• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Not only did she get in, but as her own fighter... along with an announcement for a new animal crossing. Congrats, never was a big supporter of Isabelle but I did want to see her in the game as well.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
We got a Nintendo direct coming tommorow guys! I feel this is the perfect time to show off Isabelle as an Echo(along with Dixie), along side a new Animal crossing game! Get hyped for our favorite pupper!
Oh, wow, you called it (minus Dixie). Guess it's time to pack up the thread, huh?

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Congrats to the Isabelle fans! She's a cute pup and got in as a unique newcomer! That's pretty awesome.

zferolie

Smash Hero

The site has updated about her. She looks to be like The Wolf to Villager. like some simular moves, but a bunch of unique ones too

D

Deleted member

Congratulations on joining the fight Isabelle :) You and your admittedly unexpected unique moveset are more than welcome.

Smithn

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4332 5240 6154
I was expecting an echo but am really happy she has unique moves. She even has a gyroid mine that looks akin to a Snake move.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I FEEL SO VINDICATED THAT SHE ISN'T AN ECHO.

OUR PUPPER IS IN.

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
Nice! Congratulations to all of you!

I'm looking forward to playing with our favorite cinnamon roll. :D

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
So that's another Assist trophy-turned fighter joining the series, granted her chances went up the moment her assist trophy vanished from the past few trailers as a person who's been wanting Shadow for over 10 years now, this is only going to make the case for Shadow much more powerful, so congrats to you guys.

And judging from the reveal trailer and the way she fights, she appears to have a complete unique moveset to call her own while borrowing 2 Special moves from Villager (as she borrows his Lloyd Rocket but goes upward instead of to the side, and she appears to have her own version of the Balloon Fight recovery which means she'll have another great recovery) and appears to have taken a few attacks from him as well, kind of like the Wolf/Lucas to Villager.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I'm gonna have to get an Isabelle Amiibo from the Animal Crossing series, I've greatly expanded my amiibo collection recently, and so far three newcomers have non-Smash Amiibo: Isabelle, Daisy and Chrom. I intend to get them all.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
WHAT THE?!?!?!?!

Those Moves aren't even REMOTELY Similar to Villager's Moves!!!!

OH MY TOKEKE!!! SHE'S NOT AN ECHO FIGHTER!!!! SHE'S AN ORIGINAL FIGHTER!!
Some of her moves seem a bit similar to Villager's like her dash attack and forward tilt, but yeah she is definitely very unique. She might be a semi-clone along the lines of Lucas.

One of my biggest fears of Isabelle being confirmed was that she would awkwardly incorporate Villager's moves (like his up-B) but her moves seem perfect.

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations! She was the most important Nintendo character not in yet and I thought she'd end up being an echo but I'm glad she's got some unique moves like the fishing rod.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
okay that is kind of awesome. still confused if that is an echo or a full on character... semi clone?
okay yeah semi clone. I wasn't specifically asking for her or anything. but I kinda love what they are doing with her. she is so adorable!!!!

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
I AM NYOBODY NYA!!! BUT ISABELLE IS IN SMAAAAAAAAASH NYAAAAAAAAA~!!! HOLY FLUFF NYAA!!! MY SMASH DREAM IS COMPLETE NYA!!!
That is all nyaaa~

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm so glad she's in! She wasn't the toppest of tier wants for me, but she was definitely just below my four main wants!

I'm confused though. She seems to be an original, but she shares a lot of Villagers moves; the net grab, the same final smash(different building but it's still Nook and his nephews), the pocket ability...

...but she's not an echo? These waters are getting muddier.

But yes, finally a newcomer I can say without a doubt I'm personally excited for!

11th

Smash Apprentice
I had Isabelle on my predictions list for today as an Echo -- and she's in, with her own moveset to boot!

Congrats to all of the Isabelle and Animal Crossing supporters~ She looks like she'll be fun in Smash!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Congrats Isabelle friends!

I want to look at the trailer again to see what kind of character she is actually!

Top Bottom