• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Huh, my newest info.pac came out 1 KB bigger than the original (so it doesn't load)... I've only been editing exact length titles. Any idea why this would happen?
Thats normal, just editing it will do this because it compresses like a .pcs, which changes size even though its the exact same size. Because its uncompressed form stays constant, its compressed form changes size, like .pcs's. Its not bad.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I feel a bit silly. I thought they were two different songs.

So replacing both gets your song to work properly in both of the obstacle course slots?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Thats normal, just editing it will do this because it compresses like a .pcs, which changes size even though its the exact same size. Because its uncompressed form stays constant, its compressed form changes size, like .pcs's. Its not bad.
I thought it doesn't load if it was bigger than the original size. I got a black screen when I started up the game so I thought that this caused it.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Then something else must be wrong with my info.pac, because when I took it off my SD card the game loaded fine.

Edit: Wait, I think I know what it is... *goes to test*

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The ID that the game responds to for the second obstacle course song is E07. It will restart the song when seasons change. So to replace the Obstacle Course song, you need to put the song in as E02 and E07. Tested myself using a brstm of Aquatic Ruin Zone and working.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The ID that the game responds to for the second obstacle course song is E07. It will restart the song when seasons change. So to replace the Obstacle Course song, you need to put the song in as E02 and E07. Tested myself using a brstm of Aquatic Ruin Zone and working.
That's really just playing the same song twice. The best thing to do is use UTD Zac's music swap program and replace Obstacle Course with a different song (then put the new brstm in place of that one). That way the song won't even change at any point.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So I was right after all.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7910742&postcount=32
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7911164&postcount=34

Your file must be the same size or smaller AFTER compression.
As a result, when you modify song titles, there is a chance that for some reason or another, the tool is unable to compress the file back to its normal size.
That's what happened to me. The file got bigger and it couldn't load. I guess I have to wait for a better way to to it if I want to add any more.

Turtlehoop

Smash Ace
Hey guys.

I've been attempting to get character textures to work with the latest Brawl Plusery code set for Brawl+. I've followed directions in the guide step for step (except making the new RSBE code in the beginning - I'm kinda confused as to whether or not that would mess with the Brawl+ code) and they don't seem to be working. I've been at this for a few hours now, and I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if inputting the texture code would change it. I'm assuming the texture code is already in place, because there were pre-set textures for a few characters already when I installed gecko and homebrew onto my Wii.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys :$

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
I've got some GaW textures, but in the list which color matches which number GameWatch is not in there...
Can someone tell me what it is? =\

gmaster999

Smash Rookie
Alright, so I have the latest version of Gecko OS and File Replacment: v2.1a for NTSC, but my textures still don't show and I know I have the .pcs files save in the right places. Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've got some GaW textures, but in the list which color matches which number GameWatch is not in there...
Can someone tell me what it is? =\
If you apply a texture to Game & Watch it automatically textures all of his costumes, because all of his textures are stored in GameWatch00.pac.

If you want to make his costumes different from each other, you can download the GWitizer and use that -- it only does color edits, but it is better than nothing and textures are basically impossible to make different from costume to costume as far as I know.

The download link for the GWitizer is here.

Nope. Regular 2GB SD card with all my channels and game saves removed from it. Nothing but the code and texture files, homebrew channel and apps on it.
You don't have any GameCube memory cards in your Wii, right? If you have any GameCube memory cards in the Wii while it tries to load codes it won't work and you'll just have regular Brawl.

I've made that mistake a few times.

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
If you apply a texture to Game & Watch it automatically textures all of his costumes, because all of his textures are stored in GameWatch00.pac.

If you want to make his costumes different from each other, you can download the GWitizer and use that -- it only does color edits, but it is better than nothing and textures are basically impossible to make different from costume to costume as far as I know.

The download link for the GWitizer is here.
Oh, I didn't know that. xD
Thanks for the help! =)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh, I didn't know that. xD
Thanks for the help! =)
No problem.

Is there a way that I can add this code to the code for balanced brawl?
If you can get all of the codes for Balanced Brawl separately available in the Code Manager, then yes. If you only have the GCT, you can't, you'll need to get a .txt file with all of the codes in it or to get the codes separately yourself first.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I have the txt files of all the codes, but it says the codes for the GCT is greater than 256... what should I do

Edit: I downloaded a different version of code manager without code limitations

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
i was told that i could replace music titles with the file patch code. if i already have the edited info.pac/menu.pac or w/e files, where do i put it in my SD card?

Crescens

Smash Cadet
Phantom Wings v5.3.1 is causing extreme flickering on battlefield for me. Other stages, like Corneria and Smashville, fail to load anything but the background; the stage and characters don't appear. A can hear them, but not see them. Only other codes I'm using are Balanced Brawl. V2.1 worked fine.

By the way, is there a code to unlock all music? I was unable to find one through a search.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
By the way, is there a code to unlock all music? I was unable to find one through a search.
I don't know of one, but you can always just do a CD Factory, there are a few different variations on them. You can do this one if you have multiple wavebirds, something like this one if you don't, or one of the many other takes on CD Factories out there.

Crescens

Smash Cadet
Aye, I'll do that. There should be a code that makes all Pokeballs spawn Mew, so one can play a game with them on high to get all the CDs; unfortunately, the one I found did not work. CD factory it is, then.

Anyway, the problem seems to have resolved itself. Deleting the Pokemon modifier code was the only change I made. I doubt it was that that fixed it; but in whatever case, I have no problems now.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Use a code that turns an item into CDs, and then go into training mode and spawn tons of that item. It lets you get all the CDs in a minute or two (that's what I did).

You'll just have to unlock the CDs from the challenge board by yourself.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Any reason why File Patch 3.5.1 loads stages, textures and CSP's from SD card on a Backup Launcher, but not music?

Mr.Baconsock

Smash Rookie
Forgive my utter clulessness, but how do you get homebrew and Gecko OS?

could someone post a link that shows me how to get them onto my wii?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Forgive my utter clulessness, but how do you get homebrew and Gecko OS?

could someone post a link that shows me how to get them onto my wii?
This is against the rules.

- MLG does not endorce modding Wiis. MLG owns smashboards, therefore you shall not speak of modding Wiis in anyway on this forum. If you need help with the modding of your Wii, installing Homebrew or the like then please go to www.google.com and get the help you need.

Saltix

Smash Lord
You should NOT... 3.5.1 File patch was meant to replace that code... unless you're running 4.0 Wii System Menu version, you shouldn't have any issues making the textures work...
Yeah, Idk what the problem is. Ever since I started messing around with music hax, my textures don't load anymore.
and I'm still on version 3.3 lol

EDIT: Wait, does Code 3.5.1 not read the fighter folder when it's on the root of the SD card?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I didn't think ANY versions read "fighter" on the root of the SD card. The directory's supposed to be:

Code:
[SD card directory]:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter

Wanky

Smash Rookie
Alright, I downloaded the Brawl+ 4.1 package from brawlplus.net containing pretty much everything I need, including Gecko OS, HBC, and the folders for textures in my SDHC card. I created folders for Link and Ganon, downloaded textures and put them in their folders and changed the name correctly (FitLink02.pcs, for example)... and they're not showing up when I start up Brawl+.

So I haven't touched the GCT that came with the Brawl+ package. Does it already contain the codes needed for texture hacking, or do I need to add them in? If so, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, so I fully texture hacked my Brawl, (save for a few stages since I can't find any for them, and the green hat texture for Jigglypuff since it freezes when you do) and everything seems to be running smoothly, save for one issue.

Samus makes almost no sound. The only sounds she makes are:

- The clicking when she's charging a Smash Attack
- Any item-related sounds
- Any sounds when she hits a character, item, or stage part

She doesn't make a noise for her Final Smash, either. I'm going to have to fidget with some things to try and fix it, but does anyone know what it could be? Every other character works fine, even Zamus (that I tested, and I tested a fairly large sample). Also, when Meta Knight was the second player, Samus's moves that didn't make sounds made Meta Knight sounds (e.g. Super Missiles said "BEHOLD!" and the Screw Attack made Meta Knight slashing sounds), but again, Meta Knight was the only character of those that I tested that did this.

It did this no matter what texture I had on Samus and no matter which stage I was on...so the only thing that I can think of is the Effect package I'm using -- the "Light Bomb and Jump" texture at the bottom of this page. I'll try removing it later as I'm busy right now, and if that doesn't fix it I've got no clue what it is.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
It seems my issue has been completely passed over... though that's probably partially because I didn't make it obvious enough that I was asking for help. :p

This is using the 3.5.1 file patch code.

So I've got 3 custom bstrm songs that play perfectly fine in vgmstream. But in brawl, after a minute or so they turn into static. When they loop back around, the play normally again but still turn into static a minute or so after.

But yet, I have 2 other custom songs (Melee break the targets and You Spin Me Round) that work perfectly fine.

So any idea what's going on here? I can't try it on someone else's game since I don't know anyone else with Brawl near me.

For anyone interested in trying for themself, here are the three songs in question:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wiiokmd2dey
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nzyz2oqgdxn
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yjmjonkmnnm

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Gah I'm tired of hearing this: You can't edit sleepy hat jigglypuff.

YES YOU CAN! You just have to put a texture on it that was edited for the sleepy hat jiggz character model. Jiggs is weirdl; she has four seperate character models (naked jiggz and flower jiggz are same model) while other characters only have one. So, you CAN put a texture on the sleepy hat jiggz, just make sure the texture is FOR sleepy hat jiggz.

KenHitokiri

Smash Rookie
Light Bomb's was done with a PAL texture or something...

Also, has anyone made a GCT for the 4.1 codeset that has the music replacement code in?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Gah I'm tired of hearing this: You can't edit sleepy hat jigglypuff.

YES YOU CAN! You just have to put a texture on it that was edited for the sleepy hat jiggz character model. Jiggs is weirdl; she has four seperate character models (naked jiggz and flower jiggz are same model) while other characters only have one. So, you CAN put a texture on the sleepy hat jiggz, just make sure the texture is FOR sleepy hat jiggz.
I've never heard that before, sorry. All I know is that I tried putting a texture on it, the game froze up on me every single time I tried starting a match, and I heard reports from other people of the same thing so I assumed it froze EVERY time you put a texture on it.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to find a hack specifically meant for that costume so I can make my texture collection more complete.

Light Bomb's was done with a PAL texture or something...
Oh, I guess that would explain what's happening.

I'll take that off then.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Okay, so I fully texture hacked my Brawl, (save for a few stages since I can't find any for them, and the green hat texture for Jigglypuff since it freezes when you do) and everything seems to be running smoothly, save for one issue.

Samus makes almost no sound. The only sounds she makes are:

- The clicking when she's charging a Smash Attack
- Any item-related sounds
- Any sounds when she hits a character, item, or stage part

She doesn't make a noise for her Final Smash, either. I'm going to have to fidget with some things to try and fix it, but does anyone know what it could be? Every other character works fine, even Zamus (that I tested, and I tested a fairly large sample). Also, when Meta Knight was the second player, Samus's moves that didn't make sounds made Meta Knight sounds (e.g. Super Missiles said "BEHOLD!" and the Screw Attack made Meta Knight slashing sounds), but again, Meta Knight was the only character of those that I tested that did this.

It did this no matter what texture I had on Samus and no matter which stage I was on...so the only thing that I can think of is the Effect package I'm using -- the "Light Bomb and Jump" texture at the bottom of this page. I'll try removing it later as I'm busy right now, and if that doesn't fix it I've got no clue what it is.
Light bomb, huh? I made the same mistake with Pikachu's red thunder. Those are PAL custom effects. You need to get somebody to convert them into NTSC effects or just ditch them completely. PAL effects do this with NTSC brawl.

Edit: wii post. Ken already answered the problem. :p

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
While I'm asking questions...

I CANNOT get the GWitizer to work. I've tried it twice, but it won't work...I followed exactly what the Readme said, then put GameWatch00.pac into the proper directory...is there an extra step or something that I'm leaving out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom