• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Using any tag aside from "Sila" always ends with me getting *****. I actually am open to using other tags based on Inuit mythology, but most of its deities/concepts/spirits/etc. have quite long names that don't have nice abbreviations.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
hey so i'm new to the 714, santa ana to be exact. anyone close by down to play? i'm a decent falco player who just moved back from UCSD (my tag is G&T). nice to meet you guys = )

ComboFest

Smash Lord
hey so i'm new to the 714, santa ana to be exact. anyone close by down to play? i'm a decent falco player who just moved back from UCSD (my tag is G&T). nice to meet you guys = )
Heyyyyyy. Step aside Stab.

In seriousness. Nice to see new people.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Ok Wintergamefest is coming up soon so that means

Carpool!

Driver - Me
-
-
-
-

Does anyone wanna go? I also need a teammate if Jun/Squid doesn't team with me?

it's about 5 bucks per person for gas

Also I'm planning to get housing from UCSD so I'm staying there for 2 days

Also because of someone I'll say it right now:

after the first day of the tournament

please do not ever ever ever ever ever ask me to take you home

I dont care if you pay me like 100 bucks or something, I'm not going to risk my life driving you back from UCSD to Irvine and vice versa

don't even bother to keep asking/nagging me because you came into my car knowing that you're going to stay for 2 days.

Kira-

Smash Champion
sup, when i get back to irvine im down to play

Carpool!

Driver - Me
-
-
-
-

I dont care if you pay me like 100 bucks or something, I'm not going to risk my life driving you back from UCSD to Irvine and vice versa

don't even bother to keep asking/nagging me because you came into my car knowing that you're going to stay for 2 days.
Sign me up. Btw I'm very sorry for making you take me back from Norwalk that one time lol

DJMirror

Smash Master
Sign me up. Btw I'm very sorry for making you take me back from Norwalk that one time lol
I kinda hope that you didn't say that so that way no one knows it's you but nvm

I was just trying to make sure everyone get it the message tho

Sorry if it looks like I'm calling you out

Brian

Smash Journeyman
I realized a while back that I've always played my best in friendlies with three people. They still would **** me up, but for whatever reason I felt like I got my best play when I was against them. It's kinda weird. I figure I probably just wanted to impress them or something, but I wonder if there's more to it than that.
Here they are (in rough order of how good I feel I played):
1) Kira
2) Mr. Adam Madison
3) Phil

sorry just posting random musings

Brian

Smash Journeyman
after some more consideration i think it's a combination of three factors:
1) i felt like their status was obtainable because i remember when they weren't that good.
2) they all seem to believe in my ability to get better, even when i wasn't sure
3) none of them play super technical rushdown styles, which usually is enough to shut my brain down

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I wanna go to the San Diego tournament, but that is the second weekend I am back in AZ...might still go anyways. I'll talk to Shiv. If so...I'm bringing some AZ players to do some work.

On another note, I'm in SoCal until the 28th of December when I go up to Mammoth. And then from the 4th-ish until the 9th-ish. Let's play Melee!

Miharu

Smash Hero
after some more consideration i think it's a combination of three factors:
1) i felt like their status was obtainable because i remember when they weren't that good.
2) they all seem to believe in my ability to get better, even when i wasn't sure
3) none of them play super technical rushdown styles, which usually is enough to shut my brain down
mm i always enjoyed playing against those types of players, simply because i also aspired to be able to achieve that level of technical competency

but players that actually pretty much shut my game down completely due to sheer pressure/speed were like zhu lovage colbol shiz out of all of the smashers i've played

everyone else not so much

Brian

Smash Journeyman
I've never been very technical and I don't have super quick reaction times so someone like yourself can just constantly attack me and I don't really have the competency to slow the match down so I just get overwhelmed.
It's always been my biggest weakness...

ComboFest

Smash Lord

Carpool!

Driver - Me
-
-
-
-

Middle seat. Mad Homo.
Jk. Left Seat. If possible.

I never try that hard against anyone.
lololol jk

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Julian Kao's car to WGF!!!!!!!!!!

Julian is going to WGF and staying both days so if anyone is interested in carpooling with him then

1) hit him up
2) post and I'll hit him up for you

Seats
Driver - Julian
Shotgun - Fly
Back right - ?????
Back Left - ?????
Middle Seat (mmmm :lick:) - ?????

I'm guessing he prefers UCI students since it's closest but I'm pretty sure he'll pick you up wherever in Irvine.

Signia

Smash Lord
I always try my best, all the time because I'm a jerk. I play my best against top players (I actually had good friendly matches against scar, hmw and hungrybox) and I always play terribly against Jason.

Top Bottom