• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
Link: More weight, more power, bigger bombs, way more useful Up B, longer ranged throw, longer ranged hook shot, stronger arrows, easier bomb jump, slow running speed, short wavedash.

YL: Light weight, big wavedash, fast running speed, almost all attacks have nearly no lag, very hard time to KO, bigger jumps, weaker arrow, bad up B, worse grab range, bad hookshot range, stronger boomerang.

Link's good sides: 8
Link's bad sides: 2

Y Link's good sides: 5
Y Link's bad sides: 6

Link wins.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
mcc....shut up
Link>YLink, it's been that way for 5 years. Y Link is pretty much just the nimble spammer who has a hard time finshing off the oppenent after ranking up damage. Eventhough Link isn't as quick, he can still spam, he has better combos, better priority and range, better recovery, heavier, has WAY better matchups (he can actually combo Fox/Falco pretty well, he can hold his own against Marth, etc.) and so on. - I'm not trying to make Link look good by the way.
Link players do better in tournaments for a reason.

mcc

Smash Ace
i'm not saying young link's better. i'm telling him that he needs to list more reasons to convince other people that are set on young link being better

your disrespectfulness makes you look like a noob by the way

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
i'm not saying young link's better. i'm telling him that he needs to list more reasons to convince other people that are set on young link being better
So you would do the same thing for a Sheik to Pichu comparsion? For 5 years, YLink has been known for being worst than Link....Lucky Sharmz didn't need to give much info.
your disrespectfulness makes you look like a noob by the way
Disrespectfulness? What disrespectfulness?
1.) I told you to shut up...that's it. I also gave more info of why YLink isn't as good. That makes me look noob?
2.) It's the internet. If you take anything seriously, feel ashamed of yourself. That's pretty sad.

Your posts make you look like a noob by the way...wait.... you are one. Go to a tournament please.

mcc

Smash Ace
So you would do the same thing for a Sheik to Pichu comparsion? For 5 years, YLink has been known for being worst than Link....Lucky Sharmz didn't need to give much info.

Disrespectfulness? What disrespectfulness?
1.) I told you to shut up...that's it. I also gave more info of why YLink isn't as good. That makes me look noob?
2.) It's the internet. If you take anything seriously, feel ashamed of yourself. That's pretty sad.

Your posts make you look like a noob by the way...wait.... you are one. Go to a tournament please.
and why do you think saying "young link is known to be worse then link for 5 years" and then including that list of incomplete pros/cons is going to convince someone who thinks young link is better. that list doesn't even account for the significance of each pro/con, for example: less lag counts for a lot more than stronger arrows

and you were acting upon a grudge you had on me for about a month. get over it.

and it seems that even you take my posts seriously if you find the time to reply/retaliate to them

by the way, I HAVE been to a tourney

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
and why do you think saying "young link is known to be worse then link for 5 years" and then including that list of incomplete pros/cons is going to convince someone who thinks young link is better. that list doesn't even account for the significance of each pro/con, for example: less lag counts for a lot more than stronger arrows
What? Seriously, I have know clue what you are trying to say.
and you were acting upon a grudge you had on me for about a month. get over it.
No, I'm not. I seriously don't give a d@mn about you.
I mentioned in you a THREE WORD SENTENCE. I only told you to shut up, then moved on about YLink vs Link. YOU ARE THE ONE who still has his butt hurt from the grudge with this whole "you're disrespectful" crap.
Grow the **** up man.
and it seems that even you take my posts seriously if you find the time to reply/retaliate to them
:laugh: I reply to them....ok?
AAAA tourney? Awesome.

Stop posting, you'll do yourself a favor. There's nothing worth defending on your part anyways.

REØ

Smash Lord
link>ylink if it was vice versa than youd see ylink winning more tournies than link obviously

mcc

Smash Ace
Go to a tournament please.
you tell me to go to a tournament. i tell you i've went to one. what's your point?

you didn't have to say the "shut up" in the first place. it proves to me that you are still in a grudge. and your attitude about the whole thing annoys me

if you would like to continue the argument, I will happily do it through PMs. there's no need to spam the thread for this

REØ

Smash Lord
you take things on the interent to literally and serious, just calm down and accept the facts, sheesh

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
you tell me to go to a tournament. i tell you i've went to one. what's your point?

you didn't have to say the "shut up" in the first place. it proves to me that you are still in a grudge. and your attitude about the whole thing annoys me

if you would like to continue the argument, I will happily do it through PMs. there's no need to spam the thread for this
I think you were the smartest here. No sarcasm, I know what it feels to argue with a guy with the best argument being "shut up". It's lame and those people are useless...

... just like tier lists

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
you tell me to go to a tournament. i tell you i've went to one. what's your point
lol, what you just said didn't make sense but I know what your trying to say.
I tell everyone to shut up. "Shut up" should never be taking seriously. Your whiney childish attitude is pissing me off as well. Seriously, you are the first to ever care about the phrase "shut up". That's sad...
THIS IS AN ARGUMENT??? WTF
Maybe if you posted something worth reading, I guess it could be considered an agrument.
you take things on the interent to literally and serious, just calm down and accept the facts, sheesh
+rep
I think you were the smartest here. No sarcasm, I know what it feels to argue with a guy with the best argument being "shut up". It's lame and those people are useless...
You're right, my post was clearly just those 2 words.
Wak, you should know me better than this.

mcc

Smash Ace
"you take things on the interent to literally and serious, just calm down and accept the facts, sheesh"

i DO accept the fact that link is better than young link

unless you're talking about accepting that i'm a noob. then i refuse :p

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're right, my post was clearly just those 2 words.
Wak, you should know me better than this.
I though you were more open toward people thinking different. And I didn't say your post was those only 2 words, I just really think that a post starting with "shut up" is definitely an offensive post, and not a constructive post

tier list sucks

PM-ing wins

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
ok ok I'm sorry. I have to admit, I was aggorant to the fact that not everyone reacts to a certain pharse in the same way I do (lol, I just wrote an essay on arrogance the other day, so....yea :p).

Wak is the man, end of story.

*PMs mcc*

mcc

Smash Ace
what's wrong with ending a fight by resolving it?

and i didn't mean to argue for young link. i was saying that his post isn't enough to convince people that link is better if they already think young link is.

you know that guy on the pic, it's actually me

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
It's lame and those people are useless...

... just like tier lists
Co-sign, when will people learn that the "tier list" is purely based on ****?

Tier list causes problems and boring *** matchups

To solve this useless crap, just use the fuqing character you intended on playing with. :ohwell:

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
It's the first time I don't get an ennemy for posting what is my thoughs about some situation :laugh:
Shut up please.

edit:

... just like tier lists
I though you were more open toward people thinking different. And I didn't say your post was those only 2 words, I just really think that a post starting with "shut up" is definitely an offensive post, and not a constructive post

tier list sucks

PM-ing wins
It's the first time I don't get an ennemy for posting what is my thoughs about some situation :laugh:

It made my day, I love you guys <2
please.

marthsword

Smash Ace
mcc, please. link > young link

the times i would use young link would be against fox, becaue Y. link falls when fox performs a shine., making it impossible, or very difficult to perform a shine combo of any sort. This means no drillshine, so i would choose y. link because of this.

I do have fun with y. link though, but at tourney level i would use link

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
lol at people who dont think tiers exist. When a character has a move that comes out in 0 frames, and is extremely abusable, while other chars have no such thing, how can you honestly say all characters are even?

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
Ess oh Aytch said:
Post count? Why would you even bring that up? Post count means absolutely nothing.

Kind of like karma in GameFAQS.

Anyways, Wak was probably being sarcastic about "tiers not existing", lobster.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kind of like karma in GameFAQS.

Anyways, Wak was probably being sarcastic about "tiers not existing", lobster.
I NEVER said tier wasn't existing????? O_O

I just said tier sucks and bring more hate than anything because no one agrees...

Oh BTW, how much rep you have now, doodah? are you near from the famous -9999? lol

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
Hmm, that's funny marthsword.
Fox, Falco, and Sheik have no counters and are the top 3. Everyone in the game has the advantage over Mew2 and Pichu and they are the bottom 2.
You really think they paid no attention to character matchups? :psycho:

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Is anybody doing a matchup list for each character? I might undertake that task if nobody is already doing that... If we got those even somewhat accurate, I could do a weighted ranking system and make an accurate tier list.

StripesofBars Did you want neg rep cause I've been giving you + i can stop though...

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I don't get it.

Fox and Falco have no true counter, but shiek definitely has better matchups overall.

Shiek's only really hard matchups are IC's and possibly Fox and Falco if they Shiek player sux. I mean she counters Marth.

MARTH!!! She counter's MARTH.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, sheik only loses to ICies and possibly Falco.

Even with Peach, Fox. (Maybe MAYBE Mario.... if Mario is Azen and Azen for some reason CG's every life.)

***** everyone else.

Space Animals have some not complete **** matchs in low tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom