• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Jun.

Smash Lord
Hey Thunder Cloud

Can you please teach me how to build a computer and also teach about the specs of the computers as well like I don't know what does a ram do etc.
Go on youtube vids of computer builds with a high number of views and just copy it if its in your budget and you like it lol.

JDM

Smash Champion
I have no classes on Friday so i'll host a gathering.

I picked up Bison as my official secondary so I can teach you better in person Charles.

What's a Gspot? ~ Stab

What's a MMA fighter? ~ Combofest

What's a RAM? ~DJMirror

DJMirror

Smash Master
'what does a ram do'

nah, nobody's that dumb!
I really don't know what it do.

I just know it's one of the parts in a computer.

Like if you ask me some computer stuff, my mind will go blank. So I decided that I should learn so I'm not stupid.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
I really don't know what it do.

I just know it's one of the parts in a computer.

Like if you ask me some computer stuff, my mind will go blank. So I decided that I should learn so I'm not stupid.
He who ask a question is a fool for five minutes, he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

/ancient Chinese proverb

DJMirror

Smash Master
Go on youtube vids of computer builds with a high number of views and just copy it if its in your budget and you like it lol.
Well That answer my first question.

I just need to know how to "read" the specs

LOL Did you serious made that up JR or no?

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Well That answer my first question.

I just need to know how to "read" the specs

LOL Did you serious made that up JR or no?
lol he didnt make that up, i've heard it before, although i wasnt aware of its chinese roots :p

RAM is random access memory -> it basically helps recall stored memory, so the more ram you have, the more programs you can load at the same time / the faster you can load multiple stored memory... at least thats how i learned it as... but im no computer expert

DJMirror

Smash Master
lol he didnt make that up, i've heard it before, although i wasnt aware of its chinese roots :p

RAM is random access memory -> it basically helps recall stored memory, so the more ram you have, the more programs you can load at the same time / the faster you can load multiple stored memory... at least thats how i learned it as... but im no computer expert
<3 Chris.

There's more I wanna ask but I guess I'll ask slowly overtime.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
just get it over with and ask everything you want now

unless it's some step procedure that you don't know what exactly you are going to ask

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if you really want me to explain what RAM does. Incronaut's explanation should be enough lol.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_To_Build_A_Computer

This is what I used when I learned how to do it. Most important thing is to make sure everything fits your motherboard (CPU socket, expansion slots, RAM type, form factor, whatever else).

And, god****, everyone's building computers lately. I was just helping my friend pick out parts yesterday lol.

Jun.

Smash Lord
mobo holds your ****

cpu makes your **** faster

ram makes more **** possible

hd makes your **** bigger

gpu makes your **** look better

psu powers your ****

now just make sure all that **** is compatible with your mobo

DJMirror

Smash Master
And, god****, everyone's building computers lately. I was just helping my friend pick out parts yesterday lol.
My reason for a new computer is because of:

StarCraft 2

*thumbs up*

So I don't have to use Cameron's computer all the time. It's hard to practice your builds when you don't have your own computer/game.

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
My reason for a new computer is because of:

StarCraft 2

*thumbs up*

So I don't have to use Cameron's computer all the time. It's hard to practice your builds when you don't have your own computer/game.
Haha, that's partly my friend's reason too. His laptop keeps crashing on SC2, and he figured he'd might as well get a new rig since it's been a few years.

Jun.

Smash Lord
just a note so you guys know what SC2 demands.

my laptop runs SC2 at a full speed medium setting and my specs are

2.53 ghz centrino 2
4gb DDR3 RAM
256mb Radeon 3400
7200 rpm hd (this shouldn't matter too much)

I'm sure if I had 512mb or 1gb video memory then I'd be runing at High or even Ultra. Graphics is always my laptop's bottleneck =[

DJMirror

Smash Master
just a note so you guys know what SC2 demands.

my laptop runs SC2 at a full speed medium setting and my specs are

2.53 ghz centrino 2
4gb DDR3 RAM
256mb Radeon 3400
7200 rpm hd (this shouldn't matter too much)

I'm sure if I had 512mb or 1gb video memory then I'd be runing at High or even Ultra. Graphics is always my laptop's bottleneck =[
I don't know what is all this stuff.

This is the reason why I wanna know =/

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
Jun's ****:

Processor/CPU:
Type/Brand: centrino 2
Speed: 2.53 Gigahertz

Main Memory/RAM:
Type: DDR3
Amount: 4 Gigabytes

Video Card/GPU:
Model: Radeon 3400
VRAM: 256 Megabytes (Video cards have their own personal RAM)

Hard Drive/HDD:
Spindle speed: 7200 revolutions/minute

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
jason, RAM is like, how much **** your computer can do at once

WoW is a really ram heavy game (theres a lot of **** going on)

old computers used to run 1 gig
xp could support up to 2
when i built my tower like 3 years ago 4 gigs was where it was at, though i hear you can go higher nowadays
~but gigabytes (GB) is the unit of measurement, and afaik it comes in measurements of 2's now

Incronaut

Smash Ace
hey stab, i was wondering... a while ago you told me to fast fall before i do my aerial when i SHFFL... ive been trying to do that, but i cant seem to get an aerial out at all.. except at the very last second before any hitbox or whatever even comes out... what should i do? should i be fast falling literally RIGHT before my aerial cause ive been trying that.. oorrrrr am i missing something? i asked the falco boards but i didnt get much of a response...

i end up just waiting to do my aerial later...

ALSO... ive really been wanting to get SC2 / a new computer for SC2... that game has millions building a new computer

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
hey stab, i was wondering... a while ago you told me to fast fall before i do my aerial when i SHFFL... ive been trying to do that, but i cant seem to get an aerial out at all.. except at the very last second before any hitbox or whatever even comes out... what should i do? should i be fast falling literally RIGHT before my aerial cause ive been trying that.. oorrrrr am i missing something? i asked the falco boards but i didnt get much of a response...

i end up just waiting to do my aerial later...
i know what youre talking about.its a weird timing..you dont fast fall before you actually press the A button or C stick its kind of the same time or maybe you do and fast fall before but when you press whatever you use for your aerial its gotta be really really quick after

1: JDM
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:

Friday gathering at around 2~3.
pick me!

JDM

Smash Champion
Yeah he is pretty OP.

Bison just covers most of my bad matchups with Akuma and he is ******/easy to use.

GSUB

Smash Lord
I was merely playfully mocking matthew's post.

But to answer, I guess I just have to be more wary of my spacing and how giant that backair is, and super-abuse it, ahhaha. and empty-lands to grab against stupid falco (and others.)

GSUB

Smash Lord
tryin to get stab not to camp so you'll win, loool. what it seems like at least! Hah!
it'll come back and bite ya, cause he'll learn to play aggressive if he tries, then he'll beat ya even harder, ahahha.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Don't feel like you have to. Camp in the way PP/Zhu do (which is not straight up camping but more like spacing and waiting for the right time to attack, which doesn't come around very often so it looks like camping)

don't go aggro like shiz or lambchops, that's much riskier and flashier and overall not as good, it just looks good cuz shiz and chops are amazing

Top Bottom