITY FOR YOUR NEW GOD.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
beating bottom 5 doesnt really mean anything.
i did it all last season.

i think there is a huge jump from spade and rag to billy and raf and reflex.
but theyre the next best thing we got.

edit also @ saint, learning to play with wario would help you beat him alot. he can get shut down FAIRLY ****ING EASILY if you know what youre doing. if you learn his little tricks you dont have to fight him like you would a normal MU, you can just concentrate on shutting down those tricks. which seems to be a very much more effective thing to stopping a good wario than it would to stopping another good character, for some reason. maybe its cuz wario is so weird and has no range.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
this thread always dies like 2 days after the update.
then comes alive again in like 6 months when we update again for liek 3 more days lmao

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Honestly I'm surprised I do as good as i do now. Everyone is getting better, and the pr is getting pretty even. I have no real access to cpu so i can't watch matches like i use to, my training partner is long gone JIN :-(. So i just practice the little crap i can and hope it works at tourneys. I still don't know how to DI, and honestly i press buttons and hope good things happen. I don't predict the only thing i know how to do is react. The way i am can only go so far so i don't think Ima do as good as last season. But I am glad i did decent without mk, I did that for me and the ones who thought i couldn't do it without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom