• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

Milos

Smash Lord
didn't quite work.

let's keep spamming one liners just to make sure there's nothing important to talk about here.

/jk

how about

west coast sucks episode 2: neighborhoodP makes a new smashboards account

Milos

Smash Lord
Yeah but max is right when he says that ss looks better than he actually is because everyone he plays sucks. Norcal is awful, socal has mango and zhu and that's it.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
lol.

Well, I'll personally reserve judgment, mostly because I'm in no position to say that West Coast sucks when a lot of them could probably **** the socks off me.

It would be cool to see a tournament where both East Coast and West Coast showed up, and maybe had a crew battle.

otg

Smash Master
lol.

Well, I'll personally reserve judgment, mostly because I'm in no position to say that West Coast sucks when a lot of them could probably **** the socks off me.

It would be cool to see a tournament where both East Coast and West Coast showed up, and maybe had a crew battle.
Agrees, WC would probably beat us all up, but I'm sure we could hang. I don't want to gloat but I'm pretty sure I could take most of the Docs out there in Dittos. I don't want to generalize but EC > WC, even though we aren't top level players this does apply to us as well. The metagame over here is really developed, and even your average player would be considered a stand out two years ago.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
Whoa guys, whoa.

I was BORN in the west cost.

Therefore, I'm a west smasher.

So all you guys just got punked by a smasher who should be in the west.

:laugh:

otg

Smash Master
You guys can all try meeting up this weekend for a smashfest. I'm not sure if I can do anything cause of my wifey, and than I'm moving back to school on tuesday.

Wait ****, I forgot you wanted to play on thursday Milos. If you can pick my *** up and drop me off at Dobbs Ferry I'm down.

otg

Smash Master
So I had an interesting idea. Since the beginning of 07' I've tried to reach out to all the scattered Westchester players all over the region, and now two years later we're SOMEWHAT organized lol. We're all pretty solid players, but we also have weaknesses and excel at certain things.

I'm proposing we rank the Westchester crew; let's try to figure out where we all stand amongst one another as a means to potentially motivate one another and help get everyone to improve in the areas they feel weak in. We would have to take into account many variables like: how you perform in singles/can you adapt/consistency/how good are you at teams/your character in relation to his placement on the tiers/etc. For example, Elliot cannot stand his own ground in singles, but on teams he and Moko are quite the beast team, so that fact alone might influence him to work on singles more.

I don't want to do this so I can be like "HAHAHAHAH NOOOOOBS", thats defeating the purpose behind this. I want everyone to improve and get better so we can at some point go to some event like Genesis and ejaculate all over the West Coast. This should be viewed as a means for improvement, and not some ego trip.

On top of that, the only way we will accurately be able to do this is with input from everyone. Not everyone in the Crew has gotten a chance to meet up at the same time, and not everyone has gotten a chance to play against everyone else. I however, have played all of you multiple times (besides Ritz, who I have only played on one occasion although it was for awhile) and as a result I will need more input from everyone to accurately put this together.

Here is a list of everyone right now: Sheldon, Milos, Ritz, Mikael, Chappaqua Jesse (not your bro Sheldon), Niko, Sam, Neal, Jona, Moko, Elliot (joo$), myself? Am I missing anyone? There are some others who could be on here like some of our brothers, Mr. Perry/Bucket/Nelson, City heads (M.Tian/Kenny), lol even PC Chris/Hazzard.... but I'm not sure they should be considered as I don't play them enough, some of them don't play enough or at all, and others don't technically even live in the area anymore.

So.... discuss, I'll have to think about this a lot and I'll see if I can come up with some thoughts later.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Sounds like a cool idea. I would be game for it.

Also, lol, Chappaqua Jesse. That made me laugh.

Niko45

Smash Master
well the problem is I don't think many of us have actually played everyone which makes it hard to really rank people...basically the 1 or 2 people who have played everyone would have to do the rankings. PC and Hazz should def be included I don't see how you could not include them.

Of the people I've actually played and/or at least know enough about I'd say:

PC
Hazz
Neal
Me/OTG/M.Tian
Kenny
Mikael
Sheldon's Bro
Sam
Sheldon
Jona

otg

Smash Master
Lol, Jona as last lol. Yeah, I guess PC and Hazz should def all be taken into account. I'm pretty sure Phish-it and all his crew is the next county over and not Westchester. If they are correct me if I'm wrong.

So far I pretty much agree with Nick's list, except I think Neal should be put in the same tier as Me/Tian/Niko. Don't get me wrong, Neal's ****ing beast as hell, but we go very even and I think he would agree. I would like to see his input in here. Jesse needs to be placed somewhere around Kenny and Mikael as well as he is a very very solid player and really good on teams.

Also, Milos you're going to have to try and place Ritz, as I haven't played against him in forever.

Milos

Smash Lord
me and ritz go even and I go pretty even with mikael.

plus I feel like I do well on teams in a tourney setting. friendlies teams I suck at cause I always SD no johns. but yea in tournament I'm pretty good I think.

and like I 2 stocked cactuar's falcon so I'm the man :laugh:

Niko45

Smash Master
Yea I'd agree it's not a big enough gap (if any) to separate Neal from us. M.Tian is probably more appropriate if anybody to give that spot but I haven't played him enough to solidly say that for sure.

Kenny is definitely above Mikael. He'll beat him 1 on 1, has ok alternates, and is very good in teams as well. Mikael is like the most fun person to play with lol, is the most rapidly improving player, but isn't there quite yet.

otg

Smash Master
Yeah I def agree, Mikael has improved a TON over the last month. He just needs to become more consistent and watch those pointless SD's.

The other thing, is that Neal is a freaking beast on teams and to my knowledge so was M.Tian, while Nick and I are... ok? I mean I think we are both good players so we do well on teams, but maybe we don't necessarily have the right outlook on how to play them?

Also, I think Sheldon needs a bump up as he has improved drastically recently and goes pretty even against Milos. Sheldon's bro has crazy potential to be better than all of us because he is so young, but I still think Sheldon might be better than him. I would switch Sheldon with Sheldon's bro and put Milos next to him. As for Ritz, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. He should try and come out.

Edit:

Oh, no one has ranked Moko or Elliot yet, so I will do that. Later on tonight when I have some time I'll post up a list with my thoughts, and I'm sure this will be ever changing as we continue to examine player progress and the multiple variables about what makes someone "good".

Niko45

Smash Master
Yea I haven't played Sheldon in a minute and I know he's been going to No Johns which is like steroids as far as getting better goes. His bro gave me FITS when we played lol but maybe that was not indicative of his normal level or something?

Yea I agree on teams tho we haven't played in a long time and should see what happens.

otg

Smash Master
i dunno friendlies are different than when there's something riding on the match

that's not even johns it's just fact
agreed, but that goes both ways. Both players probably aren't trying there hardest, and frankly friendlies is the time when one can safely work on new tricks/gimmicks/setups which is one of the biggest reasons you see me do dumb **** like Cargo Stage Spike SD's and what not. Although friendlies don't have money on the line, I don't think that's any less reason for you not to try hard while you play.

Also, I think it's very easy for players who lose in friendlies to just play it off like "oh they were just friendlies, they don't matter". You're right in that it doesn't matter if you win or lose, but this is the wrong mentality to have. Friendlies are to help you improve, and if you can't hold your own in friendlies what makes you think a tournament match will be different?

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
I like the idea of a circuit or round robing type of event, plus, I haven't played like any of you guys (except for Milos and OTG, but OTG was like mad mad long ago lol, like easily a year ago).

and yeah, Milos and myself are decently even, but we've also played each other a lot and have gotten used to the other's style. It'd be interesting to compare through playing other people.

Lastly, though, is I really need to get to OTG's or someone's eventually. I don't even know how to get to OTG's lol, or when stuff is going on.

Milos

Smash Lord
yeah true that. well i might have mad people at my house tomorrow.

so far, vanz and hax are confirmed, I think you're coming too right max? so are you graham, i believe, and PC is almost definitely coming too.

Milos

Smash Lord
you're definitely above sam :) i've never played your bro but you're definitely above sam.

****in, of course you can come.

MIKAEL BRING YOUR PRO FALCON TO MY HOUSE IMMEDIATELY

if you do we'll have 8 people and we can have a tourney

Milos

Smash Lord
Yeah im pretty sure it's ok.

I can only have 1 person spend the night, and that's going to be vanz cause we already planned that.

everyone take down my number, and call me before you leave tomorrow, cause i may or may not be home.

914 217 4731

Top Bottom