• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

K20AFoozbal

Smash Apprentice
w/e dude, he still shouldn't be like that simply because he doesn't know me. that **** isn't right. i've been judged and ridiculed for ****, when people don't know the first thing about me, and i'm sick of it man... just gimme a break and i'll see y'all at some tourney someday....

so yea. just cool with the whole "ur noob. u dont know anything" routine. treat me like i'm one of you. is that too much to expect?

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
No it's not. NJ is a ****, but to be fair, he has a point, and the whole "you're a noob, stfu" attitude is usually very correct.

Most of people read the boards for a little while, register, and post over and over again starting "x counters x" arguments that they aren't prepared to defend and back up. The tournament game is a whole different game, and just because you know all the facts and can do all the advanced techniques (and probably do them well), that does NOT make you good. I know the stuff and HOW to do all or most of it, and I'm probably better than most of the people on this board, but I still don't consider myself good because I'm not winning tournies.

To be honest, I think trying to truly rank characters specifically on a tier list is stupid. Everybody has an idea which characters are good (Fox, Sheik, Marth, Peach...) and which ones are terrible (Bowser, DK, etc...), but after that, everyone is NEVER going to agree. That's why this tier list thread is 40 pages already.

Give it up. You do deserve respect, but you need to give it first. Humble yourself a little bit and make a name for yourself by winning.

/sermon

REØ

Smash Lord
K20AFoozbal first of all mewtwo is at the bottom of the tier list not pichu, get your ****ing facts straight, second you've never been to a tourney you must suckass literally, get some tourney expierence before you talk ****, and my pichu would **** your non-tourney expierenced ***.

K20AFoozbal

Smash Apprentice
K20AFoozbal first of all mewtwo is at the bottom of the tier list not pichu, get your ****ing facts straight, second you've never been to a tourney you must suckass literally, get some tourney expierence before you talk ****, and my pichu would **** your non-tourney expierenced ***.
well excuuuuuuuuuse me, the second to very bottom, but it's still all the way down there for a ****ing reason and still doesn't make it worth while to play in a tourney, or anything for that matter, with. even if you could beat my "noob ***" with pichu then you can't even say anything about it until it actually happens. i'm not saying i'd definately beat you. i'm saying i'd be forever ashamed of myself if i lost, but don't assume i suck. never assume, learn that lesson now. maybe we'll meet up at a tourney one day and then we'll see where it goes from there.

and as for the whole humility and respect bit goes, i've probably played this game longer and more than most of you have and to give respect i must recieve it first.

i've gotten none from anyone except from nightmare, mrobinson and perhaps you (blackstar) so i have a hard time giving it to those who throw the first punch. i'm not one to back down, i won't try and start something but i will defend myself. and i do believe i've made my points through out this blog that a lot of other people back me up on (i.e. falco is proving to be better than fox, that peach and marth make for a great match)

i'm posting, showing what i know and learning at the same time. gimme a break, show me some respect and i'll have no reason to disrespect anyone else. i'll be at chudat's bi-weekly tomorrow and we'll see how i do. if you're there and you fight me... then you can talk ****. if you're not... don't even waste your breath. :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

***** you're fron NYC and I ain't heard of you lol that tells me the only thing you've maybe ***** is a meatball sandwich. Chill.

marth still ***** peach. sorry.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
Listen to Umbreon.

Foozball, I'm not gonna be there, but there's a midwest tourney being thrown in november. Click the link in my sig for details. There will be talent there, and if you can make a road trip out of it, you're MORE than welcome to come show your skills.

REØ

Smash Lord
ok well i haven't been to any gauntlets because i need money, but i played against some pros and people who go to gauntlets

Samochan

Smash Master
and as for the whole humility and respect bit goes, i've probably played this game longer and more than most of you have and to give respect i must recieve it first.
I've played smash since the original ssb64, then I got around playing the demo at summer 2001 every day from 12 am till 9 pm till it was released. And I got into advanced stuff last year... so yeah, playing the game longer than maybe some others have doesn't mean one is good at it. :|

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
who the **** are you to tell me that ****? gtfo dude. don't say **** like that with no sense of how good i may or may not be. i've never been to a tourney but i don't talk like i'm master over new kids to the forum. you don't know me, therefore don't assume... so it should be smart of you to just keep that **** to yourself. so comeback when you've played me and you can really tell me what my skill level is. kthx
I really don't give crap about anyting you say, sorry :ohwell: you never been to a tourney/played anyone good (which is what matters)...hop to it buddy.
If you're going to reply that seriously to an internet comment like an arrogant child, at least make something worth reading next time.

Aiser

Smash Lord
MD isn't even that big either, I could understand cali cause cali is ****ing huge. but its ****ing MD WTF?! D:

K20AFoozbal

Smash Apprentice
Listen to Umbreon.

Foozball, I'm not gonna be there, but there's a midwest tourney being thrown in november. Click the link in my sig for details. There will be talent there, and if you can make a road trip out of it, you're MORE than welcome to come show your skills.
well thanks blackstar, i will most definately be there. i'll do my best to bring as many people from maryland out that way too but i will be there to play at least.

and thanks umbreon, i know you're not really taking sides but saying something like that helps. thanks.

well marth05, i'm not trying to bash you or anything like that but it's not cool to be cut down like that is it? maybe we'll play when we both make names for ourselves. until then... no calling eachother out? sorry for being stupid. all good?

and aiser, i just got into this pro-scene like this about 2 months ago, gimme a break. i wouldn't have been good enough then to even compete... so now i am. and now i'm going to tourneys. :)

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
well thanks blackstar, i will most definately be there. i'll do my best to bring as many people from maryland out that way too but i will be there to play at least.

and thanks umbreon, i know you're not really taking sides but saying something like that helps. thanks.

well marth05, i'm not trying to bash you or anything like that but it's not cool to be cut down like that is it? maybe we'll play when we both make names for ourselves. until then... no calling eachother out? sorry for being stupid. all good?

and aiser, i just got into this pro-scene like this about 2 months ago, gimme a break. i wouldn't have been good enough then to even compete... so now i am. and now i'm going to tourneys. :)
And they lived happily ever after.

The End.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That question doesn't make any sense. Ken goes to just about every large tournament ever, and has only not taken first five times. The last large tournament he did not attend was FC6, where PC Chris took first place. This being said, its a very unbalanced question because Ken wins most large tournaments, instead you should focus on top 4 or 8 at large (100+) tournaments.

For example, aside from FC6, can you name 5 other large tournaments in the last year that Ken didn't win? Good luck.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
but so what if marth win's most of the big tournaments, where is the next marth that placed, it most likely wasn't in the top 10

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no, his range is crap, probably the main reason why he's competing with mewtwo for the worst of the worst, he's just a small taget to hit, why he's staying ahead of mewtwo

K20AFoozbal

Smash Apprentice
no, his range is crap, probably the main reason why he's competing with mewtwo for the worst of the worst, he's just a small taget to hit, why he's staying ahead of mewtwo

Dude, this past weekend i just watched ChuDat **** some people up with pichu. like... against some ****ing good people too... it was eff-in creepy dude... creeeeeepy...

Seek - ur such a newb. lols jk jk.

and marth and sheik aren't up top because fox and falco are better. i realized that this weekend at the Fairfax bi-weekly. watching ChuDat and m2k play double foxes... that was insane... still.... it seems like chillin has a bit of an edge of m2k... i mean, he was incredible to watch... it's like he was better than m2k sometimes, like chillin is "really great"... but m2k is consistant so he's always "great."... when chililn isn't so hot. but it was so awesome to watch those four (azen was chillin's partner as IC -- **** that was crazy...) fight it out. sick.

nookrulz

Smash Ace
So K20, I notice you're recanting a ton of your statements. First you say Pichu is worthless, and is at the bottom of a tier list for a reason, then you say he whups ***. You also went on about how Falco is the best character in the history of the world, but now you're talking about how Fox owns. How'd you do at the tourney? Did you "prove your skill"? Did you see any evidence that Peach beats Marth? (I know for a fact that a lot of Ryoko's bracket was ICs and Peach).

Edit: I never do too well at those tourneys myself. I'd be curious to know who of the NoVA you played and how you did against them, so I can sorta compare myself to you.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
someone said that pichu should be higher, and i explained why, and the fact that chudat messed up people in a tournament with pichu does not change his placement at all, remember it's only one person, and stated why he's competing for the bottom of the list with mewto

nookrulz

Smash Ace
someone said that pichu should be higher, and i explained why, and the fact that chudat messed up people in a tournament with pichu does not change his placement at all, remember it's only one person, and stated why he's competing for the bottom of the list with mewto
I agree with you. I just want K20A to admit that he was misinformed beforehand, saying that Pichu was a completely worthless character and that he would never lose to a Pichu, or if he did, he'd be ashamed for the rest of his life. This also shows that he just didn't have enough information to make judgements in the firsthand, and I want him to admit that.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Link>Ganon, they should change places IMO.

Link has a better + unpredictable recovery, good priority and air game and projectiles. I'll keep posting about this if people disagree on my comment.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Ganondorf is too good. All of his aerials have great knockback at low %'s. His b-air is wickedly fast and stays out a little less than a regular sex kick but keeps the same knockback and damage. His up-air is the perfect high priority intercept move. His f-air has deceptively long range. And being able to pull two d-airs or simply a d-air into another aerial as Ganondorf sounds very dangerous.

He has one of the best jabs in the game, if not the best.
His down+b is also another deceptive move that can be used when CC'ing (excellent against Fox/Falco dash attack).

I think Ganondorf's extremely long range, large arsenal of kill moves, and decent speed to go with it all places him over Link. He's like a Mini-Marth.

Aiser

Smash Lord
ganon has more favorable match ups then link, partly due to a few aspects. his range is arguable a little better, when it comes to power link is just beat its not even arguable the power difference is just that great, ganon is also heavier so his CC game is better. And finally, His kill moves are more reliable then Links Link has 3 Dair Uair and up-b f-air can kill but it has to be a high percents. ganon has like dair and fair? but if he misses those hes not gonna be punished with alot of lag.

I say ganon is fine above link.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
maybe krazyzyko was talking about ganon vs link? I don't know is that considered a bad match up for ganon? I've always had trouble at least ...

ganon does seem to match up ok with everybody

somebody help me out .is gdorf v link go in links favor? yes?

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
I think Link out ranges Gannondorf because Link has bombs, boomerang, and arrows. Link can easily edgeguard Gannondorf with his Up B or N air. Link has a better recovery than Gannondorf because he can bomb jump, hookshot, and a good Up B. Gannondorf's recovery is also good though because he can get his second jumps back with his Down B, but he can't do too many times without losing too much vertical distance. Link has many KO moves and his Up B is a good combo finisher. Link's KO moves are his F smash and second hit, D air, U air, Up B, and F air.

whiteboard

Smash Cadet
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this! I didn't know about the tier list, so I chose Sheik because she was a ninja. Then I saw a tier list and since sheik was at/near the top, I decided to try put a new character so people wouldn't call me cheap or whatever. I tried out Falco and liked him, so now I play as him. Then I looked at the new tier list and he's AT THE TOP!!!!!!!!:mad: Whenever I choose a character, they turn out to be top tier!!!!!!! I swear if I played as Pichu then the next tier list he'd be at the top!

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe this! I didn't know about the tier list, so I chose Sheik because she was a ninja. Then I saw a tier list and since sheik was at/near the top, I decided to try put a new character so people wouldn't call me cheap or whatever. I tried out Falco and liked him, so now I play as him. Then I looked at the new tier list and he's AT THE TOP!!!!!!!!:mad: Whenever I choose a character, they turn out to be top tier!!!!!!! I swear if I played as Pichu then the next tier list he'd be at the top!
If you choose your character based on the tier list, you're an idiot. Use whoever you like.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
link on ganon...i don't know who has the advantage, i heard link does and i've heard ganon does, i think ganon would because ganon has better everything but grab range and projectiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom