• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I really want to see more moves of hers, so I can tell how she plays. I guess I'll try to enjoy her existing in smash for now :D

Last edited:

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations to those who were rooting for Isabelle since the beginning! I thought she'd get in as an echo of villager, but many of her moves are unique and she even got her own trailer. Sakurai can be full of surprises.

Poor Tom Nook, though...

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, just to say congrats for getting Isabelle. I wasn´t a supporter but always liked the pup secretary and I´m happy for her too. Just try to don´t hurt the purity in Smash.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Congrats guys :) Surprised she's not an echo, but either way she looks really cool.

If the rumors are true and Amiibos provide unlocks, I saw her for cheap at Five Below :)

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Well, congratulations Isabelle fans, you got your wish granted. I actually secretly wanted her. So, I’m glad she made it in. Don’t know why people mad about her. I’m satisfied what we got so far.

7F13EDAE-310F-4AC5-B94F-2220D8C7CC72.jpeg

Oh, I made this a while ago, so I decided to show you what I draw.:

04F19DE1-FE49-44A9-899B-BD8C4DE0A2EE.jpeg

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So who is gonna make the I was wrong thread for Isabelle? Personally I would like to see the title as “I was wrong about Isabelle’s pacifism and/or her being an echo. The latter issue has been a one-sided deal that never got much thought for speculators beyond echoes. I could make the thread though if you guys want. :p

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Here’s the mother of all reactors to smashes reaction to isabelle

It’s another :ultmewtwo::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultridley: leveled reaction

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, can't say I was expecting her to be treated as her own character, but I'm happy for you guys that she's actually in, regardless. Congrats.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
That's a nice moveset imo. Happy for y'all, and me

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Just wanna say congrats to Isabelle fans! The trailer wasn't the most hype but it's nice to see her in. I always knew she would make it, but not as a unique fighter. I'm looking forward to getting into AC with the new game. :)

KatKit

Smash Lord
Not going to lie, I didn't see this coming. With that being said, I support her 100%. Congrats to those who have been rooting for her the whole time! She is a perfect second rep for Animal Crossing; it makes sense.

The trailer was cutesy and true to the series. Unfortunately, I read a lot of negative things about, but I really liked how laid back it was.

Anyway, Isabelle was my favorite character to use in MK8, and her moveset looks interesting here. I'm definitely going to use her more than Villager, partially because she has so much personality, and partially because she just straight up looks more fun to play. This was such a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Congrats guys for beating the Echo curse! She's a great addition, adorable, and super deserving for Smash Bros., can't wait to kick her face in on December 7th!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SHE’S NOT AN ECHO I LOVE HER MOVESET SO MUCH SHE’S SO ****ING CUTE I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HER

SHE MADE IT!!!!! CONGRATS FRIENDS WE GOT OUR GIRL!!!

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations, guys. I'll admit, I was expecting a little more in this Direct and I don't care for Isabelle at all, but I'm happy for all of you and hope you're satisfied.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SHE’S NOT AN ECHO I LOVE HER MOVESET SO MUCH SHE’S SO ****ING CUTE I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HER

SHE MADE IT!!!!! CONGRATS FRIENDS WE GOT OUR GIRL!!!
I'm so glad to see you guys get much more than an Echo, especially with how I had to take Daisy in as.

Fun fact BTW: Dixie-fans are being pretty thankful for Isabelle's inclusion due being a semi-clone, since it allows in the possibilities for Dixie to be one too.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Congrats Isabelle supporters! She and Dixie Kong are among the last Nintendo All-Star characters that weren't playable in Smash, so it's great to see that at least one of them has been added. Since Sakurai thought that Isabelle could be more than an echo, hopefully that means Dixie could be a semi-clome or unique fighter if she's in too. For those who kept supporting her, welcome to your new character thread!

UserKev

Smash Champion
Kicking her in the face as a black Sonic as punishment for giving us a terrible Direct with no sign of Shadow anywhere...I like the sound of that.
Dude, I don't get the joke anymore. Can you please continue your rant in y' know, Shadow's support thread? This isn't the place for it.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I'm so glad to see you guys get much more than an Echo, especially with how I had to take Daisy in as.

Fun fact BTW: Dixie-fans are being pretty thankful for Isabelle's inclusion due being a semi-clone, since it allows in the possibilities for Dixie to be one too.

I'm definitely hoping Dixie gets the Isabelle treatment as well,

By the way I kinda want to apologize for that one day. I guess I was just being too desperate at the time(or just trying to be flexible about the situation) but now I'm definitely more hopeful that Dixie be more in character.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Just coming in to this thread to say congratulations to you guys. Welcome to Smash Bros, Isabelle!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Welp...now I gotta commission naughty art of her, its the rite of passage for every Smash newcomer waifu.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
She really does seem like a semi-clone. Which is interesting for many reasons. One is that it means nintendo is open to making clones again, and that we don't have only echos to look forward to in terms of shorter dev time. We expected her to be an echo, so this carries more than a bonus, but I do wonder what her entire moveset is.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Congrats everybody! I never thought she'd be more than an echo, but Sakurai found a way to make it happen. Best wishes and I hope you guys can use her well in the Smash scene once the game launches.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Man, my phone's wouldn't let me post since 5 pages ago.

Anyway, I'm so glad to see her not be an echo. Those Gyroid rocket traps and fishing rod are gonna be fun to play with.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Congrats guys for beating the Echo curse! She's a great addition, adorable, and super deserving for Smash Bros., can't wait to kick her face in on December 7th!
That made me laugh. As Isabelle as my most wanted, I can't wait to kick her in the face either, as Isabelle! Honestly though, it's gonna be so funny beating down the big boys with Isabelle and having said big boys beat her down :)

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Omg I'm so excited to play her! Also my friend got so triggered over her being in that it's sad, but it doesn't matter what he thinks because she's in and he'll have to deal with it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Warning: What I'm about to say may sound a "little" harsh. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just speaking my mind. Now with that apology out of the way, let's cut the chatter and get to the rant.

Great job.
Great. Fricking. Job.
While our edgy and recognizable characters like Shadow and Scorpion get left in the dust, YOU fools get to party in your underwear because a dog (which are far inferior to cats) that NOBODY knows about except for the very small minority who have played an Animal Crossing game got in.
You caused Sakurai to crush all of our hopes and dreams because you IDIOTS wanted a FLIPPING DOG in your fighting game.
And for that, I look down upon you. Your selfish desires have caused me pain, and I wish not to look in the eyes of one of you fools. I just wanted a new Subspace...

Again, I'm sorry about anything that triggers you. This whole thing came out way meaner than I expected.
tl;dr

Isabelle Salt 2.jpg

But seriously, be happy for her fans. I see you got Ridley as your profile picture. You have no reason to be salty when you got Ridley.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So can we get her for our backgrounds already? Pretty please warchamp. Pretty please.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I also want to thank you guy's for indirectly possibly getting the Dixie Kong fan's their chance at a semi-clone! Really; I think everyone wins here, unless you wanted Tom Nook xD

smash puffle

Smash Ace
It's still really weird to me but I'm so proud of her. She has come so far in her life I can help but put a smile on my face.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'll be completely honest, she was the least hype reveal for me but she actually looks incredibly fun and filled with personality. So congratulations :)

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I'm going to be very generous and assume that this is just trolling, because if not then dude, breath for a bit. Stop being selfish for your own desires and be happy for the huge amount of people that are ecstatic for her inclusion and the announcement of a new AC after waiting for so long. I'm not an Animal Crossing fan, never even played any of the games but I can at least recognize that it's a beloved series for millions even if my own wanted newcomers didn't get anything for now.
This annoys me more than anything. "WAAAAH IT ISN'T THE CHARACTER I WANTED" as if the whole world is about them. Isabelle is Animal Crossing's mascot, she is decently popular in the Smash community, and it gives AC a true second rep. She absolutely deserves to be in and her being her own unique character is a welcome surprise.

I admit I was dissapointed at first, but she looks like a really cool character and it it is a welcome surprise to the Isabelle fans that she is not an echo. I'd be dissapointed if Geno, Skull Kid, Isaac, or Shantae are not in, but I wont s*** at over characters who were probably just as deserving and on Sakurai who has given us so much.

Congrats Isabelle fans, hopefully the man children don't come down on you guys too hard.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I also want to thank you guy's for indirectly possibly getting the Dixie Kong fan's their chance at a semi-clone! Really; I think everyone wins here, unless you wanted Tom Nook xD
I mean, I want Tom Nook too.

I really like Animal Crossing a lot and I would love the series to get three characters in the next Smash: Villager, Isabelle, and Tom Nook.

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
And I was just reading somewhere today that a person was missing the Melee-style clone characters instead of Echoes...

Watch Out!

Smash Rookie
Warning: What I'm about to say may sound a "little" harsh. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just speaking my mind. Now with that apology out of the way, let's cut the chatter and get to the rant.

Great job.
Great. Fricking. Job.
While our edgy and recognizable characters like Shadow and Scorpion get left in the dust, YOU fools get to party in your underwear because a dog (which are far inferior to cats) that NOBODY knows about except for the very small minority who have played an Animal Crossing game got in.
You caused Sakurai to crush all of our hopes and dreams because you IDIOTS wanted a FLIPPING DOG in your fighting game.
And for that, I look down upon you. Your selfish desires have caused me pain, and I wish not to look in the eyes of one of you fools. I just wanted a new Subspace...

Again, I'm sorry about anything that triggers you. This whole thing came out way meaner than I expected.
"a little harsh"
Mate, you're about to burst a blood vessel.
"small minority who have played an Animal Crossing game"
New Leaf has 11.78 million units sold.
"your selfish desires have caused me pain, and i wish not to look in the eyes of one of you fools"
You're the most selfish one here. You're mad because we got someone you didn't want. Grow up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom