• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiser

Smash Lord
not sure if he was joking but on the hub he said he doesn't even use falco that much anymore. <_<

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
oh i meant would the tier list be changed right away or would it have to wait till 2007

was bombsoldier before pc chris?
It depends. It's highly unlikely that the list would be changed right away because you don't know if it's a fluke or not. For example, if I won OC2 using all/mostly Mewtwo, it would cause a stir, but people wouldn't be rushing to change the list yet because it could be a fluke.

Also, you can't make a judgement like that about a character with such a narrow amount of information. Now, if I won an MLG, placed really high at the next few, was consistent, etc, then you would probably have a list change. But there are a lot of people who vote on the list so nothing would go down right away, no matter how much I started ****** with some random low tier.

Thank you, NJ

Eci4

Smash Ace
How about you people actually read and get a clue as to what the tier list represents. Go to the first page, skim past the tier list, read the other stuff, like the post by foxandfalco where he quotes AlphaZealot and The King. Then maybe you'll stop making yourself look like an idiot (fat chance).
Hahahaha.
wait, when you quoted that were you talking about me? I mean I never once said Ness was great or anything...

seriously the tier list is all about potential... potentially fox is the best character... if you play as fox you have the potential to beat any other character, if you can't it is because you as a player are bad... that would be god tier though... we have counterpicks which makes a list debateable, but it is based on potential...

I mean, a noob Fox isn't as good as a pro fox because the noob doesnt use the potential fox has to be good

Ironclad

Smash Apprentice
No, I wasn't. Actually I saw Yellow Mage's post and kind of went off and got angry because some of my ill-informed and nooby friends argue with me over that "Tier list doesn't matter" crap all the time. Sorry to anyone who was offended by my post or something.

mcc

Smash Ace
wait, when you quoted that were you talking about me? I mean I never once said Ness was great or anything...

seriously the tier list is all about potential... potentially fox is the best character... if you play as fox you have the potential to beat any other character, if you can't it is because you as a player are bad... that would be god tier though... we have counterpicks which makes a list debateable, but it is based on potential...

I mean, a noob Fox isn't as good as a pro fox because the noob doesnt use the potential fox has to be good
but you must take into account that it has to be humanly possible potential

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
No, I wasn't. Actually I saw Yellow Mage's post and kind of went off and got angry because some of my ill-informed and nooby friends argue with me over that "Tier list doesn't matter" crap all the time. Sorry to anyone who was offended by my post or something.
Well, in reality, tiers don't matter. Not once you're in a match, anyway. At that point all that matters is counterpicks and your skill level with the character(s) you'll be using. It might give you an idea of how well you'll do against a random opponent (and even that is false because everyone plays top/high tier characters anyway), but after the first game everything is counterpicks. There are low tier characters who have an advantage against high tiers. If you're good with one of those low tiers, and want to counterpick someone with it, are you putting yourself at a disadvantage because it's a low tier vs. a high tier? NO! The tier list is far from the determination of a game. It might hold some significance, but it is very little, and anyone who takes the numbers characters are assigned to on the tier list literally needs to have their head checked.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
All I know is that 90% of smashers think they have a good falcon but there are only about 10-20 real good ones in the US. :\ I'm completely ignoring the relevant content in this thread.

It just makes me mad >:[

h8 h8 h8 h8 h8 h8

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
anonymous red said:
go read foxandfalco/NJ'zFinest's quote of King & AlphaZealot on page one..they helped make the list so they know what they're talking about in regards to this current tier list so stfu
I wish you would have left your name so I could pm this to you instead of posting here.

Anyway, if you'd actually read my post, you would see that what you left has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I posted. I never said the people who made the current tier list didn't know what they were talking about.

As a matter of fact, foxandfalco/NJ'zFinest agreed and said it was a good post. So....wait for it....wait for it...stfu.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I never said the people who made the current tier list didn't know what they were talking about.
See but thats the thing, they dont know what they're talking about.

The meta game was still going through change months ago when this new list was made.

The tier list is flawed because of this(not to mention its base is centered around tournament placings instead of character matchups).

If the tier list was made now, then Falco and Shiek would be on top, followed by Fox and Marth and Peach.

Or there'd be a 5 man top tier or maybe even 4 man(possibly POSSIBLY excluding Peach).

Having Fox and Falco at the top was ********. Shiek and Marth do just as good, if not better, as space animals in tourneys, and they have the best matchups vs them.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
First things first: *pound* at NJ.

Second, wtf are you talking about Stripes? The list was made by the best smashers playing the game. If they don't know what they're talking about, who does?

The list will NEVER be perfect in everyone's eyes. That's what my initial post is about. Do you know how many people argue about whether Fox or Falco is better? Just because you think that, doesn't mean everyone does.

Who's the last Sheik that you saw win a major tourney?

The list isn't just based Ken's Marth. Yes, Marth and Sheik have the best matchups against space animals because just about everyone else GETS ***** by space animals.

What major changes have happened since the list was being made? Falco was ****** everybody, then people learned how to play against him. List comes out. For the most part, I think the list is pretty accurate.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Smash Aid 7 in june, Drephen Beat Chillen to win it.

And its not just about what character wins tourneys. It's about what characters are placing high in tournies.

KDJ and Isai's sheik beat Kens fox at MLG Orlando.

When was the last time a fox won a major tourney? It's all falcos marths and shieks. People just use fox at times to win certain matchs and thats it. No one REALLY mains fox n e more.

Sheiks are beating fox's, marths are beating sheiks, the whole game is changing.

it was a bad time to make a new list.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention that Ken, Isai, PC, Azen, and KM all have respectable foxes, and I'm pretty sure that Eddie is picking up fox as well.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
They all use sheik and other random characters(I seen chillen use falcon at MLG Orlando, M2K and KoreanDJ use sheik, more so KDJ, and Tink uses shiek for some matchups too[like beating azen])

Fox shouldn't be top or at least Shiek and Marth should be in the top(possibly with Peach)with falco and fox and ALL 4(5) of them be called top in no order.

Edit: Eddy's always used Fox.

Edit2: Azen and Isai NEVER use Fox.

PC uses Fox for ICs and Jiggs. He uses Falco and Marth for everything else.

KM is well heh.

Ken only brings out his Fox vs Shiek and Peach if it's needed(and then if its KDJ or Isai he loses LOL).

nookrulz

Smash Ace
was chillin's falcon in the amateur bracket? b/c he likes to experiment around with characters sometimes. just cuz he used puff in teams vs kishes doesn't mean he isn't still a fox main.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
because most people argee or don't care lol....
*pound*

And the people that care and disagree are mostly non-tournament-winning noobs, so no one cares what they say.

NJ, nice job completely ripping off my idea for your sig and making a sucky one.

Xelyst

-_-
Good list, althought it dosent really refine my thought on certain chars.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't see why ness is so low on the tier list. I think his spot should be above DK. I guess it all depends on how use them though.

BearBoy

Smash Apprentice
Hmm this was intriguing ill give it that and im letting it mull over but I agree with king on everything regardless.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
There was one Tier list that lasted from late 03 to 05. Use the Search option and search "Tier List".....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom