• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
That's very kind! I hope you don't think we swiped Isaac from you or anythin like some people do xD
No don't worry I don't blame Isabelle at all. She's a popular Nintendo character so her inclusion was obvious especially in a general direct where you guys even got a new Animal Crossing game which must be an incredible feeling. It's just out of all the reveals she didn't excite me as much but I'm still willing to give her a try. Regardless I still think Isaac has a strong shot in this game, it's just there was so much hype for him last night I got ahead of myself lol

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Stopping by to say congrats on getting your character. I'm kinda glad she's not an echo of the Villager if only so she doesn't get the murderous meme treatment like her boss.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

I am so gonna be rockin that red Digby-colored alt.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I mean, I want Tom Nook too.

I really like Animal Crossing a lot and I would love the series to get three characters in the next Smash: Villager, Isabelle, and Tom Nook.
Truer words never been spoken. Tom Nook as an Echo would have made the trailer go from middling to just decent. Sad to see he's not allowed on the mess.

But I guess TBQH, Isabelle's moves wouldn't have really befitted his personality. :p

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Well done Isabelle! From my understanding everyone expected her to be an Echo, but Sakurai and his team broke expectations and had her be her own fighter! Congrats to all her supporters too.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Just dropping by to say congratulations!

Not only is she in, but she’s a unique fighter to boot.

Don’t let the salt from others discourage you though. You have your character, and that’s all that matters.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
No don't worry I don't blame Isabelle at all. She's a popular Nintendo character so her inclusion was obvious especially in a general direct where you guys even got a new Animal Crossing game which must be an incredible feeling. It's just out of all the reveals she didn't excite me as much but I'm still willing to give her a try. Regardless I still think Isaac has a strong shot in this game, it's just there was so much hype for him last night I got ahead of myself lol
Minus the excitement; I'm totally on the same boat with you man! Since I didn't think semi clones would come back; I wasn't expecting anymore than an echo! All in all; she just bumped up my prediction of 12 total newcomers to 13. xD I'm still waiting on Isaac and Skull Kid with baited breath. (As well as others of course)

Kumashock

Smash Cadet
Soooo happy about her! Congrats to you all. Can't imagine a character that deserved more to be in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am so gonna be rockin that red Digby-colored alt.
Oh.... yeah.... kinda makes me wish Isabelle had Digby as alternate character... like Olimar and Alph. I mean, they are twins, albeit fraternal twins but still twins.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm glad to see that fellow not-supporters are taking it way better than I am that this was the final direct or the year, likely.
There's going to be more directs, and actually smash related. Chill yo.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Truer words never been spoken. Tom Nook as an Echo would have made the trailer go from middling to just decent. Sad to see he's not allowed on the mess.
I kinda want Tom Nook to be like Tanooki Mario from Super Mario Bros. 3. He's a tanooki after all! :awesome:

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
Congrats to you guys, the Isabelle supporters! Like many, I thought she would be an echo so I didn't expect her to be announced in the Direct, but I was wrong!

Hope you guys enjoy her alot when the game comes out

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Of course there's gonna be more Directs, but this year after five have already been done? I find it highly unlikely.

But, of course, I guess it's better to hope for the best and forget about the rest. Congrats, everyone, you've made the right guess.
But if I'm right, I will destroy you.
Dude, we are going to get at least 2 more smash focused directs. One I assume in October to talk about the new mode and other modes, and I am sure we'll get a bunch of characters there.

and then we should get another small direct a week before release, showing off the rest and detailing how dlc will work.

You will get your "more hype" characters then.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
OUR LITTLE PUPPY MADE THE CUT! AND SHE'S NOT A VILLAGER CLONE?!?! SAKURAI... THANK YOU. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I'll be honest, I wasn't as hype for her reveal like I was King K. Rool or Ridley, but I expected that since... come on, it's A.C. one of Ninty's most chill franchises.

That being said, her reveal trailer was SO adorable! I'll also say this: I feel as though her reveal would have been just a TAD more... engaging(?) had she been revealed alongside another character, Echo or not.

BTW, I take it that Tom Nook is Smash Ultimate's new Chrom?:awesome: No offense to Tom Nook supporters as I'm a Tom Nook supporter myself.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Dude, we are going to get at least 2 more smash focused directs. One I assume in October to talk about the new mode and other modes, and I am sure we'll get a bunch of characters there.

and then we should get another small direct a week before release, showing off the rest and detailing how dlc will work.

You will get your "more hype" characters then.
Not to mention that we can also get stand alone smash trailers, like what Robin got. I wouldn't be surprised if we got one before the end of this month given the small time frame between ults release.

Smash Apprentice
As a somewhat salty Skull Kid supporter I was upset at first that she wasn't an Echo, but honestly Isabelle doesn't really hurt the chances of any of my most wanted characters (RIP Tom Nook and KK Slider fans) and her moveset looks interesting, gameplay wise.

Congrats!

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
I'm pretty excited that she's in! Congrats to all of her supporters! As a supporter of King K. Rool, I know how you feel about your character finally making it in.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
I made mockups for Isabelle's alt, making 4 color swap for each costumes as per the standard like with Wario, Bayonetta, the gender swaps, ect. I focused on diversity and the source material, with half of her alts being her ouffits and the others are based the Special characters from Animal Crossing.

From left to right

1. Spring & Summer Uniform: Her default main appearance as seen in Animal Crossing and marketing.
2. Causal Clothes: Based on the ouffit that she wears at her home in HHD and RV in NLWA
3. K.K Slider: Based on her fellow musician doggo.
4.Pelican Sisters' uniform: Based on her predecessor, primarily uses Pelly's design with a dash of Phillis'.
5. Fall & Winter Uniform: Her 2nd costume, it's the clothes that she wears during the colder months.
6. New Year's Eve Tuxedo: Based on the clothes that she wears on December 31th.
7.Lottie's Happy Home Academy Uniform: Based on the character that was introduced in HHD.
8. Booker and Copper's Police Uniform: Based on her fellow doggo's uniform from the OG AC and NL.
She got the HHA and Pelly colors and her fall/winter ouffit as an alt costume, I wonder which of her 4 unrevealed colors will be the same , if not similar as mine.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I hope one of her alts gives her Digby's color scheme, including fur color.

It just makes too much sense to do.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Basically all of r/smashbros following Isabelle's reveal.

I mean I can get if you're not into Isabelle, but it seems like everyone is forgetting this was a NINTENDO direct. The big names like Geno, Skull Kid, and Isaac will most likely come later (preferably during a Smash direct).
I agree. This was the perfect time to reveal her, with the reveal of AC. It makes more sense to reveal the characters that don't have an upcoming game (Isaac, Geno, Skull Kid, Shadow, Shantae) to be revealed during a Smash Direct.

I hope one of her alts gives her Digby's color scheme, including fur color.

It just makes too much sense to do.
The only thing with that is that Digby's personality is much different from Isabelle's. I think he would work better as an echo than an alt, since he could have his own personality as an echo

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Congrats, you guys. Her trailer may have been lackluster but she certainly isn’t! Glad you guys got your favorite.

Watch Out!

Smash Rookie
I thought Tom Nook was gonna be playable when I saw him on the trailer. Oh well, I wanted Isabelle more (although i still wanted tom...).

Last edited:

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
Drive-by congrats! Isabelle's been cameoing in so many things since New Leaf's release that she seemed to be a shoo-in, but her having a (mostly?) unique moveset is pretty surprising in its own right. She makes sense as a second AC rep and I enjoyed the characteristically pleasant reveal trailer. No one got killed this time!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh cool it actually happened, the thread being in her own character section!
woo.

I was hoping this would happen with Shantae, but this could be interesting too :)

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Welp! Congrats to you guys for nailing this one! That was more than anyone could ask for, so amazing! BTW, I come from the Dixie and Bandana Waddle Dee threads. I gotta agree, this definitely opens the door for us Dixie fans, and don't forget the Sonic fans as well with Shadow and Tails as well. Those salty idiots also need to remember Sakurai is far from done here, he still has to cover the other details, there's so much left to find out, like modes, collectibles.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I came here to say congratulations to everyone on a promotion from AT status, it was well-deserved.

I was confident that her status within Nintendo's characters would have guaranteed her a unique moveset (though that turned out to be to some degree).

Tom Nook and Mr. Resetti have taken one for the team, but it was worth it. It was obvious who Villager really wanted to pick in this comic.

smash_ballots___villager_by_dragonith-d8pj7py.png

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Isabelle looks ****ing adorable. I'm not an Animal Crossing player but I can appreciate her being in Smash. There's no denying the series' deserves it! Nice to see that she's not an Echo either.

Part of me thinks that Tom Nook is going to be an Echo of one of the two characters. His fan following during the Brawl days was huge and he's still pretty popular. The end of the trailer could be seen as an outro, but it could also be seen as a Dark Pit style hint.

Either way, she looks really fun! Might have to give her a whirl. Also much respect to those who still came here to offer congratulations despite being indifferent to the character.

Last edited:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
It's great to see Isabelle in with her own slot! I always thought that her being a Villager Echo would feel a tad bit off, so I really like the direction they went with her moveset. I only wish that she used a few Emotions as attacks haha, but the moves she uses totally makes sense, and she's a very deserving character. Ultimate continues to please with its newcomers in my eyes.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
Congrats Isabelle supporters!! I've been saying a lot of hate for her recently from a lot of unconsiderable jerks online. She was never one of my most wanted characters, but I welcomed her either way, so again, congratulations on getting your character!

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Hey, guys! Wanted to say congrats on getting your character!!! It’s always great seeing people passionate about their favorite character getting to see that character in Smash. While I wasn’t really campaigning for her, I like Isabelle and I’m glad to see her as a playable character, I think she’ll be a lot of fun!

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Gotta be honest, the reveal itself wasn't that great. There was no energy to it at all, it went on for too long, and literally everybody knew what this was gonna be once Smash was mentioned. There was no need to drag it out.

THAT SAID
I really like Villager's moveset, and she looks really fun to play, so definitely gonna try her out. Congratulations!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Just wanted to share some amazing fan art that’s already come out of the trailer!

She’s so pure and cute and I can’t wait to beat up buff dudes like Snake and Simon Belmont with her

Top Bottom