• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 4 Stocked/Amazing Matches Thread (12/17/12 new: mayhem JV 5 stocks RT)

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I don't think I've ever seen any other Yoshi do that.

Yoshi's such a crazy character. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvYeR6sJ6Q
there's two in the first 30 seconds :)

I think every good Yoshi is capable of doing so, since it's rather easy to learn (hell, i can do it, and I'm bad at tech skill, and Yoshi isn't even a secondary of mine :D), but it's really helpful, since it's the fastest way to grab the ledge for Yoshi (:

Some Yoshis just add an egg throw for added flashyness / if they need a projectile to cover some high recovery option / whatever.

edit: and here we are talking about Yoshi, and I still didn't say it:

Your yoshi is sooooo cool, Leffen! Ditch the fox! Just kidding, your spacies are real eye candy as well :)

Paju

Smash Journeyman

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
We actually had lead before leffen came in lol. Sucks that 4 of the top 10 from Finland (including the whole top 3) couldn't come. :urg:

And

Goddamn Armada is too good. I'm so ashamed to watch my own set with Pepito after seeing that set. :embarrass:
fair enough then, what players were in each?

leffen

Smash Champion
i don't remember, I won brawl and then just joined lol.

We had armada left after android anyways ;)

and oh, is nipi/peki/samo still top 3 lol...

I honestly get the impression that at least mayhem is way better

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Finland: saska-Mayhem-bËst-Paju-RTpmwe-Über-MasterTK-udikku-Salevits-VilNess

Sweden: IVP-Hara-Pepito-Lootic-Zoler-Mazor-Leffen-Android-(AJP)-(Armada)

In that particular order.

:phone:

Cero

Smash Lord
then you have prolly never seen any vids with yoshi xD
I've watched VectorMan and Fumi vids before. I just never noticed them doing that cool edgehog trick for some reason. :dizzy:

Finland: saska-Mayhem-bËst-Paju-RTpmwe-Über-MasterTK-udikku-Salevits-VilNess

Sweden: IVP-Hara-Pepito-Lootic-Zoler-Mazor-Leffen-Android-(AJP)-(Armada)

In that particular order.

:phone:
Which player did Leffen take out first? I need the correct match-ups so I can put it up on the thread.

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Which player did Leffen take out first? I need the correct match-ups so I can put it up on the thread.
First 1 stock from Über, then MasterTK, then udikku, then Salevits and finally lost to VilNess.

I will add the player names in the video today when I have time for that.

Pi

Smash Hero
i think any match that armada loses should also be featured in it's own section since they're more rare than 4stocks, probably even more rare than armada's 4stocks alone

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
Is there a thread for matches that are just considered awesome? Not awesome combos, comebacks, or fourstocks; just great matches that were cutthroat, hype, unexpected results, or just great gameplay on both sides, relative to the year they were played?

Maybe that's a little too subjective?

Cero

Smash Lord
Just make sure to watch the rest of the set.
3 stock comeback in the second match.

And Sherigami actually ends up winning the set... Crazy.

Is there a thread for matches that are just considered awesome? Not awesome combos, comebacks, or fourstocks; just great matches that were cutthroat, hype, unexpected results, or just great gameplay on both sides, relative to the year they were played?

Maybe that's a little too subjective?
Yep. It would be impossible to not be subjective.

You can't really quantify the "awesomeness" of a match.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I've noticed a trend of Armada wrecking Sheiks on FD. To me, it's kind of like the new M2K Marth vs Fox on FD.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Next time i'll do better... Won't happen again! :(
Can't believe I did WORSE than in that set that ørn linked to (I took a stock in one of the matches, it wasn't recorded)... Guess armada is improving faster or at least as fast as me, lol. In my defense he lives in a more active and varied smash environment /johns :p

Pi

Smash Hero
Next time i'll do better... Won't happen again! :(
Can't believe I did WORSE than in that set that ørn linked to (I took a stock in one of the matches, it wasn't recorded)... Guess armada is improving faster or at least as fast as me, lol. In my defense he lives in a more active and varied smash environment /johns :p
gotta have no fear, don't give him time to be armada

Top Bottom