• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 4 Stocked/Amazing Matches Thread (12/17/12 new: mayhem JV 5 stocks RT)

Linguini

Smash Master
Lol. I went to Winterfest in Orlando like some 2 odd years ago. Hella long drive too.

Too many priorities outside of Smash. Not enough incentive to go to smashfests. I like playing with my local friends on my spare time. :)
lol you should consider yourself lucky, you live like 10 minutes away from zp. you should come through, our recent tournaments there have been getting pretty big.

Cero

Smash Lord
lol you should consider yourself lucky, you live like 10 minutes away from zp. you should come through, our recent tournaments there have been getting pretty big.
I might take you up on that offer. Although, I might have to play a bunch of warm-up matches just to get my Melee tech skill back. (Been playing too much Project M demo.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3MSqDoY0oM

As you can see, he was. Too bad he didn't succeed in 4-stocking Tekk back.
Omg. I would have died if he made that comeback. :laugh:

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
why is europe so bad at getting up thrown by puff?!

i cant believe poilon just got uthrow rested starting at 70%

then i saw tekk uthrow chain grab someone 3 damn times hardly DI'ng it at all, that **** isnt suppose to work lol

Tekk

Smash Lord
I think Poilon DI'd them pretty well, only got to upthrow rest him once or twice during the whole set.
As for Samplay, I don't think this is a match to take seriously (warmup freeplay etc).

But yeah Europe doesn't really know Puff well yet.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
im amazed that it's taken 10 years for puff/falcon players to actually start showing up in EU

not any disrespect it just seems like you guys had no motivation for those characters

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Omg. Leffen's Yoshi is amazing.

How the hell does he do that DJC edgehog thing?
The ledge grab via DJC? It's pretty simple actually. Run off, double jump while holding slightly towards the stage. :D
Yoshi can turn around with his double jump (like others can with their up b), and he does a downward motion during the first few frames of it (that property is shared with other characters able to djc), so he is facing the right way and does a downward motion => ledge grab.

Cero

Smash Lord
The ledge grab via DJC? It's pretty simple actually. Run off, double jump while holding slightly towards the stage. :D
Yoshi can turn around with his double jump (like others can with their up b), and he does a downward motion during the first few frames of it (that property is shared with other characters able to djc), so he is facing the right way and does a downward motion => ledge grab.
I don't think I've ever seen any other Yoshi do that.

Yoshi's such a crazy character. :)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
lol finland

that was sad to watch

and yeah that DJC ledgegrab is incredibly common for anyone who actually uses yoshi. my friend with not great techskill at all does it regularly.

Top Bottom