• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
If its custom battle portraits, you only need to delete one of those folders. I forgot which. whatever has the .brres files

unless that guy meant character select portraits AND in game portraits are the problem

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm using one of the texture packs from this board, so I'd like to assume that they're all fine. The first time was Wario v somebody else I can't remember and the second was Zelda/Sheik v ROB.
Sounds like those are the characters that need a pac file. Make sure they have one. For some reason my wairo texture don't work even if have the pac file. Wario is dumb.

Smash Apprentice
If its custom battle portraits, you only need to delete one of those folders. I forgot which. whatever has the .brres files

unless that guy meant character select portraits AND in game portraits are the problem
the Character Select portraits are fine, the in-game portraits are the problem. If you only include the character/stage textures, music, and csps, they work smoothly.

Thanks for the tip, I thought I needed to redo my common5.pac again X_X

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm... So it looks like most of the bugs are being reported here huh.

I need as much information on these bugs as I can get.(specifically the freezing bugs.) So can I ask everyone who experiences these bugs to PM me a message concerning the circumstances of the incident? Try and include as much as you can, such as:

-Characters in the match
-Textures that are applied to the situation(this includes items, stages, pokemon/ATs, and Final Smashes.)
-Current music track being played.
-What items were on during the match.
-What items were present at the time of the incident(goes double if a Smashball, pokeball, or assist tropy was present.)

Thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to fix everything up soon.
OK. Thanks for the code.

My game froze on Lylat Cruise when Charizard obtained the smash ball.
All 4 characters had textures on them.
I was Sonic, and ROB, Diddy and Charizard were in the match.
NO CSPs and no stage texure on Lylat.
I had a Final Smash texture on Pokemon Trainer at the time.
The Final Smash texture worked fine when using the 2.1a version of the code.
Smash Balls only on low.
I did not use the independent Pokemon code.
This is stange because all of the other Final Smashes I used, incluing Samus,Zamus, and Wario worked fine and All my textures have pac files and pcs files.
Custom Music track played was the Star Wolf Remix by kgz that I made into a brstm. It played and looped perfectly in sound test and My Music.
It is over the Star Wolf(Assult) slot.
Lylat was not going through a transition at the time.
All of the textures I had in the game were working perfectly under the 2.1a code.

I will remove the FS texture for Pokemon Trainer and see if it helps.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Either you can't replace certain songs (which I'm pretty sure you can) or that one isn't using the names of the songs in the game.

For example, I need to know the file names of "Adventure Map" and "Step: Subspace". That's what they're called in the game, but the list isn't clear on which songs they are.

And the thing it claims is "Melee Battlefield 01" is actually the SSB64 credits song, which I couldn't find until I cross-referenced it with another list.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Falco, I'm not able to join and make wifi rooms with the music hack on. Is it just me or is anyone else having this problem?

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
i finally managed to get mine to work...(removing the ingame battle portraits)

but after a minute or so in the battle, i get weird staticy noises, and it occasionally switches to a different track for that stage.

if it helps, i was on battle field, 3 stocks, no items, normal brawl
codes on: file patch, infinite replay, no tripping, colored shields and the pause camera
characters varied, used textures, but not one for the stage

Green_Swirl

Smash Cadet
i finally managed to get mine to work...(removing the ingame battle portraits)

but after a minute or so in the battle, i get weird staticy noises, and it occasionally switches to a different track for that stage.

if it helps, i was on battle field, 3 stocks, no items, normal brawl
codes on: file patch, infinite replay, no tripping, colored shields and the pause camera
characters varied, used textures, but not one for the stage
I'd also like to confirm that removing battle portraits makes my game work as well. I, however, do not have the staticy effects when playing.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I here to say that custom victory themes are working.

If you are getting staticy noises, check the brstms. The ones that give you the noises might be corrupt. I never had a problem with the ones I made.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Edit: Swordplay, the name you need to use for texture hacking the wifi waiting room is STGONLINETRAINING.PAC

Alphatron

Smash Champion
So I did the process for the music and it works swimmingly. I haven't gone online, but I have one problem.

Do the songs have to be slowed down? That happens when I use Goldwave to change the Hz to 32000. Is there any way to have the songs play at normal speed?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I had a couple problems, but nothing too big. I think I know where I messed up. Well, all brstm files were made stereo using Audacity 1.3.7 with whatever hertz the song came in (i.e. Rebellion Ragna's Theme = 44100Hz). That's probably already a problem haha. There were character textures being used, but I never had a problem with those.

When using Final Destination with Ragna's Theme replacing Final Destination the song worked fine until about 0:45 1:10 where it turned into static. Maybe I just need to change the hertz.

