• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

zferolie

Smash Hero
We got a Nintendo direct coming tommorow guys! I feel this is the perfect time to show off Isabelle as an Echo(along with Dixie), along side a new Animal crossing game! Get hyped for our favorite pupper!

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
We got a Nintendo direct coming tommorow guys! I feel this is the perfect time to show off Isabelle as an Echo(along with Dixie), along side a new Animal crossing game! Get hyped for our favorite pupper!
Perhaps it’s a bit greedy but I’m hoping for a new Animal Crossing and I feel now would be a good time to announce it. Since paid online is most likely is going be a focus for this direct, I feel AC is franchise that could utilize online connectivity. After going over the attributes of paid online, and current games that will use it, they could also talk about it being planned with future releases, such as Smash and Animal Crossing. I think they could end the direct with an announcement for a switch AC game with a 2019 release and an Isabelle smash reveal.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Perhaps it’s a bit greedy but I’m hoping for a new Animal Crossing and I feel now would be a good time to announce it. Since paid online is most likely is going be a focus for this direct, I feel AC is franchise that could utilize online connectivity. After going over the attributes of paid online, and current games that will use it, they could also talk about it being planned with future releases, such as Smash and Animal Crossing. I think they could end the direct with an announcement for a switch AC game with a 2019 release and an Isabelle smash reveal.
You never know with them, Nintendo sure likes their surprises. I, personally, would think that next year would be good for AC Switch since so many of the big guns (Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash) are already out of the way and I don't think they have much other than Fire Emblem and Pokemon Gen 8 confirmed for 2018, so they want to keep that hype train going strong.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
You never know with them, Nintendo sure likes their surprises. I, personally, would think that next year would be good for AC Switch since so many of the big guns (Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash) are already out of the way and I don't think they have much other than Fire Emblem and Pokemon Gen 8 confirmed for 2018, so they want to keep that hype train going strong.
Well they could announce it at this direct and have a release date of late next year, around fall

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
We'll probably get at least 1 echo and 1 newcomer for this Direct.

I doubt they'd show any 3rd party characters like Ken or Shadow in this Nintendo Direct. I'm guessing Isabelle will be the echo while the newcomer will be Geno or Skull Kid.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Man, a new Animal Crossing would be just as hype to me as playable Isabelle, even if it's just a teaser logo like with MP4 and Bayo 3. I think that there will be too much to talk about in this direct for anything more than that, but either way, a new game is coming very soon. I just know iti s.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Just wanted to wish you guys good luck tomorrow from the Isaac thread. A new AC game has to be coming up soon, and what better way to hype it than announcing Isabelle right after?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Man, a new Animal Crossing would be just as hype to me as playable Isabelle, even if it's just a teaser logo like with MP4 and Bayo 3. I think that there will be too much to talk about in this direct for anything more than that, but either way, a new game is coming very soon. I just know iti s.
What is MP4?

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, the Direct had been pushed back due because of the earthquake. I hope everybody there is fine and all right there.

On the bright side, I'm going to throw some support to you guys. I think Isabelle can be an cool and weird fighter. I will love to play as her.

Also, I made this. Hope you all like it.

D

Deleted member

Before the whole Echo Fighter thing came into play I was not of the opinion that there was much you could do with another Animal Crossing character since Villager covers everything that needs to be covered. But now that we do have Echo Fighters, Isabelle is probably the best option for a Villager Echo. I myself don't play Animal Crossing that much but I can see where Isabelle got her popularity. She is indeed very adorable.

Consider me a supporter.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Before the whole Echo Fighter thing came into play I was not of the opinion that there was much you could do with another Animal Crossing character since Villager covers everything that needs to be covered. But now that we do have Echo Fighters, Isabelle is probably the best option for a Villager Echo. I myself don't play Animal Crossing that much but I can see where Isabelle got her popularity. She is indeed very adorable.

Consider me a supporter.
I want her in the game more than any other character (realistically speaking), and if she's an Echo Fighter, that'd be fine, but I think a unique fighter could work for her too. She could use some of the stuff that isn't represented in AC in her moveset, such as the fishing rod, or she could use a unique moveset that fits for her personality. Either way, let's hope she makes the jump from AT to playable

Edit (So that I don't double post): I was thinking, and notice how all echo fighters have very short reveal scenes compared to the unique fighters? I was thinking about how Daisy was the first new echo fighter revealed, and was wondering why Daisy? I mean sure, she's a well known character, but she's just a side character and is only well known in the sports titles, whereas Isabelle is the face of Animal Crossing. Now, I don't know how big Daisy's fanbase is, but I think it would've made more sense to show off Isabelle as the first echo fighter, since she's basically the only Nintendo All Star missing from the game, but they chose Daisy instead. So that makes me think that Isabelle might be a unique fighter and that we'll get her long cut scene reveal sometime later. Am I wrong about this?

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Direct officially confirmed for tomorrow. We are so close!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Pretty sure we are seeing Isabelle as one of the echos tommorow. Like 95% sure. Her and Dixie, with 1 newcomer

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pretty sure we are seeing Isabelle as one of the echos tommorow. Like 95% sure. Her and Dixie, with 1 newcomer
I think we're only getting one character in all tomorrow, going by the delayed blog updates. Plus, it's a normal Direct, not a Smash one.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think we're only getting one character in all tomorrow, going by the delayed blog updates. Plus, it's a normal Direct, not a Smash one.
one new comer for sure, but there were a bunch of missed blog posts this week, and those could be of echos we got.

Plus, an end of direct trailer for a new comer, and a 3 minute trailer at most to show off the 2 echos around the mid point of the direct. that barely eats into the direct.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
one new comer for sure, but there were a bunch of missed blog posts this week, and those could be of echos we got.

Plus, an end of direct trailer for a new comer, and a 3 minute trailer at most to show off the 2 echos around the mid point of the direct. that barely eats into the direct.
There were only three missed blog posts and one skipped song, though. That's the newcomer's gameplay post, the character's trailer, and the character's memory post, alongside a song from them. All of that only adds up to one character.

zferolie

Smash Hero
There were only three missed blog posts and one skipped song, though. That's the newcomer's gameplay post, the character's trailer, and the character's memory post, alongside a song from them. All of that only adds up to one character.
You may have missed this then. there are more missed blog posts.

so thats the 4 during the direct, 2 after the toon link posts, then 3 after Bowser. Plus later they said todays stage was actually meant before bowsers, so todays was supposed to be something else. So that means that we missed 9 blog posts due to the delayed direct.

That could easily be: 1 reveal trailer, 1 newcomer spotlight, 1 memory for that character, 1 new music for that character, 1 stage for that character, 2 echo spotlights, and 2 memories for those echos. thats the 9 posts.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

so thats the 4 during the direct, 2 after the toon link posts, then 3 after Bowser. Plus later they said todays stage was actually meant before bowsers, so todays was supposed to be something else. So that means that we missed 9 blog posts due to the delayed direct.

That could easily be: 1 reveal trailer, 1 newcomer spotlight, 1 memory for that character, 1 new music for that character, 1 stage for that character, 2 echo spotlights, and 2 memories for those echos. thats the 9 posts.
What are memory posts?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Even so, I wouldn't think too much of 143-145. They needed to go into next week for the music anyway, so those three are more than likely normal updates.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
While I do believe Isabelle is very likely to be revealed as the next Echo, don't get disappointed if we only get one character tomorrow. Echo or not, it would be VERY out of place for a regular Nintendo Direct to reveal two newcomers at once.

Just wait a little while longer. If she doesn't get revealed tomorrow, it's no biggie.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
While I do believe Isabelle is very likely to be revealed as the next Echo, don't get disappointed if we only get one character tomorrow. Echo or not, it would be VERY out of place for a regular Nintendo Direct to reveal two newcomers at once.

Just wait a little while longer. If she doesn't get revealed tomorrow, it's no biggie.
Even if she doesn't get revealed right now, she's still very likely to be revealed as playable at some point before it comes out. I mean, if she's able to get in MK8 and Monster Hunter then Ultimate seems like a no-brainer, but at the same time, I hope she has enough fan demand. From what I've seen, it doesn't seem like a lot of people want her

Edit: It's funny how Isabelle was made DLC for the Felynes in Monster Hunter back in early 2015, and now Monster Hunter is represented in Smash Ultimate. Could this help her chances for being playable in Ultimate?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Make sure to vote for Isabelle in this poll!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Had a dream back in the SSB4 days that Isabelle with a double barrel shot gun was a newcomer and that it was part of like 90% of her attacks, including her throws and recovery. It also had unsettlingly realistic sound effects along with human like movements to unload and reload it, complete with casings hitting the ground. Throughout her trailer, her expression never changed either, as if it was actually a person wearing a mascot head. Anyways... Hope she's revealed soon.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Had a dream back in the SSB4 days that Isabelle with a double barrel shot gun was a newcomer and that it was part of like 90% of her attacks, including her throws and recovery. It also had unsettlingly realistic sound effects along with human like movements to unload and reload it, complete with casings hitting the ground. Throughout her trailer, her expression never changed either, as if it was actually a person wearing a mascot head. Anyways... Hope she's revealed soon.
Isabelle with no expression... Her cute expressions are the main reason I, and probably a lot of us, want her playable. I can't wait to see what expressions Daddy Dankurai gives her. She's gonna be adorbs

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I mean, that's not too different from her Mii Fighter skin...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I have to go to class soon, and depending on when I get out I might not get to see the Direct live.

If that's the case, have fun with the Direct! Hopefully Isabelle finally gets revealed today!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Isabelle's a safe guess for this direct right now. Whether she's an echo or unique, I'll be happy

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
IT"S HAPPENING!

I MEAN I WAS CONFIDENT IN HER CHANCES IN GETTING IN ANYWAY BUT HER BEING REVEALED TODAY WAS ONE OF THE LAST THINGS I WOULD'VE GUESSED I GUESSED ZELDA POKEMON OR GENO INSTEAD.

THIS IS AWESOME!

"Ahem"

On that note, her reveal trailer was freaking adorable.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well congradulations from the shantae thread isabelle fans! I knew she was gonna be in the game, but as a full newcomer? thats a surprise.

She deserves it though, and I am happy to see her playable!

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
WHAT THE?!?!?!?!

Those Moves aren't even REMOTELY Similar to Villager's Moves!!!!

OH MY TOKEKE!!! SHE'S NOT AN ECHO FIGHTER!!!! SHE'S AN ORIGINAL FIGHTER!!

xNaz

Smash Cadet
AN ORIGINAL MOVESET HAHAHAHAHAHAHA CONGRATS LADS

Last edited:
Top Bottom