• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

Niko45

Smash Master
that "guaranteed to win championships" line is bull**** and you know it!

come on, this is ridiculous, just because everyone wants to compare the man to Jordan doesn't mean he can do the exact same thing as Jordan and have the same success. Plenty of fantastic players play their whole careers "honorably" or "loyally" or w/e you wanna call it and just never pull a championship off. Look at Stockton and Malone, one of the best 1-2 punches in NBA history, absolutely perfect pick and roll. They stuck with the Jazz their whole careers and never once got a championship (ironically robbed of their best chance by a Jordan comeback... *swoon* how inspirational of Jordan). Reggie Miller stuck with the Pacers through thick and thin, never once got a title. You can argue, "oh but those guys weren't the best player in the league," but you have to get what I'm saying... Devotion and great play alone don't lead to championships and **** can happen and you can wake up 10 years down the line realizing that you haven't won your championship and you're now a half step too slow to lead your team over the next Heir apparent to the Jordan throne. And that's not even considering that at any moment you could be the next Pete Maravich and just suffer a career ending injury.

I guess what I'm saying is that Basketball careers are like lives... they're shorter than you think and you never actually know when they're going to end. so how are you gonna hold it against a man when he's trying to do what he can to win today?
The 90s were packed with great all time players, they got unlucky to be in Jordan's era. Lebron has no such thing holding him back. He's 25 and he's already been to an NBA finals, Conference finals, and overall made the playoffs what, 4 or 5 times? And this is with the lowly Cavs. They won 60+ games the last 2 years. Any team winning 60 games is a title contender undoubtedly. Nothing is guaranteed - correct! But as far as I'm concerned Lebron signing anywhere is just as close to guaranteed as signing with Miami because the bottom line is it was going to happen barring injury. He's the most dominant player in the league since Shaq.

Niko45

Smash Master
ok ...and how many championships did Shaq win before joining the lakers? -_-

how much did that dominant player joining a super-team kill the League?

EDIT: and yea, no to No Johns, busy this weekend.
Rofl the super team of Elden Campbell and Eddie Jones. You do realize the Magic were way way better than the Lakers at the time Shaq left, right? Penny in 95 > Kobe in 2000. Whatever tho, this is dumb. I'm done.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Durant is better than Lebron.

Just wait. If OKC can build around him, I'll hop onto their bandwagon. However, I'm a risk taker. I want to see Gilbert Arenas as a Knick.

And yeah, Penny was a MONSTER.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
fivethirtyeight is an awesome website.

Also, after effects' memory management sucks donkey ****.

And I don't think I'll be able to come to No Johns either.

I wish you great luck with everything though, Max.

JRed

Smash Rookie
I wana see some videos from the tourney today, the HBK and dj nintendo matches were so ridiculous, i wana see em again haha

prog

I wana see some videos from the tourney today, the HBK and dj nintendo matches were so ridiculous, i wana see em again haha
**** you, can i get home and eat before i have to worry about uploading matches?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
prog is mad as ****

you know what tho, it would probably be a good idea to start uploading those vids now, you know, have a good time, kick back, relax and enjoy watching vids upload...

prog

prog is mad as ****

you know what tho, it would probably be a good idea to start uploading those vids now, you know, have a good time, kick back, relax and enjoy watching vids upload...
nah, you don't know that process my dude.

1. sync up microphone audio to video.
2. chop up each individual match.
3. convert to a different file format to preserve quality.
4. upload each one.
4b. I'm on DSL *****.

nah, seriously, i'll start chopping stuff up tomorrow after work, uploads probably start tuesday.

otg

Smash Master
Sorry we didn't get to hang out more Jason, it was kind of an intense day. Let's play soon, hit me up.

definitely wanna see that otg tree death combo again... magic

also mofo vs hax was vicious

yeah, i definitely watched both those sets again.
my set with hazz was so intense, that Tree combo changed everything around. I can't wait to see it.

CaptainPREQ

Smash Rookie
Good **** forgetting to pick me up for no johns, otg. I was waiting all morning!

So what happened with the crew battle? Did TFS **** the opposition? Should we leave the country?

R00R

Smash Journeyman
That tree combo was utter ****.

Im def mad salty from losing my sets yesterday. Choked so hard. Got to step it up next weekend.

It was mad fun to see everyone, good ****.

prog

That tree combo was utter ****.

Im def mad salty from losing my sets yesterday. Choked so hard. Got to step it up next weekend.

It was mad fun to see everyone, good ****.
**** you, you don't know where your teammate is.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFcT1rOqhMg

tree combo is in that.

Was a lot of fun playing everyone from TFS.

Nando, great set at the end! You brought that **** back.

Good **** forgetting to pick me up for no johns, otg. I was waiting all morning!

So what happened with the crew battle? Did TFS **** the opposition? Should we leave the country?
BB drove 4-5 hours just for TFS to wimp out. :D

otg

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFcT1rOqhMg

tree combo is in that.

Was a lot of fun playing everyone from TFS.

Nando, great set at the end! You brought that **** back.

BB drove 4-5 hours just for TFS to wimp out. :D
Nice playing you Arc. All you NE guys were mad cool, you're welcome for housing anytime (as long as I can accommodate :laugh:).

As for the crew battle, no one really gave a ****. By the time singles was over, everyone had to go. I'm sure we can make it happen some other time, we all just have to make time for it.

If you wanted to do the crew battle so bad Jesse you should have actually come to the tournament instead of just talking ****. It was so much fun and a lot of people just hung out/played friendlies and didn't enter singles.

The tree combo was **** as ****, such a good tourney.

Good **** TFS, also nando wants in so, expect him in the roster at some point.

Top Bottom