• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hyuga: Let me just say that Xenogears was friggin amazing. Best RPG ever created hands down.

I was 12 when I first played it. It blew me away.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
No. Play Xenogears and you will see the truth. Although Chrono Trigger gets the title of second best.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Sry sir, Chrono Trigger is the RPG of all RPGs. The impact it left on the gaming community says all :p

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Impact usually is a result of hype and marketing not just good games alone. FF7 is talked about alot but there are at least a handful of games that are on that level or better.

Xenogears was more underground and downplayed because of FF7 and then FF8 which came out the same year I believe.

Have you guys even played the game?

Edit: Can you guess who composed the music for Chrono Trigger? Same guy that did the music for Xenogears.

Yasunori Mitsuda.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I don't really get what's so special about CT. I love the game, and own the game, and it was really the first game that got me into games hardcore, but shrug.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Eh, time travel. Views on true friendship, that the lines between good and evil can be blurred, the world is in shades of gray not black and white, solid story, great battle system. Being able to see the effects of your actions throughout the ages.

But RPG's are pretty much about story. And Xenogears story is just on another level especially in terms of character development. Chrono Trigger doesn't really break any barriers or conventions. Xenogears did plenty of that. It almost wasn't released in America because of how it portrays religion and philosophy.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Without Chrono Trigger's unique battle system which carried onto other Square games, Xenogears wouldn't of been as good as it was. And yes, I've played it lol You also have to consider the fact there was no RPG as grand as Chrono Trigger at the time it came out. When Xenogears did, there were was already FF7. It's almost like comparing Ocarina of Time to Twilight Princess. Xenogears was far for underground (at least in imo, all my friends new about it). It was labeled as one of the top 15 PS games and recieved great reviews. Btw, t came out in 98 (FF7 was 97 and FF8 was 99).

*on topic*

Pichu and Mew2>Kirby, I don't see why Kirby is above them. Kirby is most def the worst of the worst, sure, the tier list considers how well players have placed, but there's like, 2 Kirby players lol

edit:

Post number 4,444! woot!!!

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Eh, it still didn't recieve as much as hype as it's FF cousins. I will say that Xenogears was the greatest of it's era.

On Topic: This thread can actually be closed now.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Anymore talk of anything not directly relating to the discussion of Melee Tier lists will be hit with a 2 point spam warning. Want to talk about FF or some other game series? Make a topic in the Lighthouse.

BUR5T

Smash Cadet
The Official 2006-2007 Noob Teir List

The Official 2006-2007 Noob Teir List

Uber:
Sheik
Fox

Top:
Falco
Marth
Captain Falcon
Samus
Roy

High:
Ganon
Peach
Dr. Mario
Mario
Link
Luigi

Middle:
Ice Climbers
Jigglypuff
Pikachu
Young link
Ness
Game & Watch

Low:
Donkey Kong
Zelda
Yoshi
Kirby
Mewtwo

Bottom:
Bowser
Pichu

mario-man

Smash Lord
Brainfart there guys. Mario is better than Doc. Not waaay better, just better. Sorry bout that.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
tier list

use:
fox
marth
sheik
falco

semi-useable
peach
falcon
ICs

don't really use
samus
ganon

never use
everyone else

Cort

Apple Head
Please just stop posting. No one cares what you think about your cute little favorite plumber without you giving absolutely ANY reason (not like there is one) for thinking so.

It's okay mario-man. Brainfarts happen to everyone.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Well, I say!! I am QUITE put out!!! (British Accent)

Oh, BTW, there are PLENTY of people who care what I think about my "cute little favorite plumber". Obviously however, you are not one of them. Honestly though, I don't really care.

Cort

Apple Head
And I'm sure no one else does either.

I'm sure there are many respected Mario mains that place well at tournaments that also believe he is better than Doc. Skill is what determines how good you are with a character. :) Any Mario player will eventually beat Mew2King in a set. :) :)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No not many people care because

1. You have no competitive experience
2. The people who tell you, that your biased and ******** opinons are wrong HAVE tournament experience IE. Cort, Brookman, Et
3. You are completely and totally wrong.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
And I'm sure no one else does either.

I'm sure there are many respected Mario mains that place well at tournaments that also believe he is better than Doc. Skill is what determines how good you are with a character. :) Any Mario player will eventually beat Mew2King in a set. :) :)

i highly doubt that, i mean, if you can't compete with m2k, the best strategy against him is to stand still, he'll never see it coming

Cort

Apple Head
Lunin stood still for a good while in crew battles at OC3 and m2k dash attacked right through him and completely missed. The crowd went wild.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Why is this even arguable? The tier list is made of characters that place highest in tournies. This is not the be all end all list of who dominates who (since that is determined by the actual character matchup).
It just shows what people are using and which is most common for placing high in tournies (the more people who use Fox the higher it goes, etc).

In fact, I have a list that simplifies things (characters in no particular order).

Winnable characters: Fox, Falco, Shiek, and Marth.

Winnable though highly doubtful: CF, Peach, ICs, and Samus

Crap: Everything else.

Stop looking at this tier list and start paying more attention to each individual character matchups of the character of your choosing.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Using mario-man's logic, I went ahead and made the new tier list.

(these were all chosen at random from a hat that I placed the 26 characters names in).

Roy(lol)
Pika
Yoshi
Kirby(lololololol)

HIGH

IC
Link
Ness
Fox
C Fal
Luigi

MID

Zelda
Falco
Bowser
Game and Watch
Samus
Gannondorf

LOW

Mew2
Shiek(LOLOLOL)
Jiggs
Y. Link
Marth
Pichu
Doc

BOTTOM

Mario
DK
Peach

They are all order within tiers.

If a character is above a character by just 1 spot, then that character(the higher tiered) will win against everyone under him, 100% of the time.

The exception is low tier, due to all the characters in that tier having basically the same move sets.

Being that Roy wins more tournies than twice that of Pika, we thought about having a seperate tier for him. But at the last big tourney, Mew2king ***** PC's Roy with Kirby, so we decided to kepp Roy where he is in the same tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom