• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Kira-

Smash Champion
Alright, not sure if everything is compatible so I'm gonna post it up here just in case and then search around myself to make sure. added it to cart and the total came out to be $660.73 after shipping and taxes (subtotal $596.89). $40 rebate also so actual price is ~$620.

Before I actually buy it I'm gonna search around for cheaper prices on the same items just in case and see if I need additional fans (which I don't think I do). Also I don't have Windows 7.. if anyone has it that would be coool... although if it's illegal then I'll just buy it. I do have extra monitors/keyboards/mice so that is really really cool

Here's the list as of this post: (sorry if it's hard to read, I don't know exactly which parts are the most crucial to leave in)

- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3250318AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
- ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
- HIS H485FM512H Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
- ASUS Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DVD-E818A4/BLK/B/GEN
- CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
- AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor ADX620WFGIBOX
- Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
oh i didn't see that your case came with fans

that should be fine

i only have windows xp professional

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Alright, not sure if everything is compatible so I'm gonna post it up here just in case and then search around myself to make sure. added it to cart and the total came out to be $660.73 after shipping and taxes (subtotal $596.89). $40 rebate also so actual price is ~$620.

Before I actually buy it I'm gonna search around for cheaper prices on the same items just in case and see if I need additional fans (which I don't think I do). Also I don't have Windows 7.. if anyone has it that would be coool... although if it's illegal then I'll just buy it. I do have extra monitors/keyboards/mice so that is really really cool

Here's the list as of this post: (sorry if it's hard to read, I don't know exactly which parts are the most crucial to leave in)

- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3250318AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
- ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
- HIS H485FM512H Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
- ASUS Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DVD-E818A4/BLK/B/GEN
- CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM
- AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor ADX620WFGIBOX
- Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
That should run on high no problem... i havent been up to date on video cards at all lately.. how much is yours going for? and how old/new is it?

Jun.

Smash Lord
although it might be a little costly, I suggest you go Intel instead of AMD. There is a reason they are on top of the market right now and support/feedback on them is multiple times that of AMD. An Intel quad core processor doesn't run that expensive either

You should also go with at least 1gb of Video mem. My brother runs 1gb video and it still drops frames on high. I'm guessing if you want to run at least sc2 on a new rig you would want to run it on high+ without dropped frames.

Read up on a few cases also. People usually neglect how much a case effects the entire build. Aspects of the PC such as cooling, loudness, overall ease in setup are all things that can't be redone once you do the build. The Antec P180 is the standard in terms of overall quality by SPCR

http://www.silentpcreview.com/

Also check out deal sites such as bensbargains/slickdeals/passwird and you'll find out that a lot of stuff such as dvd drives, harddrives, and even power supplies can be picked up for dirt cheap.

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
Looks good. You're probably the first person I know who actually tuned their build down enough to make it cost less. Most people can't resist the urge to get a GTX 260 and a **** CPU.

Kira-

Smash Champion
although it might be a little costly, I suggest you go Intel instead of AMD. There is a reason they are on top of the market right now and support/feedback on them is multiple times that of AMD. An Intel quad core processor doesn't run that expensive either

You should also go with at least 1gb of Video mem. My brother runs 1gb video and it still drops frames on high. I'm guessing if you want to run at least sc2 on a new rig you would want to run it on high+ without dropped frames.

Read up on a few cases also. People usually neglect how much a case effects the entire build. Aspects of the PC such as cooling, loudness, overall ease in setup are all things that can't be redone once you do the build. The Antec P180 is the standard in terms of overall quality by SPCR

http://www.silentpcreview.com/

Also check out deal sites such as bensbargains/slickdeals/passwird and you'll find out that a lot of stuff such as dvd drives, harddrives, and even power supplies can be picked up for dirt cheap.
thanks a lot, btw are you sure the frame rate droppage is not from his CPU? I looked around a lot to make sure that everything would run SC2 well and stuff, although I was considering using the 1gb version anyway. Also I'm very used to playing on awful computers that lag in battles even on the lowest settings and always load up the map last and everything (but allows you to get a perfect 2-2-2 split of workers at the start due to lag lol). Not that I would want to play on that but I think I'll be okay.

Looks good. You're probably the first person I know who actually tuned their build down enough to make it cost less. Most people can't resist the urge to get a GTX 260 and a **** CPU.
Haha, it's not hard to resist when you're saving $170 to play the only game you're ever gonna run on it lol

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Well i have been thinking. Should i join the army before i go to college?
i dont know much about the army myself, but apparently the ROTC program is really good (i have friends in it) so you should look into that...? It's a program while you're in college btw (that might be a no brainer but i didnt know that til i went into college -__-)

ComboFest

Smash Lord
i dont know much about the army myself, but apparently the ROTC program is really good (i have friends in it) so you should look into that...? It's a program while you're in college btw (that might be a no brainer but i didnt know that til i went into college -__-)
No like My 2 year mandatory service in korea.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
whoa.

all I can say is...good luck in the korean military.

and join air force ace if you get pro at starcraft if you're also in the air force.

probably gonna want to do that before college though... D:

Jun.

Smash Lord
I think I got my mandatory service waived somehow. I remember my dad telling me he did some paperwork so I won't have to go there.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i know some countries that if the person has dual-citizenship you can get waived

Incronaut

Smash Ace
i know some countries that if the person has dual-citizenship you can get waived
im not sure if you can dual in US and Korea (US is weird like that).. I know my mom had to give up her Korean citizenship...

All my cousins did it before college and recommend doing so like that... but i think either way is fine

Signia

Smash Lord
omg Rob -_- is the korean in question at war? If not there's not much risk of dying...

also you can take jobs other than cannon fodder

Kira-

Smash Champion
That should run on high no problem... i havent been up to date on video cards at all lately.. how much is yours going for? and how old/new is it?
Decided to switch the ATI out as some people were saying it ran hot, now have its NVIDIA counterpart, geforce 9800 GTX+, but it's 512mb, will that matter too much? It's $90 bucks

Kira-

Smash Champion
anyone wanna

play my ganondorf

or roy

one condition: you have to take it seriously lol
caues i dont wanna hear "not trying" johns when u lose

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
also you can take jobs other than cannon fodder
this

anyone wanna

play my ganondorf

or roy

are you going to the arcadian?i dont think i'll be going to irvine before it goes down but if you are going then i'll play you then! ..play defensively too because that gives me a lot of problems :[

ps: i'll play both because i dont really know much about matchups with either one :\

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
anyone wanna

play my ganondorf

or roy

I will if you come to me, although be warned that I may expect you take some of my secondaries seriously in turn, unless it is impossible to do so, which would be completely understandable.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
anyone wanna

play my ganondorf

or roy

next time i see you $1 money match your ganondorf vs my fox
best of 3?

MacD

Banned via Administration
my john wasn't not trying

it was ganon vs zelda is hard

and idk if imply if the word you meant (maybe you meant apply), and if you meant imply, you need to reword your sentence so it fits

DJMirror

Smash Master
my john wasn't not trying

it was ganon vs zelda is hard

and idk if imply if the word you meant (maybe you meant apply), and if you meant imply, you need to reword your sentence so it fits
Yeah I need to reword but I'm not saying that you were johning I mean like when you're playing against MacD or Shu Shu

Sorry my bad.

Top Bottom