• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Ive done everything in my power just to get a marth and ike skin. ;_;

now i have the RSBE01 file in the codes folder, homebrew and gecko OS are present on the wii,
and i have my textures under SDcard<private<wii<app<RSBE<pf<fighter<ike<and ichigov02.pac and .pcs. what have i done wrong? im abou to give up >__>
Everything is right except for the file name. It should be FitIke02.pac and .pcs
Did you read the first post? It will be on ike's green costume since you picked the 02 costume.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I'm just wondering, is it possible that the version of my system menu or the type of SD card I'm using are factors in the success of textures?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm just wondering, is it possible that the version of my system menu or the type of SD card I'm using are factors in the success of textures?
Yes, and no. System menu should not matter unless you have a version so recent that it squashes the Homebrew, and you would know if the system menu were causing that. I'm still back at 3.4 or so.

The SD card type could matter, what kind are you using?

Something has to be amiss.. neither the marth or ike costume show up. am i supposed to just go into homebrew and launch the game via gecko OS? do i have to configure something there too?
Yes, you just go into the Homebrew Channel, launch GeckoOS, and launch the game without doing anything more and it should work.

For both of you, check to make sure you don't have a GameCube memory card in your Wii as that will prevent any codes from working.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
If I go to a site that has BSTRMS up for download, do I simply download them and copy them to my SD card? I don't want to customize the songs myself I just want to download ones available...how would I do this?

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm using a 4Gb SDHC card made by Lexar, is it incompatible with the textures?

Thanks for the help.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
He added in...

New version for my BRSTM making tool.

The only difference to the BRSTM making tool itself is the automatic length detection (thanks to Bionic Sonic).

The big new thing is the “add-on” tool, “BRSTM 2 SD” which makes the process of adding BRSTMs to the SD card much faster and easier. All you have to do is choose a stage, then a song of the stage, then the custom BRSTM (must be in the EditedSongs folder, BTW) you wanna use and then just type the drive letter for your SD card.

Reading all that took more time than putting like 5 songs into Brawl will when you use this new tool!!!!!!
It's actually been out for a few weeks if I'm reading right, I've been reading the StackSmash blog lol

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Im about to give up ;_; can anyone tell me whats wrong w/ this layout?

Config.Dat (dat file)
Installer(text document)
Private (folder)<wii<app<RSBE<pf<fighter< ike, marth (seprate folders)
Boot.elf (elf file)
Apps (folder)<gecko191<boot.elf, icon, and meta
Codes(folder)<RSBE01.gct (text document)

sorry is this is hard to understand :dizzy:

note: when i open the "wii" folder, i see app, title, loc.bak and loc.dat.
the title folder then flows out like this: title<aktn<content.bin

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
it should be called gameconfig.txt, not a config.dat. and it should be a text file

it's in the premade sd package

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This is probably a stupid question, but I just thought I'd throw it out there anyways just in case I've missed something or other...

Is there any progress on adding songs to stages or anything? Or even removing an entire song off of one stage and moving it onto another, e.g. taking "Final Destination" off of Final Destination, leaving it with only "Credits (Super Smash Bros.)", "Opening (Super Smash Bros. Melee)", "Final Destination (Melee)", and "Giga Bowser (Melee)", and adding it to Skyworld so it keeps all of its tracks AND gains "Final Destination"?

In other words, any way to get more tracks on one stage, even if it involves detracting from the number of songs on another stage. I ask because there are some stages, like Skyworld, that I could put a LOT of songs on, but only have a few songs to replace for music hacking.

Hopefully that made some sense.

glasscitysd

Smash Rookie
can anyone show me a way to get this to work through nero gamma back up launcher? i dont have the real copy of smash bros so cant use gecko anyhelp?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I believe neogamma comes with a built in Gecko OS 1.07. This is the only way you can use it with neogamma. 1.07 allows SD stuff and 256 lines, so you can use loaders to get Brawl+.

The alternate methods are using cIOScorp and then just using regular Gecko OS or using a USB Loader with 1.07 built in.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I finally got my character textures to work because I changed my SD card. Thanks to everyone who helped. However, it seemed impossible that all would be all right and now my Wii freezes almost always before I even start the match (it never froze during a match, only in menus). Is it normal or do I have to empty my Wii/SD card?

Thanks

FPSDars

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but none of the texture hacks I've downloaded are working. I have them all properly named and in their correct folders, and I'm using the latest Brawl+ code, which I assume includes the latest file patch. Brawl+ works fine, but texture hacks and even music hacks just outright refuse to work.

glasscitysd

Smash Rookie
I believe neogamma comes with a built in Gecko OS 1.07. This is the only way you can use it with neogamma. 1.07 allows SD stuff and 256 lines, so you can use loaders to get Brawl+.

The alternate methods are using cIOScorp and then just using regular Gecko OS or using a USB Loader with 1.07 built in.
do you set it up the same as this guide to use neogama? what are loaders? brawl + must be the code idownloaded and made a gct. file im guessing?

also how do you install this cioscorp?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but none of the texture hacks I've downloaded are working. I have them all properly named and in their correct folders, and I'm using the latest Brawl+ code, which I assume includes the latest file patch. Brawl+ works fine, but texture hacks and even music hacks just outright refuse to work.
SDHC card, perhaps?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
do you set it up the same as this guide to use neogama? what are loaders? brawl + must be the code idownloaded and made a gct. file im guessing?

also how do you install this cioscorp?
I'm gonna give you a generic guide because its a very broad subject.

Neogamma might have a feature in its options to use codes. This would be Gecko OS 1.07. If so, just put the codes in the regular location.

Remember, there is a 256 line limit. Therefore, you have to use loaders for this. Use a double .gct, with a Dynamic SD Loader for your codes .gct, and the Brawl+ one in the pf folder. Then there is snapshot, where you export a snapshot loader and make the code into a snapshot on your SD card.

cIOScorp has an installer and is a Homebrew app but is worse than Softcorp and allows you to play backups through Gecko OS regularly or through the disc channel if the update is patched.

Off to play tennis :)

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Anyone here ever tried to hack Castle Siege? I've been getting freezes :/
Is there some kind of fix for it? Any help would be greatly appreciatted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom