• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

JDM

Smash Champion
The 949 Smash Thread

This thread is for the 949 smashers to discuss smashfests, tournaments, hang-outs, and other various fun activities. We hope to expand the 949 smashers and recruit more players in the 949 area to get into smash competitively. Most of us play Melee but most of us are open to other games as long it is fun. :)

Everybody on this list are active players that attend smashfest and tournaments. If i'm missing any of you please just post on here and ask to be added.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Of course I can! I've spent enough time at your house =/

Dave and Connor said I was honorary 949

:<

Kira-

Smash Champion
if Seng counts then so does LMNZ! thread looks pretty good! I'd be glad to be a panelist =)

also there is going to be a massive skill drop from 1st to 10th lol. but i dont care, hopefully people start to try harder and get mad lol

Edrees where have you been

Kira-

Smash Champion
san diego has always had a ranking, a little region competition couldnt hurt

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Theoretically, there are two things that make it safe.
1. As others have said, it's not "simply" a Power Ranking thread.
2. It's not official.

Anyways, you peeps...who wants to play today until like 4 or 5?

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
should the pr really be top 10? half of 949 is going to be on it

pretty sure there aren't even 20 949 people listen in the first post

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
jason is coming to my place. come over.

661-618-3346

anyone could come.

edit- forgot i had a new address

28504 Arroyo Drive

DJMirror

Smash Master
someone come to rei i dont want to make it 3 people playing on 1 tv it's not legit

MacD

Banned via Administration
should the pr really be top 10? half of 949 is going to be on it

pretty sure there aren't even 20 949 people listen in the first post
well we already know the top 5 so that won't be fun for those lower then that

though me and connor were talking, it's hard to rank those under the top 5

DC money go to a tourny!!!!

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
It doesn't inspire any extra competition to get better if it is just the top 5. Those who would be in the top 5 would basically already be in the SoCal PR.

1. Zhu
2. Kira
3. Connor
4. Psychomidget
5. MacD

Or something roughly like that, I'm not sure. Zhu, Kira, and Connor are already on the SCPR and Cameron was once on them. MacD is...well, MacD.

But, on the other hand, how would you determine the bottom 5 anyways? Would it be simply from tournament brackets? What if someone is dealt an easy bracket while someone else is dealt a hard one. Hypothetically, let's say that Jkun and I are at an equal skill level. But let's say Jkun gets a bracket in which Mango knocked Connor down to loser's bracket first round and Jkun loses to Kira. Jkun is eliminated right away. Let's say, I on the other hand, get a bunch of people around my skill level and make it through 4 rounds, only to get my rear handed to me by the same people Jkun lost to. Tourney results wouldn't help to show much there.

If we were to do any PR at all, I propose a challenge system. Instead of challenging for money (MM), one can challenge for points. This is how it would work:

1. You can only challenge the same person once every month.
2. When you win against someone your skill, you get one point. If you lose, you lose 1/2 a point.
3. You cannot go below 0 in points.
4. If you beat someone of lower skill, you get a fraction of a point. For example, if #1 beats #30, #1 only receives 1/4 of a point or something to that effect.
5. If you beat someone of higher skill, you get more points. (Self-explanatory)
6. Normal tourney rules apply.

Tell me if there would be any quirks that would be wrong with this.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Kira

Kai wants to go to Arcade Infinity but we are not sure if it's tomorrow so if he plans to go (which he always pull a jason on me) are you down to go? bring cam with you

MacD

Banned via Administration
Kira

Kai wants to go to Arcade Infinity but we are not sure if it's tomorrow so if he plans to go (which he always pull a jason on me) are you down to go? bring cam with you
hope you're going early or planning on having some extra people go if that's the case, me and zhu are planning on getting in around 4-4:30

btw cam, i was going to comment then i thought nah, doesn't matter

but i will say, i think the ladder system is dumb, if you can't prove yourself at tournies, then sucks to be you

DJMirror

Smash Master
MacD no offense you stepping in to Arcade Infinity is like Impossible and it something that should never happen, then again it's funny to see MacD try to downsmash with a stick or ps2 control and CC everything and i mean everything

So MM me in Marvel, CVS2, SF4?

Also MM me in Marth ditto

Top Bottom