• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Kira-

Smash Champion
are you going to the arcadian?i dont think i'll be going to irvine before it goes down but if you are going then i'll play you then! ..play defensively too because that gives me a lot of problems :[

ps: i'll play both because i dont really know much about matchups with either one :\
yeah im going to the arcadian tourney, im trying to figure out who to use for it lol so i've been trying luigi, pikachu, doc, etc etc

I will if you come to me, although be warned that I may expect you take some of my secondaries seriously in turn, unless it is impossible to do so, which would be completely understandable.
hmm against you i'll probably have to use better secondaries, but i accept

next time i see you $1 money match your ganondorf vs my fox
best of 3?
deal

let's do 3/5 lol

my john wasn't not trying

it was ganon vs zelda is hard
lol fox vs zelda was harder than ganon, ganon is soo good against low tiers

JDM

Smash Champion
GGs.

I was getting lag on our last match. You never threw me in all of the rounds we played. Mixup your throws when you are low shorting or after a Knee, wait and dash forward throw. Don't PC in the beginning of the match or you will eat a auto correct DP like you did every time.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
GGs.

I was getting lag on our last match. You never threw me in all of the rounds we played. Mixup your throws when you are low shorting or after a Knee, wait and dash forward throw. Don't PC in the beginning of the match or you will eat a auto correct DP like you did every time.
oh youre right i never really did throw.yeah i gotta wait for reversal dps too..i ate one like every time -____-

Signia

Smash Lord
Tekken 4 was pretty bad. It wasn't better than its predecessor Tekken Tag, and, it's tekken, so

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
Crap, sorry Rei. Another AIM window popped up in front of yours, and I was playing SC2. Totally forgot about your window and then you signed off lol.

Not sure how well a low budget computer can do 1080p. That requires research.

TheRealDJMirror

Smash Rookie
anyone wanna smash? i live in northwood, irvine

bring a tv and we'll have two setups! i'll be at uci at noon, maybe i can pick you up

Signia

Smash Lord
if you have a crappy computer, check this out.
can play games from my netbook :o
think a cybercafe, but on your computer (graphics processed somewhere else, video sent back to you, controls/output sent back to servers)

It's a free trial, and you can play any game as a demo, pretty legit. I can see this going places. :p

http://www.onlive.com/service/index
Last I heard it lags like crazy. So much information has to be sent back and forth. You gotta live next to a major server, or something. Imagine getting lag in single player, lol. And lag on top of lag when playing online maybe? But it probably wouldn't be a big deal for 90% of the games on the market now.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Last I heard it lags like crazy. So much information has to be sent back and forth. You gotta live next to a major server, or something. Imagine getting lag in single player, lol. And lag on top of lag when playing online maybe? But it probably wouldn't be a big deal for 90% of the games on the market now.
i've only used the wifi beta, and there's a tiny amount of lag, but not enough to matter in most single-player games.
I'd like to try it out hard-wired, because that's what it was designed for.

And for multiplayer, it's not lag on top of lag. Because everyone is going through the same server, everything's processed at the same place, so it's like a giant LAN, so there's just the normal amount of lag.

OnLive is the first thing of it's kind, so it obviously hasn't been perfected yet. I just see this kind of idea going places in the future. With this technology, you could technically play any game with any graphics on a cellphone, ipod, netbook, and tv.

Either way, I just think it's really cool.

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
i've only used the wifi beta, and there's a tiny amount of lag, but not enough to matter in most single-player games.
I'd like to try it out hard-wired, because that's what it was designed for.

And for multiplayer, it's not lag on top of lag. Because everyone is going through the same server, everything's processed at the same place, so it's like a giant LAN, so there's just the normal amount of lag.

OnLive is the first thing of it's kind, so it obviously hasn't been perfected yet. I just see this kind of idea going places in the future. With this technology, you could technically play any game with any graphics on a cellphone, ipod, netbook, and tv.

Either way, I just think it's really cool.
Yeah I've heard of this service. Definitely a neat idea, but it requires really good internet to really be worth it.

Everything being on the same server does not really mean no lag. It relies more on individual connections, router congestion, and other factors. But you say there's little lag, so I'm very curious now. :)

ComboFest

Smash Lord
Also if anyone is going to the Arcadian tourney, then can i tag along with you? I will pay for Gas money (:
Thanks!

GSUB

Smash Lord
Everything being on the same server does not really mean no lag. It relies more on individual connections, router congestion, and other factors.
Isn't that the case with multiplayer games in the first place...? ;)

But you say there's little lag, so I'm very curious now. :)
Yeah, that was on the wifi beta, using a wireless router! It wasn't enough lag to seriously affect a single-player game (for me anyway!). I'd really like to see how well a wired connection would work!

The first year is free!!! So I don't see any reason as to why you shouldn't give it a look/try! Doesn't require a huge download or anything either. (although it DOES require you to at least put a credit card on account... Just don't buy anything and you won't be charged, lol.

JDM

Smash Champion
I just asked my dad to get me the new Pokemon White version since he is in Tokyo for TGS right now.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Just got home after being gone a week, so good to be back.. Also, I just totally-

oh wait, sorry, I forgot this isn't facebook....... (JDM!!!)

*Signia pops in*
"What's your problem!?"

lol
so does that mean he's getting it for you...? or you just... asked?

Top Bottom