When using battlefield with song Menu (SSBM) replaced by "Under Heaven Destruction - ragna vs jin" the song worked fine until about 1:00 where it was replaced by "One winged angel" which was a replacement of "credits (SSB)" on the Final Destination stage... That song worked fine though, haha.

Only 1 freeze - Norfair Marionation Gear replaced by Gouki/Akuma's theme. Marth with kefka texture and CPU G&W were used to test the song. No level textures, no items, 3 stock, no stock timer.

Oh, I replaced song file X02.brstm (which is menu 01 for the character select menu) with "clubbed to death" cropped short. The song worked under my music, but wouldn't actually play during the menu (all other menu songs were turned off).

I don't see a big problem. I'll probably redo the .brstm with less hertz and hopefully that'll work. Not complaining, by the way; I'm just reporting since this is still new :) Thanks so much for your hard work. I can only wish I had a SD card bigger than 256 megs... (My other for mah cam is 8, so the wii can't read it...)

Edit: The program I used to create the .brstm is here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240648

Joe T.E.

Smash Rookie
I got the code working perfectly. I only get a minor freeze or two when switching between different songs multiple times in a short timeframe. I was able to make the brtsm files just fine. Some custom ones have only slight looping issues, while one other looped perfectly. I also put in some brstm files I had from other Wii games(Mostly Mario Kart Wii and Pokemon Battle Revolution), and they worked perfectly due to already being 32000hz.

I also posted a youtube video of the code in action(Using the first song I put in), which also gives credit to Phantom Wings and contains a link to this thread in the description. Would any of you like to see it?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If you want, but I already posted a video two days ago.
Also, how do you get the .brstm files from other wii games?

Cyberman6

Smash Apprentice
When I used Androu1, and when I pressed enter after editing into a .WAV file for "Tatsunoko vs Capcom Opening_MPG", I get an error:
Extraneous Argument 'Capcom'
The syntax of the command is incorrect

I am not sure on what to do.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I have a question regarding textures (and I apologize if it's been asked before, as I would assume it has, but I didn't find it with a little bit of searching and the thread is pretty massive):

How do you texture hack Pokeball Pokemon, Assist Trophies, and Items? Do I make Pokemon/Assist Trophy/Item folders or something? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Also, thank you for putting up a music guide (I just saw it), I was looking EVERYWHERE for one shortly after I finished texture hacking but I never found one. I'm going to attempt to do it right now.

Joe T.E.

Smash Rookie
If you want, but I already posted a video two days ago.
Also, how do you get the .brstm files from other wii games?
I didn't rip the songs myself. I found them in a torrent that also had the Brawl .brstm files. And not all Wii games use the .brstm format, but the two I mentioned, along with some other Mario games(Like Mario Strikers Charged, Super Paper Mario and a few others possibly) do.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I have a question regarding textures (and I apologize if it's been asked before, as I would assume it has, but I didn't find it with a little bit of searching and the thread is pretty massive):

How do you texture hack Pokeball Pokemon, Assist Trophies, and Items? Do I make Pokemon/Assist Trophy/Item folders or something? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Also, thank you for putting up a music guide (I just saw it), I was looking EVERYWHERE for one shortly after I finished texture hacking but I never found one. I'm going to attempt to do it right now.
Pokeball Pokemon and Assist Trophies are found under PARTITION2>ITEM and are arranged by their japanese name.

Items are found under the common3_en.pac file. Please refer to VILE's guide" How to Edit Items With No Hexing" for more information.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Pokeball Pokemon and Assist Trophies are found under PARTITION2>ITEM and are arranged by their japanese name.

Items are found under the common3_en.pac file. Please refer to VILE's guide" How to Edit Items With No Hexing" for more information.
Okay, thanks a ton for the information. Now I can finally get myself an XD001 Lugia! Yay!

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Hmmm, when I set the hertz to 32000, my songs become slower too... I know some of you said that hertz has nothing to do with song rate. So to show what i did, i took screen caps of what I did. Any help would be appreciated.

1- Left speaker, unedited length of song = 4:00 ; 2- changed to mono ; 3 -setting the hertz ; 4-hertz @ 32000 ; 5- the song then becomes slower and elongates to 5:30

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/01MusicHack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/02MusicHack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/03MusicHack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/04MusicHack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Darkshadow7827/05MusicHack.jpg

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Phantom Wings said:
As I recall, I think the freezing had to do with Random selecting itself (or a blank space) after re-entering the CSS. It could be fixed by using the Custom Random code to explicitly specify the characters that Random is allowed to choose.
Quoted for important info. If you experience a freeze when you re-enter the CSS after a match or from going back from the Stage Select Screen, the above is the reason why.

tl;dr: Don't use random or use Custom random when using the music code.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeh, I just tried this method out (setting it up for a friend) and we didn't have any freezes at all, everything was perfect. So... (he also had textures btw) the code works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom