• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
ok so my directory path looks like this:

(SD ROOT):\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\YoukoTexPack\FIGHTER\(charatcer folders)

Im not sure what's wrong though. :(

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
I'm having issues. No textures are loading. My directory is fine, I believe:
(SD Drive):\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\(character)\fit(character)(number).pcs

I have the File Replacement code v2.1a added onto the current Brawlplussery codeset, and it doesn't seem to be working. All of the Brawlplussery codes work, so I know at least the GeckoOS is working and my .gct is fine, but I can't figure out why my textures won't load. I tried just the File Replacement code alone and it didn't work either. Does anyone have any ideas?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
1. make sure you don't have a gcn memory card in

2. make sure you have the latest version of gecko OS

3. make sure you're not using an SDHC (don't work with older versions of HBC

4. try the EX Brawl codeset (regular brawl, but lets you use textures, infinite replays, unrestricted camera, etc.)

5. put the gameconfig.txt file in the root of your SD card (its good to have anyway)

disguy

Smash Cadet
ok so i'm a newb to this but how to you set up the .gct? i tried copying the code posted and saved it as a .txt file but when i open it nothing shows up except the game name and when i click export to GCT it says no codes selected.

EDIT: nvm figured it out

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I noticed some places have been having more complicated textures that require extra codes to use, not that I care to use them, but in some cases I say I need BOTH a pcs and pac file, is that really necessary?
For some characters, the PAC file is required. This is because the character possesses a transformation.

Bowser, Wario, Zelda, Sheik, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Pokemon Trainer, Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur need both their PCS and PAC files.

Giga Bowser and Wario-Man need their PAC files too, but their PCS files only work if you're using codes that let you start a match as those two; without the proper codes, their PCS files are useless.

On a side note, ALL characters need their PAC files for All-Star, Subspace Emissary, and Boss Battles.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Huh. I must've had an outdated Gecko. I just downloaded the complete download with competitive textures from the Brawlplussery topic, and put whatever textures I wanted into the texture directory and it worked.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
For some characters, the PAC file is required. This is because the character possesses a transformation.

Bowser, Wario, Zelda, Sheik, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Pokemon Trainer, Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur need both their PCS and PAC files.

Giga Bowser and Wario-Man need their PAC files too, but their PCS files only work if you're using codes that let you start a match as those two; without the proper codes, their PCS files are useless.

On a side note, ALL characters need their PAC files for All-Star, Subspace Emissary, and Boss Battles.
Ahhh now I see, thanks.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
ok for some reason i cannot get any of my textures to load at all. Brawl+ loads up fine but none of my textures load at all. I know for a fact i have everything in the right place.

H:\private 2\wii\app\RSBE\pf\Fighter\"Insert Character Name here"

Ive changed all the file names to what they are supposed to be. ex: fitsamus00.pcs

Im so lost...

illinialex24

Smash Hero
ok for some reason i cannot get any of my textures to load at all. Brawl+ loads up fine but none of my textures load at all. I know for a fact i have everything in the right place.

Ive changed all the file names to what they are supposed to be. ex: fitsamus00.pcs

Im so lost...
No, you don't, it has to be private, not private 2

falco451

Smash Rookie
So no one has any insight on why some textures show up for both opponents online while some don't? It really makes no sense quite frankly!!!!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Im so lost...
Additionally, you also need the PAC file for Samus. If you don't, when you become Zero Suit Samus and then become Samus afterwards, you'll lose the texture that you had previously.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
i think i know where people are having trouble

when they download the textures, then extract, they are left with : "XFalconTexture"/"falconfit01.pcs"

they put both files in the fighter/character instead of just copying the the falconfit.PCS file.

that's what i did anyway, and yeah PAL working gooood :)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
hahaha yeah i just noticed it after i posted and i was like /facepalm. Thanks anyway. Sometimes my game freezes when im playing Doubles or 4 man FFA. Im assuming that it only happens when there are 4 or more characters on the screen. If there is anyway to keep that from happening i would love to know.

sallas09

Smash Cadet
I clicked the Private folder, and once I got past RSBE I see a folder called "rp" instead of "pf" and inside that is a bunch of other files, and idk what they're for. Should I just create an "rp" folder, and then put a "fighter" folder in that.?

jokey665

Smash Ace
I clicked the Private folder, and once I got past RSBE I see a folder called "rp" instead of "pf" and inside that is a bunch of other files, and idk what they're for. Should I just create an "rp" folder, and then put a "fighter" folder in that.?
rp is the folder for replays. you have to create the pf folder yourself. have you used a computer before today? if you have to have a certain folder, it's pretty obvious to just freaking make it if it isn't already there.

sallas09

Smash Cadet
rp is the folder for replays. you have to create the pf folder yourself. have you used a computer before today? if you have to have a certain folder, it's pretty obvious to just freaking make it if it isn't already there.
Was that really necesary? I just thought I didnt have it because of the chance that i'd need a different version of homebrew channel or gecko OS or something.

But thanks for answering my question I guess.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I apologize for not searching 160 pages, but can someone either tell me how to set up the .gct in codemanager or just send me theirs? I totally don't get this. I'll be on MSN if someone wants to donate.

donferd_donster

Smash Cadet
For the characters that need their .pac files If I downloaded the .pcs texture for that character but a .pac wasnt provided what can I do about that? Am I unable to use that texture if I only have the .pcs and not the .pac?

Curlz

Smash Lord
I did everything on the first page but it keeps freezing before I start the match.
I'm assuming I'm doing the Code Manager wrong. Can someone help me. I'll be on AIM.
thanks.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Gecko OS is no longer a valid Wii application? Help please?

Oh, I see! :)

I redownloaded a newer version of Gecko, and now it works fine! Thanks guys :)

Tysp

Smash Rookie
Hey, I have homebrew and geckoOS set up, and I thought I had followed all the directions correctly but whenever I launch Brawl in geckoOS I have an SD card error, the screen momentarily flashes bright green and the normal game starts. I'm assuming it's because the RSBE01.gct code isn't loading properly, but I'm sure I've saved it correctly, though it is only in G:/codes. Can anyone give me some insight?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Hey, I have homebrew and geckoOS set up, and I thought I had followed all the directions correctly but whenever I launch Brawl in geckoOS I have an SD card error, the screen momentarily flashes bright green and the normal game starts. I'm assuming it's because the RSBE01.gct code isn't loading properly, but I'm sure I've saved it correctly, though it is only in G:/codes. Can anyone give me some insight?
do you have a gcn memory card in?

Tysp

Smash Rookie
No, but it looks like sometimes when I restart the wii it boots up with bootmii and no controllers respond so I reset it again and the wii starts normally or in homebrew.

Tysp

Smash Rookie
I got rid of the bootmii and tried 1.3 codes but I still got the SD error message on GeckoOS. I still think it's either a problem with the codes or maybe my SD? I'm using a SanDisk SDHC 4GB card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom