• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
Isn't that the case with multiplayer games in the first place...? ;)
Well, like Ryan was saying earlier... Because so much more data is being transferred to and fro, there will likely be larger network issues. Of course, I don't know what kind of data compression they use.

Oh, and I wouldn't subscribe to them because... I don't need to. And I don't like keeping all my stuff in the cloud anyhow.

Manchu's side B is nuts.

khepri

Smash Lord
I moved back to California in July but haven't gotten to play smash here yet. I work in Irvine M-F so if anyone ever wants to play in the afternoons I'll drive over and play.

Signia

Smash Lord
Just got home after being gone a week, so good to be back.. Also, I just totally-

oh wait, sorry, I forgot this isn't facebook....... (JDM!!!)

*Signia pops in*
"What's your problem!?"

lol
so does that mean he's getting it for you...? or you just... asked?
Hahaha don't you know this is the 949 thread, a random chat thread that belongs in Pac West Social? Looking at the state of this thread now we should really separate this thread into "JDM smashfest thread" and "949 Social thread" since nobody other than JDM announces smashfests in this thread anymore and the rest is unrelated conversations about arcades, the army, starcraft, or pokemon.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Hahaha don't you know this is the 949 thread, a random chat thread that belongs in Pac West Social? Looking at the state of this thread now we should really separate this thread into "JDM smashfest thread" and "949 Social thread" since nobody other than JDM announces smashfests in this thread anymore and the rest is unrelated conversations about arcades, the army, starcraft, or pokemon.
I was joking, I don't actually care if JDM posts that.
Me throwing in the joke with you showed that, and also, me continuing to even ask about the pokemon game at the very end showed that I was cool with it. But I guess it's the internet, and I can't expect you to be a mindreader and see my full intentions..
ooooooops

Kira-

Smash Champion
I moved back to California in July but haven't gotten to play smash here yet. I work in Irvine M-F so if anyone ever wants to play in the afternoons I'll drive over and play.
khepri! let's do this, probably thursday is best, in fact if anyone can host a smashfest thursday that'd be tight

also LOL at the REAL dj mirror, that guy beat my falcon in a set

better than that fake dj mirrors fox loool

and dont even try sheik, you know i'd do better against it

edit - somehow khepri has 949 posts.

MacD

Banned via Administration
a smashfest might do me good if one happens thursday with a bunch of people

though i'd highly doubt it cause people have school johns or something cause they are lame

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
Rename the thread to JDM smashfest thread!

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
otero is where i lived during my last year of uci haha. hope you enjoy it as much as i did =]

khepri, what kind of job do you have at uci?

ShadowScourge

Smash Cadet
Otero in Mesa Court.

Squid, we definitely should play :)
Yooooo, i'm in Crickhollow in Middle Earth. I'm up for smash like... anytime... I miss it hella. lol.
I've got this tiny *** TV with a full setup, but i only have my controller. So if you wanna come here we can smash, or if you got it there i'm down for that too.

khepri

Smash Lord
otero is where i lived during my last year of uci haha. hope you enjoy it as much as i did =]

khepri, what kind of job do you have at uci?
I'm a research coordinator for the chair of neurology. I pretty much organize and help run a bunch of neuroscience studies. If any of you at UCI want to participate as healthy volunteers we have some studies that offer decent money for little work.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I'm a research coordinator for the chair of neurology. I pretty much organize and help run a bunch of neuroscience studies. If any of you at UCI want to participate as healthy volunteers we have some studies that offer decent money for little work.
I am 100% down to volunteer.

Also, I suck at melee even more than I did before but I might feel like playing sometime (:

JDM

Smash Champion
So my dad just got back from Japan.

And i'm like the only person in the US to have a legit copy of White version.

Does anybody want to lend the person who hosts smashfests regularly their DS?

JDM

Smash Champion
I sold my DS and AceKard2 because I didn't play it as much anymore.

But when my dad asked me if I wanted anything from Japan I noticed that the new Pokemon game just came out yesterday so why not get it?

ShadowScourge

Smash Cadet
So if you're around Middle Earth and you wanna smash, text me/call me 650-245-2186 and i'll see if i can. I only have one controller, so you have to bring it if you wanna smash >_>

and uh, so basically this is the breakdown from the image on the first page...
Code:
char        mains/total
-------    --------------
Fox		7/11
Marth		7/7
Jiggs		4/5
Falco		2/6
Sheik		2/6
CF 		2/5
GDork		2/4
Peach		1/3
Luigi		1/2
ICs 		1/1
Ness		1/1
Samus		1/1
Roy		1/1
Mario		0/1
Zelda		0/1
...i play fox and marth. ***.

Signia

Smash Lord
God **** it GSUB you're so unpredictable

I'm a polyphasic sleeper wanna study my brain? It'd be cool to verify that my 20 min naps are really full of REM sleep. It's been exactly one month since I started now. To verify, I am on the "spamayl uberman" sleep schedule, which is 7-8 20-30 min naps for every 24 hours.

Oh and does anybody understand the Starcraft Bnet league/ranking system? I've been rank 1-2 in my gold division for a week now (far and away rank 1 by now) and they still won't bump me up. I beat a diamond player yesterday and some plats and they still won't bump me up to the platinum league.

Edit: I went and won a match and they moved me up. I'm already rank 4 in this platinum division. I'm starting to think that division ranking doesn't matter, and that only the league of players you can beat does. I wish they'd be upfront about how it works :/

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
So if you're around Middle Earth and you wanna smash, text me/call me 650-245-2186 and i'll see if i can. I only have one controller, so you have to bring it if you wanna smash >_>
stab and i are playing right now and heading to yogurtland

call me at 661 618 3346

or stab at 949 266 4076

i have 2 setups

Top Bottom