• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ Ganons recovery BLOWS lol, he definatly doesn't have a better recovery then link.

the way I see the match up is, Link has the advantage but its so slim it should just be seen as equal.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ganon can make it back to teh stage better than link can, and also the fact that ganon also recovers faster from an attack faster than anyone else but falcon (they recover teh same), it's really odd why they do, but tehy do, giving them a better chance at making it back to the stage, and it's grab thing also makes it a better recovery move and the fact the DI on ganon's recovery is a lot more than people realize taht can make the chance of survival or not

you're telling me that link's recovery is better than ganon's?

Eci4

Smash Ace
ganon can make it back to teh stage better than link can, and also the fact that ganon also recovers faster from an attack faster than anyone else but falcon (they recover teh same), it's really odd why they do, but tehy do, giving them a better chance at making it back to the stage, and it's grab thing also makes it a better recovery move and the fact the DI on ganon's recovery is a lot more than people realize taht can make the chance of survival or not

gannon has one way of recovering... link has more than one option... while gannondorf may be able to come back from further, link is more likely to get back on the stage

Aiser

Smash Lord
No considering ganon is so easy to edgeguard he can't make it back easier then link who is hard to edge gaurd. his recovery is to linear and only has like one option. its his Up-b. I know his down-B gives him his jump back but theres nothing to guess he's gonna use his Up-B in the end.

Link has his hookshot and up-B. not only that if he's to far just bomb jump. >_> its saved my *** more then a few times.

Thats exactly what I'm saying. lol

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
whiteboard alot of the upper charecters have something cheap about them
a few examples Falco SHL Fox Shine gimp peach down smash marth disjointed hitbox etc. etc.

you could say a lot of moves are cheap but that doesn't mean crap. It comes down to skill and mindgames as the tier explination says. I've played many of the charecters above Luigi, but this one guy i play beats me every time with luigi

skill>tier

if people you play can't get around you being "cheap" then they have less mindgames/skill/variety of charecters and you are the better player

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
No considering ganon is so easy to edgeguard he can't make it back easier then link who is hard to edge gaurd. his recovery is to linear and only has like one option. its his Up-b. I know his down-B gives him his jump back but theres nothing to guess he's gonna use his Up-B in the end.

Link has his hookshot and up-B. not only that if he's to far just bomb jump. >_> its saved my *** more then a few times.

Thats exactly what I'm saying. lol
Gannon has possibly one of the top 5 recoveries.

Samus
Jiggs
Peach
Pichu
Pika
Gannon

Gannon can recover from anything, due to his weight and falling speed, not to mention his infinite jumps.

Link just has more options, but,

Link's recovery blows. And don't say "oh!!!!! Bomb techs or upthrow bomb to up B" cuz you're an idiot if you do. Bomb tech isn't practical and upthrow bomb only really works at 300%.

All he has is his hookshot and his pathetic Up B.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Gannon has possibly one of the top 5 recoveries.

Samus
Jiggs
Peach
Pichu
Pika
Gannon
How you can edge gaurd him till doomsday?

Gannon can recover from anything, due to his weight and falling speed, not to mention his infinite jumps.

Link just has more options, but,

Link's recovery blows. And don't say "oh!!!!! Bomb techs or upthrow bomb to up B" cuz you're an idiot if you do. Bomb tech isn't practical and upthrow bomb only really works at 300%.

All he has is his hookshot and his pathetic Up B.
But bomb jumping does work. 50%+ it becomes practicle. I'm not an idiot how often do you even use link?

btw I wasn't talking about bomb teching either. kthx.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I agree with aiser. When you're rating someone's recovery you have to take into account how easy it is to edgeguard them. Ganon is way easy to edgeguard because the only move he's gonna use to actually get back to the stage is his up-B. Sure, you can use down-B to get closer, but up-B is the only option as far as getting on to the stage. So, even though Ganon can recover faster/from a farther distance, Link's recovery > Ganon's.

Aiser

Smash Lord
Actually on second thought, after looking into it and talking it over.

Ganons recovery is pretty annoying >_> its easy to edge gaurd but if he keeps getting sent up, he'll keep comming back.

give you that one lol.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
I argee with DooDah that Ganon's recovery>> Link's

I argee with Aiser that Link's recovery doesn't "blow that much" as DooDah says.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
I argee with DooDah that Ganon's recovery>> Link's

I argee with Aiser that Link's recovery doesn't "blow that much" as DooDah says.
True. Despite having a sig that advocates domestic abuse, NJ actually sorta knows what he's talking about this time. Sorta.

Ganon's recovery is easier to edgeguard than Link's, but Ganon can come back from way more than Link. I swear him and Peach are **** near immortal on dreamland.

Learning to sweetspot helps too.

Edit: You *******, you changed your sig!

Aiser

Smash Lord
Hes not easy to edgegaurd. <_< mind you, you can edgegaurd him but no where as easy as say CF.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
True. Despite having a sig that advocates domestic abuse, NJ actually sorta knows what he's talking about this time. Sorta.

Ganon's recovery is easier to edgeguard than Link's, but Ganon can come back from way more than Link. I swear him and Peach are **** near immortal on dreamland.

Learning to sweetspot helps too.

Edit: You *******, you changed your sig!
LOL, black ppl
how is "falls too fast" a bad thing?
LMAO :laugh:
How is it ever a GOOD thing? I mean....when you jump off a plane, would you rather have a parachute to SLOW you down or just fall at a FAST speed with nothing on you...

Aiser

Smash Lord
How is it ever a GOOD thing? I mean....when you jump off a plane, would you rather have a parachute to SLOW you down or just fall at a FAST speed with nothing on you...
I'd rather fall fast to my death, YEAH WHAT WHAT?!

J03

Smash Master
yeah but edgeguarding isnt everything, once u can do it everones easy

on the list thought, i dont think tht peach should b above falcon and i think sheik should fall below marth who easyily deserves to b in the top 3 then again i think tht their should b 5 in each catergory so my top5 would be

fox
falco
marth
sheik
c.falcon

id take speed and power over imba recovery anyday of the week!!

any1 agree/disagree

OverDose

mcc

Smash Ace
i'm talking about recovery after you regain control of the character. would you rather have a parachute to slow you down against someone with a gun or fall at a fast speed (assuming you live after the fall)

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Let's think about this for a second.

A) Your Ganon, up "B"ing to the ledge against a Marth and you get forward smashed and dont tech. You DI up and recover before you even start losing altitude.

B) Your Falcon, up "B"ing to the ledge against a Marth and you get forward smashed and dont tech. You DI up and recover right after you fall for like 120 frames and arent stunned anymore just before the blast line.

When I say recover, I mean when you are not flipping around(stunned).

mood4food77

Smash Hero
nobody else realizes that the amount of DI ganon can also pull of on his up b is huge, it can really help is matches, marth's have missed fsmashes on me when they were to the point of balance on teh ledge, and then i grab the ledge right from them, and otehr stuff has happened, but it's a lot more than people think, it can't work as well with falcon

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i wish i had someone around me good enough, then i could show you ganon's amazing recovery

Samochan

Smash Master
Gannys recovery is extremely long and he can get back to stage almost always with proper DI. But it's also very easily edgeguarded and edgehogged as well, which takes away a lot of it's usefulness if the opponent can just smash you away every time. Link's recovery is more unpredictable and also a lot harder to edgeguard, which usually enables him to get back to ledge when dorf can't.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
yeah but edgeguarding isnt everything, once u can do it everones easy

on the list thought, i dont think tht peach should b above falcon and i think sheik should fall below marth who easyily deserves to b in the top 3 then again i think tht their should b 5 in each catergory so my top5 would be

fox
falco
marth
sheik
c.falcon

id take speed and power over imba recovery anyday of the week!!

any1 agree/disagree

OverDose
Uh, I do.

You know what, I actually had a thought out response I was writing to this, but then I just deleted it when I reread your post and realized that you can't spell or form coherent sentences. No need.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
^ If you don't DI and mix up Fast-Falling.
Watch Mike G's or Vidjo's Peach....or play a good Peach :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom