• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcc

Smash Ace
^ If you don't DI and mix up Fast-Falling.
Watch Mike G's or Vidjo's Peach....or play a good Peach :chuckle:
how does uairing someone in a parachute have to do with peaches?

what KO move does link have that young link doesn't? other than up b. or is it cause all of links moves are just stronger so it's like link in a .7 damage ratio match?

Aiser

Smash Lord
how does uairing someone in a parachute have to do with peaches?

what KO move does link have that young link doesn't? other than up b. or is it cause all of links moves are just stronger so it's like link in a .7 damage ratio match?
Links Uair is way way way better then y.Links.

Link foward smash, has more ko potential then y.links. Links first hit actually does something lol.

y.links dair can spike, but other then that its weak compared to links.

and as you already mentioned spin attack.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
i'm talking about recovery after you regain control of the character. would you rather have a parachute to slow you down against someone with a gun or fall at a fast speed (assuming you live after the fall)
I'd rather keep the parachute and hit the guy that has a gun with it, G&W style.

Now that's gangsta.
no you can't cause he would uair you
Lol in case you didn't notice I was joking in that post.

Link-NY

Smash Ace
Young ****ing Link has a beastly muther phuckin k-o move and its called Down smash which is so much better then Links spin attack or D-air =x

Aiser

Smash Lord
Link is under-rated but he's also over-rated by some smashers. *coughhdlcough* <_<

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ Because if there was no tier list there would thousands of flame wars saying which character is better and which isn't this mearly nips most of those arguments in the bud.

Eci4

Smash Ace
I don't see why you people even bother.

All TRUE tier lists are only intra-personal.
Well, thats like me saying I suck with fox, so fox must suck.. then I can go up against any fox and say your character sucks becuase I suck with fox... then they will **** me.. I mean, normally, Ness will not be able to beat a fox, but for the longest time, Ness would have been considered my top tier... so therefore my ness should be better than any other character...

I dunno, are you understanding any of this... the tier list is basically the potential difference... I mean, its not going to be you will be able to play charcters this well... its just that fox is supposed to be the best when fully learned, so he has the most potential as a character

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
I suck at Fox, too, so Fox would be our bottom tier, per se. This does NOT mean to Over/Under-rate anybody who plays Fox, and nor does any "offical" tier list. It just means we aren't good with Fox and possibly similar charactors.

To quote Linkin Park, "In the end, it doesn't even matter."

This message to Eci4

To StripesOrBars, you don't pay attention well :p .

Ironclad

Smash Apprentice
How about you people actually read and get a clue as to what the tier list represents. Go to the first page, skim past the tier list, read the other stuff, like the post by foxandfalco where he quotes AlphaZealot and The King. Then maybe you'll stop making yourself look like an idiot (fat chance).
Rose said:
I hope this topic doesn't get filled with n00b bull**** like how Ness needs to be higher because he has "potential" or how "tiers mean nothing."
Hahahaha.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
Falco is the best character in the game, not Fox.
Very true
To StripesOrBars, you don't pay attention well :p .
:laugh:
How about you people actually read and get a clue as to what the tier list represents. Go to the first page, skim past the tier list, read the other stuff, like the post by foxandfalco where he quotes AlphaZealot and The King. Then maybe you'll stop making yourself look like an idiot (fat chance).
Why thank you sir. I think my post on the first page should be read by all newcomers thinking of posting on this thread.

mcc

Smash Ace
duh :p

simna god 33rd place using only ness in oc2

ken, using mostly marth, has gotten first (or near first i dunno) in all the tournements he went to recently

on the first page, foxandfalco's quotes said that the new tier list is based mostly on tournament results, so i think ness and marth should be higher

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace

ken, using mostly marth, has gotten first (or near first i dunno) in all the tournements he went to recently

on the first page, foxandfalco's quotes said that the new tier list is based mostly on tournament results, so i think ness and marth should be higher
ken is the only marth player that places as high as he does
simna is the only ness player that places as high as he does

stfu

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it has, chu dat, but it's because he inspired other people to use the ICs, but in reality, it will only be affected by one person if other people start seeing what the character can do in the right hands

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman

Uh, false.

Even if the tier list is based mostly on tournament results (which I don't really think it is in the sense that you're talking about), you can't simply look at the MLGs or the really major tournaments because people like Ken and Chu go to them and keep winning them.

You can't make a narrow observation like that and then attempt to apply it to the whole. How many Ken's are there? How many Chu's are there? How many Simna's are there?

Not to mention that Ken keeps a mean Fox in reserve, and actually uses it a lot.

My opinion on the statement that "the tier list is based off tournament results" is that it's not just based on placing, but the people winning the major tournies are generally playing the characters at the heights of their abilities, so you get a sense as to what a character can/can't do, and how they stack up against the other characters in the game.

However, I think arguing over anything more than a general list is STUPID because you will never get people to agree. Instead, you'll end up with 45 pages of "Fox is better than Falco because Pichu counters Fox but only if C. Falcon blah blah blah."

There's a general consensus on which characters are good, which ones are decent, and which ones are terrible. After that, it's pointless to argue anymore unless somebody comes up with something revolutionary for a character (like wavedashing did with Luigi and the Icys).

flaco

The Terminator
Uh, false.

Even if the tier list is based mostly on tournament results (which I don't really think it is in the sense that you're talking about), you can't simply look at the MLGs or the really major tournaments because people like Ken and Chu go to them and keep winning them.

You can't make a narrow observation like that and then attempt to apply it to the whole. How many Ken's are there? How many Chu's are there? How many Simna's are there?

Not to mention that Ken keeps a mean Fox in reserve, and actually uses it a lot.

My opinion on the statement that "the tier list is based off tournament results" is that it's not just based on placing, but the people winning the major tournies are generally playing the characters at the heights of their abilities, so you get a sense as to what a character can/can't do, and how they stack up against the other characters in the game.

However, I think arguing over anything more than a general list is STUPID because you will never get people to agree. Instead, you'll end up with 45 pages of "Fox is better than Falco because Pichu counters Fox but only if C. Falcon blah blah blah."

There's a general consensus on which characters are good, which ones are decent, and which ones are terrible. After that, it's pointless to argue anymore unless somebody comes up with something revolutionary for a character (like wavedashing did with Luigi and the Icys).
My friend I agree with you hands down these guy speaks the true.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm not saying that chu dat alone changed the placement of the ICs, it was him though, who inspired us to use the ICs like he does to make them deadly

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
it has, chu dat, but it's because he inspired other people to use the ICs, but in reality, it will only be affected by one person if other people start seeing what the character can do in the right hands
That's not how mcc meant it mood. Here, you say that Chu Dat (one man) inspired others (multiple people) and helped bring IC up while he means it in the sense that one man "alone" can change a character's placing :psycho:

good post blacky btw

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
if someone DOES find something revolutionary for a bottom tier character, would the tier list change or would it have to wait till next year
I guess you can say that already happened with Bombsoldier's videos and the sudden rise of numerous good Falco players afterwards.
Now Falco is second :)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
uhh, i think so, pc use to go anyone, now he goes only falco, i think he only goes falco...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom