• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

imran66

Smash Rookie
thanx man that did the trick.
but now my textures dont show up.
im trying a lucario texure.
private (wii)app(RSBP)pf(fighter(lucario .and inside his folder ( FitLucario00.pcs
and also private wii app RSBP pf fighter ( mario .and inside his folder FitMario00.pcs

Is That Correct. if it is .it might just be the textures itself. so could you tell me a good site .and how to set up the pal folders .if i did it wrong.thanks.

Purellme

Smash Rookie
thanx man that did the trick.
but now my textures dont show up.
im trying a lucario texure.
private (wii)app(RSBP)pf(fighter(lucario .and inside his folder ( FitLucario00.pcs
and also private wii app RSBP pf fighter ( mario .and inside his folder FitMario00.pcs

Is That Correct. if it is .it might just be the textures itself. so could you tell me a good site .and how to set up the pal folders .if i did it wrong.thanks.
If its the Deoxys texture for Lucario that one doesn't seem to work for a lot of people. But a good site would be the Kittycorp Texture Gallery. It has everything nicely arranged and some really great textures. if it continues to not work then try waiting a few seconds after selecting your character before you do anything else. Sometimes the game needs some time to load it first.

imran66

Smash Rookie
nah its not a dexoys texture. also when i download a lucario texture i most always get a pac with it .do i need it or nah. cause i dont put it in anyway . i just use the pcs file.
does it do anything if i have the gameconfig.txt on the the root of my sd card.
also when i chosse any stage its all good .except for luigis mansion . it freezes when i click in .so yea .any ideas.

Purellme

Smash Rookie
I'm no expert so i can't help you with all of that but I do you know for Lucario you don't need the .pac file only the .pcs one. Also on the root of you SD card I'd say you should only have on there what you need otherwise put away what isn't nessicary. And I'm not sure why it does that for Luigi's Mansion, hasn't happened to me.

Oh and what texture are you working with that isn't working?

imran66

Smash Rookie
Oh another thing .if you no what the misconfig.txt is .when i put it in the root of my sd with.
apps
private
codes
it loads geko os fine .but with no textures.
but when i take it out .
geko os dont load just a black screen.
so im guessing the file replacement 2.1a code dosent work.
what you think.

Littlelink91!

Smash Rookie
yay, fellow mac user!

anyway, no, there isn't. what i do is use cheatmanger through HBC. it can read txt files on your SD and can use those to make gct files. the only thing you would need to do would be edit the txt files on your computer with textedit.
That is actually false Mr.Gengar

I don't remember who..But a long time ago someone made this txt gct converter while for weeks I was aimmlessly searching the web trying to find a possible code manager for the mac. Then later my searches found this http://brkirch.googlepages.com/txt2gct.zip

Now how to use it? All you need to do is create a txt file...put your codes in thats but THATS IT though! Not any other words describing what the codes are or how to use them, just the codes...Seperate them in enters if you find it necessary. As a sidestep, name your txt file RSBE01 (US format which must correlate with Games ID) so its easier to find on your mac. Then click on txt2gct-2 wherever you put it on your desktop, documents, etc..(Best option though, would be if you put it on your little list of sliding applications on the bottom) find your txt file, make sure your GCT file says RSBE01 before you save/convert it, send that into your SD cards code folder..blah blah blaaaah and yea your done.

imran66

Smash Rookie
Can someone help.
im using file replacment 2.1a pal .with geko os 1.9.
and the screen goes black .help

imran66

Smash Rookie
ok i tried that but the screens still black .what do i do.
btw are you a pal user. so you could tell me how you did yours .
cause ive tried for like 10 days now lol.

