• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Congrats, you all. Not really a big Animal Crossing fan, but even with that in mind, I'm happy you all got what you wanted.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Hey, just dropping in to say congrats on getting your little assistant! I wasn't expecting her at all but now that I've seen her in action she's a welcome addition!

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
Please keep in mind that responding to trolling is considered spam. Just report it please.
Warning: What I'm about to say may sound a "little" harsh. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just speaking my mind. Now with that apology out of the way, let's cut the chatter and get to the rant.

Great job.
Great. Fricking. Job.
While our edgy and recognizable characters like Shadow and Scorpion get left in the dust, YOU fools get to party in your underwear because a dog (which are far inferior to cats) that NOBODY knows about except for the very small minority who have played an Animal Crossing game got in.
You caused Sakurai to crush all of our hopes and dreams because you IDIOTS wanted a FLIPPING DOG in your fighting game.
And for that, I look down upon you. Your selfish desires have caused me pain, and I wish not to look in the eyes of one of you fools. I just wanted a new Subspace...

Again, I'm sorry about anything that triggers you. This whole thing came out way meaner than I expected.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I forgot to to mention: congratulations from the Bomberman, Krystal, and Vaati threads!

Warning: What I'm about to say may sound a "little" harsh. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just speaking my mind. Now with that apology out of the way, let's cut the chatter and get to the rant.

Great job.
Great. Fricking. Job.
While our edgy and recognizable characters like Shadow and Scorpion get left in the dust, YOU fools get to party in your underwear because a dog (which are far inferior to cats) that NOBODY knows about except for the very small minority who have played an Animal Crossing game got in.
You caused Sakurai to crush all of our hopes and dreams because you IDIOTS wanted a FLIPPING DOG in your fighting game.
And for that, I look down upon you. Your selfish desires have caused me pain, and I wish not to look in the eyes of one of you fools. I just wanted a new Subspace...

Again, I'm sorry about anything that triggers you. This whole thing came out way meaner than I expected.
Dude. There's being harsh, and then there's being a full-blown butt-blasted jackass. Jesus Christ, that was painful to read.

Last edited:

Mamp

Smash Apprentice

Great job.
Great. Fricking. Job.

are you ok there friend

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why yes, I am triggered. Because you think AC isn't a multimillion selling series.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Dropping by from the Bandana Brigade to say, congratulations, Isabelle fans! She wasn't one of my most wanted newcomers, but I never disliked her. I simply had other characters I wanted. But she's in, and I'm happy for you all! She looks pretty fun, and I was surprised she's unique.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am very happy Isabelle is in! She has to be the most innocent character in Smash. I am also very happy with new Animal Crossing game for Switch!

I am also happy that Isabelle is not an Echo Fighter of Villager but I think she is at least a semi-clone... you know, like Link, Young Link, and Toon Link.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868

Great job.
Great. Fricking. Job.

You memin' or are you for real because I cringed reading this

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Heckin' bamboozled, thought for sure we'd get Skull Kid today. Not that I'm complaining - can't wait to try her out!

Congrats you guys on getting the rarest and most adorable pupper in Smash!

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Well congrats to you all on having your wish come true Isabella fans (Do hope you have a wonderful day and God bless you)!

Do wish we could have seen more Smash content (A New stage, more modes, more items, more Assist Trophies) in the Direct! But I guess that's just me!

Siggy88

Smash Apprentice
I got no words to express my feelings for this reveal so I'm going to let the pic below show what I think...

I guess the biggest thing to take from this is that she's not an echo. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well with Isabelle in that's now all the characters I thought were locks for Smash Switch when it was first revealed. (Inkling, Wolf, Ice Climbers).

Now, we are in uncharted territory...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
While I think Isabelle deserved just teensy bit better reveal, especially with what we got so far... can't complain at all that she's here like this! She looks refreshingly fun!

Speaking which, can't believe they actually brought back the fishing rod for her, among other things. I say you guys really lucked out with how she's been implemented, being a very robust semi-clone of Villager. Also, while I knew it was gonna come sooner and later, AC Switch finally being announced is a big doozy.

Anyway, biggest congrats to you all who went on with her! It's pretty nifty that you got more than an Echo out of her like this.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Congratulations in getting Chabelita in. (Chabelita is a nickname to girls named Isabelle in Mexico).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m pretty happy she’s in! Not an AAAAAAA OMG YESSSS reaction, but more “Huh, neat.”

I like that she’s unique, too.

Laniv

Smash Champion
As the owner of the Tom Nook support thread on Smashboards, I'd like to extend my congratulations!

We'll be cheering you on!!

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Great job.
Great. Fricking. Job.

Thank you for sharing your feelings. I understand to feel that way. I'm sorry you didn't get some more characters to suit you. Keep watch on future directs, this was just a Nintendo direct, there's going to be smash ones.

Until then, for those who want to, let's celebrate Isabelle, who Nintendo graciously granted for some reason that we don't quite know fully:)

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio

Great job.
Great. Fricking. Job.

Well there's always next tim to see favorite character get (Still have two months to go before Smash Bros Ultimate is released to the public)!

UserKev

Smash Champion
I felt bad for Tom Nook. He honestly doesn't look interesting tho, He's better off as what he's already doing.

To all of who said Animal Crossing wasn't deserving of a new rep.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
WOOT! Another one off the wantlist!
And she looks to be the series' first semi-clone since Brawl. It's funny, we all thought she'd be one of two extremes (echo or new fighter).

Damn, Sakurai! back at it again with the subverted expectations. - I'm so sorry...

Last edited:

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
Dude. There's being harsh, and then there's being a full-blown butt-blasted *******. Jesus Christ, that was painful to read.
Sorry 'bout that. It's just I wanted something exciting for the Direct that I didn't already know.
are you ok there friend
I will be when Shadow or Scorpion gets in.
Why yes, I am triggered. Because you think AC isn't a multimillion selling series.
I think it's saying something when City Folk on the Wii did worse than Splatoon 1 on the Wii U.
You memin' or are you for real because I cringed reading this
if I was doing this fur teh lulz, you'd expect me to sign it with 'ur boi'.
I'm going to be very generous and assume that this is just trolling, because if not then dude, breath for a bit. Stop being selfish for your own desires and be happy for the huge amount of people that are ecstatic for her inclusion and the announcement of a new AC after waiting for so long. I'm not an Animal Crossing fan, never even played any of the games but I can at least recognize that it's a beloved series for millions even if my own wanted newcomers didn't get anything for now.
I'd be less selfish if I had a feeling that there was gonna be another Direct. We've had five directs this year, and I expect them to slow down.
Also, no, this wasn't trolling. I understand if you hate me, but I'm a little angry at this Direct.

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Honestly tho wasn't originally too interested in Isabelle primarily because I was worried they were going to do a really awkward echo fighter with her. Seeing that she's a unique, tho... I didn't expect it and that makes it even sweeter!

Also, a small portion of her moves are visually similar but I don't really think she even counts a semi clone, she looks as though she will play completely differently.

Very exciting stuff! Congrats again!

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations to y'all! I figured Isabelle would show up! Despite my initial thoughts, I think she is more along the lines of a semi-clone than a unique fighter. I am glad she is more unique than an Echo fighter though! This also makes the point that new semi-clones are also a possibility too! Bring on more Smash characters!

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Hooray for the precious puppy!
And people thought she was too delicate to be a fighter, I knew something good was gonna happen today. Thanks again Sakurai.

Now I gotta put all my hope for Dixie now.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Seeing Isabelle with Death's Scythe for the first time will make me deliriously happy. The fact that Peach and Palutena basically go vertical spread eagle in Smash in some form while Isabelle hold her skirt down when she's falling despite having a pencil skirt is both hilarious and adorable.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman

Great job.
Great. Fricking. Job.

I'm going to be very generous and assume that this is just trolling, because if not then dude, breathe for a bit. Stop being selfish for your own desires and be happy for the huge amount of people that are ecstatic for her inclusion and the announcement of a new AC after waiting for so long. I'm not an Animal Crossing fan, never even played any of the games but I can at least recognize that it's a beloved series for millions even if my own wanted newcomers didn't get anything for now.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Congrats to all Isabelle supporters! I wanted her in, but I never expected her to be her own unique character! This was a great reveal for sure~

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
From the Sora thread to this one, congratulations!

I had no idea she would be a semi-clone other than an echo. I guess 1/3rd of my theory was right. Kapp'n did replace Isabelle as an assist trophy.

Looks like Shadow and Skull Kid are next on the suspect list...

Top Bottom