• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

Luminario

Smash Lord
:ultisabelle:The backbone of ACNL society, Isabelle:ultisabelle:
isabelle smash render.png

Who is Isabelle?
Isabelle is the assistant to the mayor of the town in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, who is usually you, the main character. She is usually seen working hard in the Town Hall, where you can talk to her about the general state of the town, implement ordinances, or build any Public Work Projects. In Happy Home Designer Isabelle still works hard at the Town Hall, and she gives the player Public Facilities. She can also be scanned into the game in order to make her a nice home.

Why would Isabelle be a fighter in Smash Bros?
Isabelle has recently been regarded as the secondary representative of Animal Crossing, overtaking older AC characters like Tom Nook and K.K. Slider. She is incredible popular, appearing in crossover situations like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, where she is a Feline outfit along with Resetti, and Mario Kart 8, where she joins Villager as being a fully fledged racer, and in the Badge Arcade, where she appears along with Nikki and Ashley in multiple series badges and having custom ones specifically made for her.
She's already in Smash Bros as an Assist Trophy, and with her popularity only increasing it seems to be only a matter of time before Isabelle is promoted to being a fighter. There's also tons of material in the Animal Crossing series not yet touched by Villager themselves: Public Works Projects, the vast array of handheld items like party poppers and bubble wands, emotion based attacks, the list goes on~. Such a vast array of potential can't be represented easily by a single character.
Animal Crossing as a series has also persisted as a popular franchise over the years (barring Amiibo Festival for obvious reasons), with the games selling into the millions. New Leaf especially has sold around 10 million copies (according to vgchartz and wikipedia) so the franchise is clearly well known and doing well.

How would Isabelle fight?
Here's a list of all known moves for Isabelle:
Jab: Downward swing with the Toy Hammer.
Ftilt: Villager's umbrella swing. Uses the Candy Gingham umbrella.
Utilt: Overhead swing with a broom.
Dtilt: Villager's weed pull.

Dash Attack: Same as Villager's: tripping and dropping a held item, only it's a Brown Pot instead of a potted Sapling.

Fsmash: Party Popper.
Usmash: The Stop Sign PWP pops out of the ground in front of her.
Dsmash: Throws water from a bucket on each side. Inkling's down smash essentially.

Nair: Typical spinning nair like Ness or Peach, only while holding pom poms.
All other aerials are the same as Villager. Uair and Dair have consistent turnips.

Grab: Seems to be identical to Villager's Bug Net.

B: Pocket. No difference to Villager's has been shown so far.
Side B: Fishing Rod. Ranged semi-grab and tether. It's a semi-grab in that it can't grab through shields, as it just bounces off. The hook lies on the ground or hanging off the edge until it is reeled back in, where it can catch unsuspecting opponents.
Up B: Balloon Swing. Sits on a swing that is carried by 2 Bunny Balloons. Functionally identical to Villager's Up B, only it's apparently feels heavier.
Down B: Lloid Mine. Plants Lloid into the ground so that a small part of the top of his head is poking out. When an opponent stands on the spot Lloid pops out and ascends, taking the opponents with him until he blows up a certain distance above. Can be set off remotely by pressing Down B again, where Isabelle punches upwards as it gets set off. Can be destroyed by attacks as it's buried in the ground.

Final Smash: Same as Villager's, only Nook builds a Town Hall.

Taunt 1: Isabelle performs the Complete emotion from Happy Home Designer (the dance where you finish a house and the villager likes it.)
Taunt 2: Isabelle claps a few times.
Taunt 3: Isabelle waves towards the screen.

Victory Screen 1: She brushes dust off her skirt, jumps twice, then poses with her hands on her hips (the pose from the Pride emotion in the AC games).
Victory Screen 2: waves with one hand then the other then poses with both arms out (ending pose of the Flourish emotion).
Victory Screen 3: (my fave) A Lloid rocket blasts off in the distance as she waves it off before turning to the camera and doing her artwork pose.

Alternate Costumes
isabelle alts.PNG

Ah, the fun part. Being from Animal Crossing, a relaxed and mostly non-actiony game, Isabelle could have something of a non-fighter fighting moveset like Villager (and something that I've been told is similar to Phoenix Wright's moveset in Marvel vs Capcom). Basically, she didn't mean to hit you with a Topiary sprouting from the ground, you were just in the way. This sort of 'accidental fighting' concept is perfect for who Isabelle is as a character, as she's more here to have fun and to try to give the battlefield a Perfect Town rating.
I've envisioned Isabelle as using a multitude of Public Work Projects, items, and emotions as attacks, similar to what I mentioned just above.
Entrance: Isabelle pops out of a house similar to Villager's entrance.

Jab: Isabelle whistles and a musical note pops out in front of her. Pressing A again lets out another note that pops out above the first one, and pressing it again pops out a note that's lower than the first one. Finisher is a bigger note that knocks opponents away.
Ftilt: Pops a party popper. Bit of a startup but good range.
Utilt: Brings out a parasol and twirls it above her. 3 hits.
Dtilt: Roman candle. Good range and multihit.
Dash: Isabelle pulls out the toy hammer and brings it down hard forwards.

Fsmash: Topiary. Isabelle pulls back down before punching her arm into the air as a topiary pops out of the ground in front of her. Can be the round, square, or tulip topiary but they all function exactly the same.
Usmash: Arch. Isabelle jumps happily as an arch builds around her, completing at the middle. Can be the balloon, flower, or illumated arch or rarely the Wisteria Trellis but like Fsmash they're all the same. Sweetspot is right above Isabelle where the arch comes together but the sourspots on either side of her aren't that weak either.
Dsmash: Clock. A flower/illuminated clock pops out of the ground with both hands pointing to 12 (which is the current direction Isabelle is facing). The minute hand spins quickly forward an hour as Isabelle spins with it from the centre, knocking opponents away. Hits in front twice but behind only once.

Nair: Joy emotion. As Isabelle does one full rotation with her body like Villager's nair, 5 flowers shoot out consecutively from her head, each in a different direction. If Isabelle is facing left, the flowers pop out at top left, bottom right, straight up, bottom left, top right (imagine it forming a sort of pentagram if you connect where the flowers pop out of).
Fair: Sneezing. Isabelle sneezes quickly forward.
Bair: Isabelle pops a party popper behind her.
Uair: Love emotion. Isabelle puts her hands together to her chest as a hear appears over her head. Has quite some range like Rosalina's uair but disappears if it hits something.
Dair: Heartbreak emotion. Isabelle turns upside down and does the same animation as uair but as the heart breaks she looks shocked then sad. Spikes the exact moment the heart breaks, if it hits something before or after that it does weak knockback and disappears.

Grab: the fence from the construction space before the Public Work Project is complete pops up in front of Isabelle. If Isabelle grabs someone with this attack she starts to do the Distress emotion
Pummel: The star of the Mistaken emotion falls on Isabelles head, which bounces off into hitting the opponent.
Fthrow: Lloid, complete with the hard hat, pops out of the ground, grabs the opponent, and throws them forward.
Bthrow: Same as fthrow but throws backwards.
Uthrow: Lloid pops out from under the opponent violently. Alright kill throw.
Dthrow: Constructs the caution sign in front of the opponent, which them immediately falls down on top of them, hitting them away.

B: Airplane. (Completely stolen from my Nikki moveset) Isabelle holds a paper airplane in her hand and reels back to throw it. The airplane can be aimed before thrown by holding B and falls in a wide arc.
B Option 2: Fruit Throw. Similar to what she did as an AT, Isabelle will bring out a random fruit and throw it forwards in an arc, causing weak damage to opponents it hits. This also has an added effect of healing a teammate for 1-2% if they manage to catch the fruit mid-throw, so it's also somewhat of a team-assist move. Opponent's can't grab it though, so it's safe to use in 1 on 1/Free for alls.

Side B: Bubble wand. Isabelle takes out a bubble wand and blows a single bubble that floats out a bit in front of her before slowly floating upwards. Essentially a floating landmine that pops as soon as an opponent touches it. One bubble at a time.

Up B: Pinwheel. Functions like the propeller heads from the Mario series. Isabelle holds the pinwheel above her as it shoots her quickly upwards before letting her glide down slowly. Using it on the ground shoots out a windbox either side.
Up B Option 2: Air Mail. Isabelle summons Pete to flap his wings as hard as he can to carry her upwards to safety.
Up B Option 3: UFO Sighting. Gulliver swoops in with his UFO and grabs Isabelle in a tractor beam, carrying her in any direction. Hitting the UFO hard enough causes Gulliver to drop Isabelle into freefall.

Down B: Resetti Manhole. Simpler version of Option 2. Isabelle summons a manhole below her. Any opponent that walks on the manhole gets knocked back as Resetti pops out fuming with rage.
Down B Option 2: Public Work Projects. Isabelle's shining unique ability. Upon pressing down B Isabelle will look lost in thought as a ghost of a PWP appears just in front of her. You can then cycle through each one by pressing B again and selecting the current one by pressing A. Only one PWP can be active at a time and they all disappear after a set time. Can only be used on the ground. Here are a few ideas:

Resetti Manhole: Landmine trap. If an opponent steps on the manhole Resetti pops out looking furious before going back under as the manhole disappears.
Flower Bed: complete with flowers, this slows down the walk and run speed of any opponent currently inside it.
Hot Spring: This slowly heals anyone currently standing inside it, friend or foe.
Statue Fountain: Lets out a stream of water from the jug, doing constant damage but no knockback. The water disappears when it hits a platform so it's pretty much only good for edgeguarding as you position the stream over an edge.
Scarecrow: Meat shield. Good for blocking potential projectiles.
Instrument Shelter: Lets out small rain clouds that reach a certain height, choose a direction to float in, and let out raindrops that do damage and no knockback. Lets out around 6 rain clouds, 3 each direction, before disappearing. (not sure about this one as it might just be too much and does what the fountain does)

Final Smash: Train Station. Isabelle strikes a pose as the train station pops up behind her. Isabelle jumps back to the entrance of the station, points whichever way she was facing, and a train comes from the screen edge the opposite way she was facing, all the way to the screen edge the other side, doing heavy damage to anyone in the way. Since this FS doesn't freeze frame, opponents are able to quickly move away from the trains path.
Final Smash 2: Completely stolen from King Sonnn DeDeDoo. Isabelle summons the base of the town tree in New Leaf and plants a sapling that quickly shoots up into a full size tree, over 2 Villager trees tall. Incredible vertical and diagonally upward reach but barely any purely horizontal.
Final Smash 3: Animal Parade. Cinematic FS. Isabelle pulls out a megaphone and shouts into it. anyone caught in the initial shockwave gets transported to a AC village. Isabelle pops up a few feet away and shout into the megaphone again, summoning a stampede of animal villagers that rush down the opponents, dealing heavy damage and knockback after the FS ends.

Taunt 1: Isabelle falls asleep where she's standing, then quickly wakes up.
Taunt 2: She twirls then strikes a cute pose.
Taunt 3: She brings out a clipboard and looks at it pensively.

Potential alt costumes
isabelle2.png
isabelle3.png
isabelle1.png
isabelle4.jpg
isabelle6.jpg
isabelle7.jpg
isabelle5.jpg

Discord Link

Isabelle Discord

Supporters
  1. Luminario
  2. Aussie the Naturist
  3. Opossum
  4. Lola Luftnagle
  5. Kirbeh
  6. Fisher
  7. SmashChu
  8. smashkirby
  9. KingofPhantoms
  10. lordvaati
  11. Jason the Yoshi
  12. Pacack
  13. CrusherMania1592
  14. UserKev
  15. Mr. Nintendo
  16. BluePikmin11
  17. Starcutter
  18. Guybrush20X6
  19. UnknownM
  20. FunAtParties
  21. MacDaddyNook
  22. Morbi
  23. pupNapoleon
  24. GoodGrief741
  25. lightdasher
  26. MrReyes96
  27. YoshiAndToad
  28. Tailisu10
  29. Kitty-chan
  30. TCT~Phantom
  31. TingleZC
  32. SEGAGameBoy
  33. MoonlitIllusion
  34. ThoughtfulWanderer
  35. MBRedboy31
  36. King Sonnn DeDeDoo
  37. papagenos
  38. GM_3826
  39. Slyshock
  40. Aurane
  41. Erotic&Heretic
  42. Ed-boy
  43. P.Kat
  44. Cetus
  45. smash puffle
  46. Demonfunds
  47. VillagerX3
  48. RileyXY1
  49. ZTurtle
  50. Juliusaurus
  51. Igglybuff4SmashU
  52. Sari
  53. Cosmic77
  54. Noipoi
  55. Nazyrus
  56. The Puffer
  57. PichuMain
  58. Zabadoo
As of the 13th of September, Isabelle was confirmed to be a unique fighter for Super Smash Bros Ultimate!:ultisabelle:

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I support. Isabelle always seems like the perfect Animal Crossing secondary rep.

Also, obligatory @Opossum.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Hmm...this is going to be pretty interesting. Inasmuch her appearance as an assist trophy and that a Mii Fighter outfit is based off of her (which was one six DLC outfits I bought) I'd say Shizue has a fair shot of getting in. Yeah...I shall support this. :)

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Support. At this point she feels like the natural choice for a second AC rep, provided we get one that is, but I don't see why not. It's a fairly popular series and she's a fairly popular and now iconic character for the AC series.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Homegirl is legit.

And if you are legit.

All haters must acquit.

And thus support her for Smash Switch.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Homegirl is legit.

And if you are legit.

All haters must acquit.

And thus support her for Smash Switch.
Lol

Pretty much good reasons to support the mayor's lovely assistant.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Isabelle is an interesting character for Smash. She's not as popular as a lot of other characters, but she probably one of the most likely candidates for the next games. She is the face of Animal Crossing and is featured heavily in every game. She was the main character of the amiibo game was featured in Mario Kart.

Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's A list games. New Leaf broke 10 million units sold. Happy Home Designer sold another 3 million. If any series was going to get more fighters, it would be Animal Crossing and Isabelle would be the prime canidate.

Isabelle is one of the few characters I would say is a lock. A lot of people don't see this because I don't think there are a lot of cross over between Smash and Animal Crossing (Animal Crossing has a unique demographic). But I would expect her. She is very much a Nintendo All Star

Luminario

Smash Lord
Isabelle is an interesting character for Smash. She's not as popular as a lot of other characters, but she probably one of the most likely candidates for the next games. She is the face of Animal Crossing and is featured heavily in every game. She was the main character of the amiibo game was featured in Mario Kart.

Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's A list games. New Leaf broke 10 million units sold. Happy Home Designer sold another 3 million. If any series was going to get more fighters, it would be Animal Crossing and Isabelle would be the prime canidate.

Isabelle is one of the few characters I would say is a lock. A lot of people don't see this because I don't think there are a lot of cross over between Smash and Animal Crossing (Animal Crossing has a unique demographic). But I would expect her. She is very much a Nintendo All Star
I was actually expecting more support for this angel too. Her potential is a hidden gem and her popularity surpasses most running candidates and even a few veterans (not on here obviously but in the general market).

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I was actually expecting more support for this angel too. Her potential is a hidden gem and her popularity surpasses most running candidates and even a few veterans (not on here obviously but in the general market).
I don't find it surprising. Your right, to the general populous, Isabelle is a more popular character than most people bring up (heck, people are STILL talking about Krystal). I think the reason is, one, that a move set isn't that obvious for her as other characters and two, I don't think a lot of people who are fans of AC are fans of Smash. AC appeals more to girls, and girls don't care for the competitive nature of Smash. In terms of merit, Isabelle is one of the most obvious choices, but I don't think a lot of fans see that.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I support Isabelle! I wouldn't be too shocked if she got promoted from AT to playable in Smash for Switch. She could be a cute, innocent fighter, who doesn't mean to attack you, but does so anyways.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If she got in Mario Kart as DLC she's definitely got a shot for Smash.

She's become a very important part of AC and a certainly a big icon of it. And unlike some of the other big icons I do think she has a bit more material to work with as a potential fighter than many of the others do.

Oh, you've got my support, by the way.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
If we do get another AC character I would certainly not be against Bill Trinen's girlfriend getting in.

It's also worth noting that the Fishing Rod is the only major AC tool not used by Villager, so maybe Belle should get it?

Luminario

Smash Lord
If we do get another AC character I would certainly not be against Bill Trinen's girlfriend getting in.

It's also worth noting that the Fishing Rod is the only major AC tool not used by Villager, so maybe Belle should get it?
I still think Villager not having the fishing rod is a travesty, and they should really get it next game. I'm not entirely sure about Isabelle getting it though cause she doesn't really use it at all or have anything to do with fishing, but it certainly could work. Even with all the tools Villager uses in Smash, there's still plenty more like the Fishing Rod, Toy Hammer or the Glow Wands for someone else to use.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I still think Villager not having the fishing rod is a travesty, and they should really get it next game. I'm not entirely sure about Isabelle getting it though cause she doesn't really use it at all or have anything to do with fishing, but it certainly could work. Even with all the tools Villager uses in Smash, there's still plenty more like the Fishing Rod, Toy Hammer or the Glow Wands for someone else to use.
Oh yes!

These two items would fit her alot. It would be a waste if she doesn't get to use them (like either one magically becoming items).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Okay, I have mixed feelings about this.

I stopped playing Animal Crossing for good a few years ago. BUT I do still like the franchise and wish the best for it. Isabelle was one of my favorite characters when I was playing New Leaf, but then I gave my copy of the game to my wife.

So I support Isabelle.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My only worry with Isabelle would be Sakurai seeing her as too peaceful for Smash, like he did for Villager at first.

That said, I can't say I don't like the little pup.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Perfect Final Smash material right there. She tries to stop a stampede of animal villagers from trampling the opponents to no avail.
Honestly? I can mostly see Isabelle having such an attack in a hypothetical "Nintendo vs. Capcom" game than Smash.

Also, here's a cute piece I came across of Isabelle and her brother Digby:

It also lines up with Izzy and Digby's claims that they spent a LOT of their puphood together.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
She has my support!

With her being more of a face towards the AC series, it wouldn't surprise me she gets in the next one plus her appearances outside the AC series (MK8 for example) increases her chances of being a fighter

UserKev

Smash Champion
I support. Isabelle is exciting. Her move set would also be unpredictable to me. As I once said, an assistant based fighter has a lot to bring.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Do I support Isabelle in Smash? Dunno, but the more and more I think about it, the more likely she seems and more logical as well. I can't really argue with a logical choice like Isabelle. I'm not a big Animal Crossing fan. But it's become very apparent that she's basically the new face of the franchise. Getting in Mario Kart is a pretty big deal into.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I personally dread the thought that Isabelle is much more likelier than Tom Nook as of now, but given the heavy promotional circumstances, it seems she might be chosen as the second AC representative. I literally have nothing against both of their inclusions, I feel a second AC representative is inevitable. Here is hoping Isabelle gets in! :roll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I still feel rather confident about Isabelle's chances, especially if what we're getting is a new Smash game rather than a port.

Here's hoping she's one of the next characters to make the jump from Assist Trophy to fighter!

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'll say this once and I will say this again, Isabelle for ****ing Smash baby!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Isabelle is a character I would want to try out if she was in smash.

That's cool, since she's one of the 10 I predict as a newcomer!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Animal Crossing has a lot of concepts the villager doesn't you in his/her moveset that Isabelle could use like property development for example.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I wish there was more Isabelle discussion. What more can we add? I'm a stranger to Animal Crossing but, I consider Isabelle popular at a high rate.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I wish there was more Isabelle discussion. What more can we add? I'm a stranger to Animal Crossing but, I consider Isabelle popular at a high rate.
People can always add what they'd like to see regarding Isabelle in Smash like alts or moveset preferences.
When I made this thread to begin with I was surprised it got so little attention, but then the Inkling thread barely got posted on either so I guess people just don't really know what to say about her.

UnknownM

Smash Cadet
Fishing Rod could work as a tether for Isabelle.

I would personally like to have her in, I feel she could have a Fruit based moveset.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I would personally like to have her in, I feel she could have a Fruit based moveset.
Recently I've been thinking about how she could have a fruit throw projectile for pestering opponents at long range, but if a teammate grabs it as it's flying then it heals them like 1-2% or something like that. It keeps the concept of her AT but modified for being a fighter.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Don’t forget about the public projects she can organize as obstacles.

And her adorable party popper for most celebrations.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I forgot the Isabelle assist trophy gives fruit to the user. That would be ok, but I would much rather have her moveset focus on the gameplay aspects of being a mayor for moveset potential rather than just giving fruit. I want her to be more independent.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I forgot the Isabelle assist trophy gives fruit to the user. That would be ok, but I would much rather have her moveset focus on the gameplay aspects of being a mayor for moveset potential rather than just giving fruit. I want her to be more independent.
I feel like Isabelle should use a voice intercom in her move set that stuns the foe with knock back depending on the damage. Haha

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I feel like Isabelle should use a voice intercom in her move set that stuns the foe with knock back depending on the damage. Haha
....Do you mean the megaphone? Or were you making a secretary joke? I honestly can't tell haha

UserKev

Smash Champion
....Do you mean the megaphone? Or were you making a secretary joke? I honestly can't tell haha
Yeah, that's the word for it. I feel like it looks right on her. Also, give her a golf club. Isabelle using it alongside Peach would have exceptional appeal.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's the word for it. I feel like it looks right on her. Also, give her a golf club. Isabelle using it alongside Peach would have exceptional appeal.
Why a golf club though? She's never used one. She could have a glow wand if a stick-like weapon is what you're after.
I like the idea of her using a megaphone to create a shockwave though. Suits her to a T too.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I really think Isabelle has a good chance. Not entirely sold on her moveset, but I'd love to see how they pull her off.
Is it weird that I find the idea of Isabelle being a riot squad officer adorable?

Having been inside one of those, I don't know why anyone would want to fight in that. Good for pushing people around, dealing with with people throwing stuff, but actual combat? Good luck. It is adorable though.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I believe Isabelle is the only A-List Nintendo character that hasn't become playable in Smash Bros (excluding the Inklings whom have already been confirmed). I'd say she is deserving and has a good shot of making it in, unless they rather she reprises her role as an Assist Trophy. I'd be ok either way, but I think she would be more fun playable.

My only hang-up on her is that she seems too nice to be a fighter. However, I guess that could be remedied by making all of her "attacks" cosmetically appear as accidents from non-violent actions. I like the concept of using the Public Works as "attacks" since it both incorporates her in-game actions as well as gives her a way to "hit" her foes without being the aggressor.

Top Bottom