JugaBro

Smash Cadet
I was looking through the list of stage texture file names in the first post, and I can't find any for the stage builder pieces. Does anyone know what to rename files for custom stage builder pieces?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I was looking through the list of stage texture file names in the first post, and I can't find any for the stage builder pieces. Does anyone know what to rename files for custom stage builder pieces?
STGEDIT_0 for the Nature custom pieces.
STGEDIT_1 for the Factory custom pieces.
STGEDIT_2 for the Ruins custom pieces.

imran66

Smash Rookie
My Sd Is 512 Mbs . I Also Used A 2gb But I Didnt Work. When I Try File Replacment 1.3 Codes With The Other Stuff .the Screen Goes Black .but When I Use File Replacement 2.1a Pal It Still Shows A Black Screen. But When I Put The Msconfig Txt On The Root Of My Sd Card File Replacment 2.1a Loads But No Textures Happen.why Is This.
Does It Matter If My Brawl Game Is Not A Burnt One.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
That is very interesting, did you set up a gameconfig.txt?? And no, it shouldn't matter IF you have cIOScorp + cIOS60BF installed (cIOS60BF for 4.0 and 4.1 only) to load from GeckOS a backup, but otherwise yes it will matter.

GeckOS will not load backups unless you have custom cIOS's. You should get:

cIOS36 rev10
cIOScorp
cIOS60BF (4.0, 4.1)
Startpatch, Starfall or preloader (Starfall for 3.2U, Startpatch for 4.0 and 4.1, Preloader for anything in between, preloader sucks in a few ways).
Also Patchmii install cIOS36 rev10 to IOS249

But yeah, the burnt disc is the issue.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The textures for custom stages go in the melee folder, right? And do the textures for character entry animations go in the same folder as the character's textures?

Spoon~

Smash Ace
How do i get Brawl+ codes and the character/stage texture codes into one gct or is that even possible? Code manager only allows that lame 256 line limit.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
The textures for custom stages go in the melee folder, right? And do the textures for character entry animations go in the same folder as the character's textures?
Genius yeah. Melee stages are called STGDX[something], while Brawl are STG[comething]. Custom stages, like the stage editor stuff, is STGEdit_0.pac, STGEdit_1.pac, and STGEdit_2.pac.

And yeah, the FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac, Fit[CharacterEntry.pac's, andFitCharacter.pac's all go in their folder inside fighter.

How do i get Brawl+ codes and the character/stage texture codes into one gct or is that even possible? Code manager only allows that lame 256 line limit.
Yes....... And no.....

Code manager allows unlimited lines if you got 1.0, best version IMO.

Lol, and the texture codes and all that are in the new Brawl+ versions, although they might be removed due to model hacking and more anytime soon.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Yes....... And no.....

Code manager allows unlimited lines if you got 1.0, best version IMO.

Lol, and the texture codes and all that are in the new Brawl+ versions, although they might be removed due to model hacking and more anytime soon.
I just read that textures codes dont work with SDHC cards, guess that's my prob.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Of course, because Brawl doesn't recognize SDHC cards. It would take another code that would make the game recognize this for it to work. Because it isnt recognized, when it signals the game to load it, it can't find it.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Of course, because Brawl doesn't recognize SDHC cards. It would take another code that would make the game recognize this for it to work. Because it isnt recognized, when it signals the game to load it, it can't find it.
ahh, ill try with a new card then! Does the current brawl+ gct include the stage texture codes as well?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
ahh, ill try with a new card then! Does the current brawl+ gct include the stage texture codes as well?
Yes, although it has no stages that are actually replaced. You only need one code for all textures, 2.1a, or the patch for music and textures, and then you just need to put the files in the proper pf directory. So you need the actual textures, which are .pcs and .pac files, to be loaded from that generic code.

iownu1337

Smash Rookie
hmm for some reason my wii freezes everytime i load these textures while playing online, offline everythings fine...

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
So Brawl itself doesn't read SDHC cards? That sucksss. I can't fit all my custom music on every stage cuz regular SD cards don't go past 2 gig. Only non-texture/music codes work on SDHC cards for me. Any chance of a code coming out for that?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
So Brawl itself doesn't read SDHC cards? That sucksss. I can't fit all my custom music on every stage cuz regular SD cards don't go past 2 gig. Only non-texture/music codes work on SDHC cards for me. Any chance of a code coming out for that?
The game is programmed to only read from SD card, though I think SDHC reading via Ocarina is possible...it's just not out/made.

Lukar

Smash Rookie
Question... Whenever I try to rename the .pcs file, the file turns into a URL:protocol file, or something like that. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was renaming it incorrectly. Instead of right-clicking the file, choosing "Properties," and then renaming it from that window, I just double-clicked the file to rename it.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Hm, question. If I have the .PAC files, do I need the .PCS files?

Also, I have been having no issues at all with the Patch code with textures online ext... am I supposed to?

And finally, where does info.Pac go?

Voidwalker

Smash Rookie
Hi there. I have spent the entire day trying to figure this out. i have done everything you told me too do. i have watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwGJvKf-y7M that says this thread is it's source. i downloaded the pal text files for the code manager and checked all the boxes and put the RSBP01.gct file (i live in europe) into the cheat folder on my sd card. i did all the folder thingys and put the texture files in there (the charaters who i wanted to hack were marth, luigi, toon link and olimar). then i went onto the wii and started brawl with gecko and had the sd card inserted into my wii. it said it found the codes and applied them and then the game started! i was happy :). i went into a normal brawl and tried all characters and none of the textures worked!!! what went wrong? i changed the texture files names to royalpurplemarth00.pcs for example so the original clothes should have changed. what did it say it was even applying the codes for if nothing happened? can someone plz plz plz help me?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Question... How can I use this and Brawl+? Do I have to edit the .gct file for B+/make a new one? And if yes, how am I supposed to pull that off in 256 lines?
Also, does this work with PAL?
The current version of Brawl+ includes File Replacement 2.1a, including the PAL version of the set, so you should technically be fine.

Hm, question. If I have the .PAC files, do I need the .PCS files?
It depends on what you have the .pac files FOR. If it's a regular costume texture hack, you need the .pcs and you don't need the .pac except for on characters that change like Zelda/Sheik, Samus/Zamus, Bowser, Wario, and PT and his Pokemon.

Also, I have been having no issues at all with the Patch code with textures online ext... am I supposed to?
Not necessarily. Textures don't alter gameplay, really (a match with textures would play the same without them in a replay, basically), so there's no reason you would desync or anything. I've played online before and had a few issues, but I think it might've been more just Brawl's crappy online than anything.

And finally, where does info.Pac go?
From my searching I found speculation that it goes in "info2", but I'm not sure.

got the final to work, but ever since I put in the red sword slashes for ike my game seems to freeze once I pick the stage
Hm...which sword slash are you using? I'm not sure if there's any other red slashes for Ike, but try using the one from Kitty Corp if it's not the one you're using already. I'm pretty sure I got that one to work.

Also, what are you naming the file? I believe you need to name it FitIke.pac for it to work.

Hi there. I have spent the entire day trying to figure this out. i have done everything you told me too do. i have watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwGJvKf-y7M that says this thread is it's source. i downloaded the pal text files for the code manager and checked all the boxes and put the RSBP01.gct file (i live in europe) into the cheat folder on my sd card. i did all the folder thingys and put the texture files in there (the charaters who i wanted to hack were marth, luigi, toon link and olimar). then i went onto the wii and started brawl with gecko and had the sd card inserted into my wii. it said it found the codes and applied them and then the game started! i was happy :). i went into a normal brawl and tried all characters and none of the textures worked!!! what went wrong? i changed the texture files names to royalpurplemarth00.pcs for example so the original clothes should have changed. what did it say it was even applying the codes for if nothing happened? can someone plz plz plz help me?
You can't choose your own names, unfortunately; you have to name them "Fit[Character]0X", replacing "Character" with the name of the character according to the disk (e.g. "Marth" for Marth, "Pikmin" for Olimar, etc.), and the "X" with whatever number corresponds with the costume you want to replace.

The codes DID apply, but there were no textures for it to use.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Agh, accidental double post. Ignore.

Voidwalker

Smash Rookie
so if i understand right i have to rename the texture code name to what you described. so it would look like this for marth private/wii/app/RSBP/pf/fighter/marth and the code would be Fitmarth00.pcs?

Voidwalker

Smash Rookie
now i did what you said and changed the file name to Fitmarth00.pcs and it didn't work. Were the [ ] u had put in nessesary? could you type and exact example of what the name would be like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom