• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I would put money on Isabelle being in. Only real question is if she's an Echo or not... I can really see it going either way.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I would put money on Isabelle being in. Only real question is if she's an Echo or not... I can really see it going either way.
I can totally see Isabelle being an echo now. Either I'm distracted by hype over other characters or I just don't see Sakurai willing to put extra work making her unique anymore over other veteran requested names.

The move set Opossum put work into, public works seems too good to happen. We may end up seeing her move set with some aspects of it but not fully how we want it. Not to kill Isabelle hype. I want to be wrong.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Here’s a tutorial you can repost the next time you see someone misspell Isabelle’s name (which happens more often than it should, at least we don’t have Isaacs level of widespread misspellings)

Isabelle
Is-a-belle
Is a bell
C5B35D8D-43B7-4BF2-A916-692FD84FC450.jpeg
Her head is shaped like a bag of bells, my mind was blown when this was pointed out to me. I was just looking for an excuse to post this dumb picture I found lol.

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
You think her moveset can be based around a bag of bells? Like her neutrals are a couple swings, her smash attacks could be her hard swingIng her bags, and her specials is throwing bells, kind of like Mr. Game and Watch's chef move?

Idk. Got me thinking.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
You think her moveset can be based around a bag of bells? Like her neutrals are a couple swings, her smash attacks could be her hard swingIng her bags, and her specials is throwing bells, kind of like Mr. Game and Watch's chef move?

Idk. Got me thinking.
I don’t know about making her based totally around bells since I feel that would better fit Tom Nook, but I’d like to see bells incorporated into her move set in someway.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Isabelle is my most wanted fighter, I support! I think she's very likely given the circumstances as of now. I'd have to guess she'll end up being an Echo Fighter, which is just fine in my opinion. Though I'd have nothing at all against her inclusion as a unique fighter.​

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What if her alts are other Animal Villagers like Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings? Who would you want to get in?
I honestly think she'll have her various outfits from the series (most likely spring, fall, summer festival, winter, and casual wear with glasses) and that her only ALT will be Digsby because, well, they are supposed to be twins.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I honestly think she'll have her various outfits from the series (most likely spring, fall, summer festival, winter, and casual wear with glasses) and that her only ALT will be Digsby because, well, they are supposed to be twins.
Digsby would be a welcome suprise, but my gut instinct tells me that we're only getting alts of Isabelle's outfits.

I could be wrong though. I was genuinely surprised Sakurai took the time to make different models for all seven Koopalings.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Didn’t see it posted yet so

For those who still doubt Isabelle I am absolutely clueless to why

Now she’s crossing over into monster hunter and monster hunter crossed into smash bros so...

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't quite know or remember too much about what Isabelle could do for a moveset, but I do think it'd be cool if she could be her own character. The most likely is that she's an echo though.. which wouldn't be bad, but I'd hope they change some of her moves. I do feel like it'd be kind of a waste if she played exactly like villager. Would she even use a slingshot? I wonder if they can change it so it'd be something more her style, or something.

I'm looking forward to seeing her in smash either way :)

Last edited:

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Didn’t see it posted yet so

For those who still doubt Isabelle I am absolutely clueless to why

Now she’s crossing over into monster hunter and monster hunter crossed into smash bros so...
I knew someone was going to quote this at some point. Just WAILING on bosses with her tiny clipboard. Lol.

I don't quite know or remember too much about what Isabelle could do for a moveset, but I do think it'd be cool if she could be her own character. The most likely is that she's an echo though.. which wouldn't be bad, but I'd hope they change some of her moves. I do feel like it'd be kind of a waste if she played exactly like villager. Would she even use a slingshot? I wonder if they can change it so it'd be something more her style, or something.

I'm looking forward to seeing her in smash either way :)
In my honesty, I see her as an Echo, but they change so much about her that she has no choice but to become Unique. Like a slingshot doesn't fit Isabelle, an Axe doesn't fit Isabelle, using Punching Gloves doesn't fit Isabelle. I don't think the Recovery fits Isabelle. Even the "Store Item" move that Villager has doesn't fit Isabelle (At least I think so).

Like she has NO choice but to be Unique.

EDIT: Spellings hard.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I knew someone was going to quote this at some point. Just WAILING on bosses with her tiny clipboard. Lol.

In my honesty, I see her as an Echo, but they change so much about her that she has no choice but to become Unique. Like a slingshot doesn't fit Isabelle, an Axe doesn't fit Isabelle, using Punching Gloves doesn't fit Isabelle. I don't think the Recovery fits Isabelle. Even the "Store Item" move that Villager has doesn't fit Isabelle (At least I think so).

Like she has NO choice but to be Unique.

EDIT: Spellings hard.
I could see a few things, including the balloons, it could be cute. But I do think there'd be something else for most of the b moves, and some different objects and animations for the a attacks. It's hard to tell what it'd be, but I'm sure someone more familiar with her appearances could figure something out.

StormC

Smash Hero

Not like Daisy uses turnips or summons Toads either.

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
Get a load of that dog!!!

I'm hoping for a unique Isabelle for a few reasons--firstly because I think she deserves it and I'm always here for more movesets. Also, AC has tons of moveset potential still unutilized (not necessarily Isabelle-specific, but I remember when everyone and their mother thought the fishing rod was the likely recovery move for an AC character). Oh, and someone brought up that she could have other villagers as alts!

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Relax Alax thinks that she's gonna be a unique fighter, which I think makes more sense for her

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Check my post history. I’ve listed all new characters and stages to my knowledge
Not believable.
If you believe them to be the case, then make it clearer that it's your opinion please. (whether you mention it's based on some papers you saw or whatever)

I don't have an issue with isabelle being an echo, but what would differ from villager? If there's no details to go over too, then it's just a useless list that anyone could've written. Nothing much to do witht hat.

Last edited:

beano199

Banned via Warnings
That’s true, but I’m not on a team that works with them. I’ve only seen that information through confidential paperwork. Attempting to get photographic evidence would likely get me fired. I just want to spread the news

D

Deleted member

That’s true, but I’m not on a team that works with them. I’ve only seen that information through confidential paperwork. Attempting to get photographic evidence would likely get me fired. I just want to spread the news
Oh boi, what's on the menu for leaks today?
Promises that "he works at Nintendo"? Man, I sure believe it!

Anyway the new image leaks are p interesting. Dunno if I'm fully on board with believing them, but I can at least attest to admiring the effort put into the renders.

Perhaps aside from Isabelle. She looks kinda dopey. lmao

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Your biggest mistake was implying the team is planning DLC out this early in the Isaac thread.

At least be a believable fraud.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So I am curious, for anyone that played New Leaf, I would like to know your personal connection to Isabelle.

What made you like the character in the first place? How did she make the New Leaf gameplay experience better for you? I have not personally played New Leaf, only having played City Folk, but I am wondering how the character clicked with you guys. I wanna know the root of her immense popularity.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So I am curious, for anyone that played New Leaf, I would like to know your personal connection to Isabelle.

What made you like the character in the first place? How did she make the New Leaf gameplay experience better for you? I have not personally played New Leaf, only having played City Folk, but I am wondering how the character clicked with you guys. I wanna know the root of her immense popularity.
It actually took me awhile to warm up to her, because I shared the game, and I wasn't the mayor. I always liked the design she had, but didn't know much of anything about her as a character.

When I made my own file, I found her really sweet, and interesting. Most characters I like in AC have become dulled down from their former glory imo, Tom Nook leaving the business to his kids, and being a well-respected member of the town just loses some of his hustler vibe, KK Slider DJing all the time loses his mysterious musician vibe, Resetti just shows up less often because well we never need to reset anymore real, so with all my favorite characters from the series being dulled down, I was ready for new blood, and Isabelle's sweetness and dedication was refreshing to see.

As for a personal connection, I guess I can kinda relate to the way she reacts with the mayor. She works hard and does so much for you, and asks for little in return, when you give her the sea shell it's a pretty wholesome moment, and it's something I think we can all relate to in some way.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Well, being the mayor of my town, I obviously see Isabelle a lot. She is adorable, sometimes a bit clumsy but always hard working... She is filled with personality. And her design is simple yet really well done.
Also, I love the pun in her french name, Marie (as a city hall is a Mairie in french).

Being in promotional material also help her popularity. The Kyary Pamyu Pamyu commercial, for example. Or even Mario Kart 8!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

I also started playing AC with City Folk, and New Leaf was one of the most anticipated releases of my entire life. Isabelle didn’t make much of an impression when I first started playing, but her little character quirks, like her clumsiness and desire to do her best in spite of that, became really endearing. She really contributed to the newness factor of NL, introducing new mechanics and being a new, important character herself, but more than that she contributed to my overall enjoyment of the game, because I like interacting with her.
She also has the benefit of a great design, and being a dog (which is my favorite animal, so she wins extra bias points).

I want Isabelle in Smash not only because I think AC deserves another character, but also because she’s one of my favorite characters in the series. :)

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

New Leaf was my first AC game. I instantly fell in love with the game since it was a great change of pace from all the other games I played at the time (shooters, platformers, etc.). Isabelle was easily my favorite character since she was always so adorably helpful and enthusiastic in helping me out (I don't remember a time where she was ever angry). Whenever I had a crappy day at school, seeing Isabelle's upbeat personality would always brightened my day.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hello Isabelle supporters, Isabelle is being rerated in the RTC, come show your support.

As a reminder you need at least two sentences of reasoning for Chance and want for scores to be counted.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Hello Isabelle supporters, Isabelle is being rerated in the RTC, come show your support.

As a reminder you need at least two sentences of reasoning for Chance and want for scores to be counted.
Sure thing. I wasn't aware of this rule, is it new?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Question for everyone that isn't really Isabelle related:

The only AC games I've played are New Leaf and Happy Home Designer. That said, would it be worth getting Wild World for $10 on the Wii U VC?

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi

As someone who has been a huge fan of the series since the initial release on GameCube, it was cool to see New Leaf's exclusive features given a physical form. Between each installment, there didn't seem to be a lot of major differences (which isn't a bad thing, since I play the games just for the relaxing nature), but with New Leaf, bringing a brand new character to the forefront made it quite obvious that things were going to be different.

Isabelle is an adorable character who is very pleasant to be around, kind of like a special variation of the typical "Normal" villagers, which tend to be my favorites. The generous exposure that the character gets also makes it easier to like her. She's my favorite character in Mario Kart 8, and I thought her appearance (alongside Resetti) in that Monster Hunter DLC was a pretty funny novelty.

All this being said, I'd love to be added to the supporter list. I don't care if Isabelle is an Echo or not. I'll simply be thrilled to see another Animal Crossing character make the cut.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Question for everyone that isn't really Isabelle related:

The only AC games I've played are New Leaf and Happy Home Designer. That said, would it be worth getting Wild World for $10 on the Wii U VC?
It's more or less the same general game as New Leaf, just stumpier with a few things missing. If you enjoyed New Leaf, you'll probably enjoy Wild World, but you'll notice that the series has gotten better as time went on.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I'll join in the support, along side Dixie Kong Isabelle is one of two characters I would love to see in Smash the most(I don't really have a big outlook on newcomers since I'm mostly satisfied) I wouldn't mind if she had to be an echo of Villager since I use Villager anyway.

Top Bottom