• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cattle

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try to add music, it always goes crackley at a constant point in the song and then stays like that. It will be going fine, then randomly start sounding like electric noise. I am trying to add music to smashville (with a texture). I have tried a few different songs, and it happens in all of them, at varying points. I set my wii's audio to mono and am using the latest nightly build.

RedyBz

Smash Cadet
Why does the Wii freeze just right after ive launched Brawl with geckos? It started to do this after ive added some music using the file patch v3.5.1. But i dont understand why. im pretty sure i did everything correctly...

Mr.Baconsock

Smash Rookie
okay, the textures are not working for me and I am super frustrated, so I'm just going to horde my questions here in the hopes that someone might answer them...

- Do the texture codes need to be saved in any special format?
- What part of the file replacement code do I need to copy? Everything after the colon? Does it matter?
- Is the directory 'private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter' need to be placed in the root of the SD card?
- What's the difference between .pac and .pcs?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
okay, the textures are not working for me and I am super frustrated, so I'm just going to horde my questions here in the hopes that someone might answer them...

- Do the texture codes need to be saved in any special format?
- What part of the file replacement code do I need to copy? Everything after the colon? Does it matter?
- Is the directory 'private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter' need to be placed in the root of the SD card?
- What's the difference between .pac and .pcs?
1) Yes, check out an ISO directory.

2) Just the entire 2.1a code or the 3.5.1 code if you wanna kill your SD card/ use music.

3) Just think lol. It needs to be saved exactly......

4) Oh god.... Check the difference in the file sizes and how you can convert between the two. The exact same thing except 1 is compressed.

This arrogant ******* message was brought to you by Illinialex. Making you feel inferior since 2008 :)

Lmao

Ruuku

Smash Lord
This is a brand new SD card with nothing else on there. So the only root folders there are apps, codes, and private. I extracted the Geko OS zip files directly into the apps folder.

Edit: NVM, I got it to work I get it was that SD card that had a problem.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
By kill you mean the SD wont work anymore? D:::: i guess ill just go back to 2.1a **** the music.
It should eventually, after a few months at max, wear out the flash memory. I use a flash memory to load Brawl, understanding it will die in like 5 months max. Most people don't know this, so I generally let people know lol. I'm gonna burn a disc when I'm finished so my loading is fine.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Is anyone else having problems with music on Mario Circuit and Rumble Falls. On Mario Circuit, all but the first song will eventually cut off into another song, or just freeze. Same for Rumble Falls, but for two songs only. Cause of this?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Can someone explain to me exactly how to use the GWitizer program? I've tried it a few times, but it won't work for me. Is there some sort of limit on what colors you can use, something you're supposed to do with the GameWatch00.pac before you put it in the directory? 'Cause I can't think of what I can be doing wrong.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble with the code. Heres how my card is set up.

I've partitioned a 16GB card into 2 partitions. On partition one is my homebrew apps and codes and the music. On partition 2 is an iso of brawl (I also have a brawl disc).

All of my codes (infinite replay, replays with tags, etc.) work but the songs do not load. I know I have everything right because I have another 1GB SD card that works exactly the way I want it to and I copied it straight to partition 1 of the new 16GB sd card.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

NM. I just did a search on this thread for SDHC and found my answers.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Ya I know about the Yoshi one that one was pretty easy to figure out, but the Mario Circuit problem was different. Anyway, tested a diff song and the same song for two diff tracks. Fixed so far, I started using the 1.0 version of the GUI program. I was using .7 version originally. Ah well. Will post if more problems.

TomVT

Smash Rookie
i have a question about the music hack. i got stuck on on the direction number 8. i typed in the name of the song but it says files not found. i carefully followed all directions. help would be appreciated.

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
It should eventually, after a few months at max, wear out the flash memory. I use a flash memory to load Brawl, understanding it will die in like 5 months max. Most people don't know this, so I generally let people know lol. I'm gonna burn a disc when I'm finished so my loading is fine.
Uh...

File Replacement 3.5.1 doesn't WRITE to the SD card, does it? If it doesn't, then it won't do a thing to your SD card.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Can somebody tell me how to texture hack final smashes? Like say, Peach's final smash palette that comes up.
You name the Final Smash texture "Fit[Character]Final.pac" -- so for Peach it would be "FitPeachFinal.pac".

For Pokemon Trainer, you put it in Pokemon Trainer's folder and name it according to the costume, so if you wanted to texture the blue team costumes (03), you would name it "FitPoketrainerFinal03.pac".

Unless you're talking about making the textures, in which place I think there's another topic for that.

Punkzors

Smash Cadet
You name the Final Smash texture "Fit[Character]Final.pac" -- so for Peach it would be "FitPeachFinal.pac".

For Pokemon Trainer, you put it in Pokemon Trainer's folder and name it according to the costume, so if you wanted to texture the blue team costumes (03), you would name it "FitPoketrainerFinal03.pac".

Unless you're talking about making the textures, in which place I think there's another topic for that.
I see. I meant to ask where to put the final smash hack on the SD card. It goes to the 'peach' folder located 'pf/fighter/peach'?
Thanks!
Edit: I will never leave a post on the Wii ever again. Stupid typos.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, it just goes in the same folder as the rest of the textures for that character. Giga Bowser and Wario Man are the only exceptions as they have their own folders.

Purellme

Smash Rookie
Alright so I did all the folder stuff correctly so I have a few questions:

1. On StackSmash when you click download to download a texture it starts as a .rar file and you have to change it to a pcs (or pac for some characters), right?

2. If the question above is correct then here is number 2, I downloaded Darkrai Lucario but whenever I go to the charcter select screen and choose him a few seconds later the game freezes. At first I figured it was loading but its been like that for 20 minutes so i'm pretty sure its frozen. Whats wrong?

Thank you!

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Alright so I did all the folder stuff correctly so I have a few questions:

1. On StackSmash when you click download to download a texture it starts as a .rar file and you have to change it to a pcs (or pac for some characters), right?

2. If the question above is correct then here is number 2, I downloaded Darkrai Lucario but whenever I go to the charcter select screen and choose him a few seconds later the game freezes. At first I figured it was loading but its been like that for 20 minutes so i'm pretty sure its frozen. Whats wrong?

Thank you!
um, unzip the .rar file with WinRAR first

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Is there anything that a macintosh user like me could use as a substitute for code manager?
yay, fellow mac user!

anyway, no, there isn't. what i do is use cheatmanger through HBC. it can read txt files on your SD and can use those to make gct files. the only thing you would need to do would be edit the txt files on your computer with textedit.

KenHitokiri

Smash Rookie
I would like to edit Hanenbow to add a new background, but it's not working when I do so. How would I go about doing this? I used STASHv10, and it didn't work. And I've used ASH successfully many times, so I know the basics.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Well, duh, you have to to With Friends, and both of you have to have homebrewed the same way (bannerbomb vs. ocarina)

Sparke

Smash Rookie
How can you tell which is forward and backward meanign for choosing colors Y or X im replacing textures now but i dont want to overwrite soemthing i want to keep.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
Can someone tell me how to get the latest code version that works with stages? I really want a Giygas Final Destination stage, but the one I have need a later version of the US code. So question is, can someone give me a link to latest code that works and the best Giygas Final D? THanks :D

imran66

Smash Rookie
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! i have a pal ssbb .and a kingston micro sd card 512mb ..im using file replacment 1.3 (disable custom stages 1.1 ) dynamic sd loader 1.1 ( sd files) all in RSBP01.GCT .the root of my sd card looks like this

apps(geko os 1.7)
private(wii)(app)RSBP)pf)fighter)charcters name )inside the fitlucario00.pcs
codes(RSBP01

THEN WHEN I LOAD GEKO OS THROUGHT THE HOMBREW CHANNLE . IT LOADS THE CODES .THEN THE SCREEN GOES BLACK. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG.

And no i dont have a gcmc inserted. please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom