• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
as I freaken said I NEED THE PAL VERSION OF COMMON5.PAC AND I CANT DOWNLOAD THE FREAKIN ISO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COULD SOMEONE LINK ME UP TO THIS PLEASE IM BEGGING!!

Edit: The textures work just not the CSP's :'(
Rip your own ISO.

If I am allowed to say this...I have Wii version 4.0, I did boot mii, and chose only to download Homebrew, it works, but how do I run Gecko OS on it, I tried and it wouldn't work.
Yes you are, once Homebrew is installed SWF doesn't have issues with this.

Anyway, extract GeckOS and find the folder called "apps". Copy this to the root of the SD card, or if you already have a folder called apps, copy the folder inside of it to the apps folder.

.Revan.

Smash Rookie
Alright I've got everything sorted out properly.
Every file is named Fit[name][#]
But some characters like to freeze on me or stop the match before it starts.
Is there anything in specific that causes the textures from loading and is a best bet having everyone's .pac file even though they aren't needed for every character?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Alright I've got everything sorted out properly.
Every file is named Fit[name][#]
But some like to freeze on me or stop the match before it starts.
Is there anything in specific that causes the textures from loading and is a best bet having everyone's .pac file even though they aren't needed for every character?
Yes it is, it also is required for single player modes. However, some textures are glitched so yeah....

.Revan.

Smash Rookie
Also do I need just 1 pac file for each character or 1 for every texture?
And is there a program that could tell if the texture is glitched?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Also do I need just 1 pac file for each character or 1 for every texture?
And is there a program that could tell if the texture is glitched?
Try Smash Box, if a character texture doesn't open well you have an issue. Also, if you see texture data in models or model data in textures its obviously glitched. Some are less obvious, like I had a wolf texture that lost frames every time he pressed laser.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
So I've tried downloading the Red Thunder texture for Pikachu, got it from KittyCorp.
When I unzipped it, it had two files, fitpikachu.pac and thunderfitpikachumotionetc.pac .

When I try to use both codes, or one of them individualy, Pikachu can't "say" things anymore, like if he does Thunder, he never yells out "PIKA!", just silence and you only hear the effect from the move. The thunder does become red though.

I was supposed to remove the thunder part from thunderfitpikachumotionetc.pac file name right? because that's what I did.

The same also sometimes happens to sometimes when I try to apply Aura Effect for Lucario, it hasn't happened lately, but it has happened before. It never happens when I have the Red Slash effect for Ike Applied, he's all good.

Necrostrike

Smash Rookie
This is a good question. The 2.1a codes for PAL don't work, instead use these:

Thats the 1.3 code and its the last fully working code for PAL.
I already did that, but it didn't work either. What I found curious is that, when I dilberately named the codes RSBE01.gct, Gecko OS had no problems at all launching Brawl, but of course the texture codes didn't apply.
On another forum I read that the codes only work for a US Brawl version, is that true for the 1.3 codes as well?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I already did that, but it didn't work either. What I found curious is that, when I dilberately named the codes RSBE01.gct, Gecko OS had no problems at all launching Brawl, but of course the texture codes didn't apply.
On another forum I read that the codes only work for a US Brawl version, is that true for the 1.3 codes as well?
For the PAL version of Brawl, you need to name the code file as RSBP01.gct. RSBE01.gct is only for the NTSC versions of Brawl.

Mega Yoshi

Smash Cadet
ok another problem... im trying to extract the CSP from the Common5.pac. but everytime I run CUPASH extract it closes before it starts extracting.... Is there a way to fix this? I renamed it to Common5_en.pac

Mega Yoshi

Smash Cadet
Yes, I know. I tried those many times before. Still, I have no idea why the screen just turns black after Gecko OS loaded and Brawl should usually start...
Have you exeeded the 256 code line limit? *I think its 256 anyway* if you have any other codes hut the ones you need take em off and try again

illinialex24

Smash Hero
ok another problem... im trying to extract the CSP from the Common5.pac. but everytime I run CUPASH extract it closes before it starts extracting.... Is there a way to fix this? I renamed it to Common5_en.pac
Try getting common5_en.pac, the real one, a US ISO, change all the CSP's for the english one, add it to the ISO, and patch this to PAL. It works.

Yes, I know. I tried those many times before. Still, I have no idea why the screen just turns black after Gecko OS loaded and Brawl should usually start...

Depends on what version, new versions don't really have code limits.

the5souls

Smash Cadet
Hi again illinaialex! Thanks for all your help and time and everything!

Well, I managed to fix my problem, I guess you can only extract (with step1_extract) Fit[----]00.pac files, not any other costume file (like Fit[----]03.pac or Fit[----]02.pac).

Now I have a new problem. When I ran step2_create for my Metaknight textures, only a __new.pac file was outputted, no __new.pcs file at all. I changed the index for the needed files and everything, but, still, only a .pac file was create and no .pcs file.

Any ideas?

donferd_donster

Smash Cadet
umm I have a question, For the characters that need their .pac files, does that mean I need one for each different texture that I use? and if not what do I do if the .pac file isnt provided with the .pcs. Lastly what is this common5.pac??

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone tell me why we HAVE to run TGA files through CUPASH?

Why can't they just give the files in the downloads to us AFTER they were run through it?

wangston

Smash Lord
Every now and then my game freezes. I don't have the pac files for some of my characters is this the cause of the freezing?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
you forgot game and watch in the 01, 02 ,03 ,00 thingy
All 6 of Mr. G&W's recolors are stored in the texture file, FitGameWatch00. It should also be noted that making custom textures for Mr. G&W will affect all of his color slots. Fortunately, Kitty Corp. member Picano created a program called the GWitizer Beta, which counters that dilemma.

What the GWitizer Beta does is enable you to compose your own recolors for Mr. G&W for each of his color slots. This includes his body, the outline of his body, and the colors and outlines of the attack effects.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Whenever I load brawl+, Gecko reads my SD card and doesn't find any codes at first, but eventually it will say "SD codes found, Applying". When I start the actual game, none of the textures that I downloaded appear and I can only play normal brawl.

Then I checked my sd card and I went into the codes folder. I thought that code manager caused this. so I deleted it.

tldr version: Do you need code manager installed on your sd card after you already applied the texture code to your sd card?

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Uh, I've been doing some research, and I got absolutely nothing.

So I'll ask here.

I got a code that makes every attack do fire damage. I wanted to recolor this fire. Does anyone know which file on the iso would contain the pac for universal fire effects?

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I load brawl+, Gecko reads my SD card and doesn't find any codes at first, but eventually it will say "SD codes found, Applying". When I start the actual game, none of the textures that I downloaded appear and I can only play normal brawl.

Then I checked my sd card and I went into the codes folder. I thought that code manager caused this. so I deleted it.

tldr version: Do you need code manager installed on your sd card after you already applied the texture code to your sd card?
I'm going to assume that all of your codes/textures are in the proper folder locations. If they aren't, go look in the texture database thread for a tutorial.

Are your CODES being applied though? (not the textures). If codes are being applied but textures aren't, it's because your SD card is HC (meaning it's larger than 2GB). The Wii is stup
id and won't be able to use textures if your SD card is HC.

And no, after you've applied the codes to your SD card and they're in the codes folder as a .gct file, you don't need codemanager assuming you don't ever want to change your codes again. If you're doing something to the codes after you take the SD card out of the PC before they get applied in Gecko, then that could be the cause, but I really doubt you're doing that.

TLDR: find an SD card that's 2GB or less.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
My codes are being applied, but not the textures. Is there any way to have both working?
I'm pretty sure my sd card is a standard 2gb one for the Wii.

falco451

Smash Rookie
So my friend and I have been messing with textures online and have no idea why some of them are working and some are not, we both are using the Brawl+ codeset and these texture replacements shown below. Now out of these, only textures for Snake, Samus, Bowser, Peach, Wario, and Pokemon Trainer work. (that is, when my friend uses it, I can see it too, and vice versa.....with everyone else, I can see my own costume I've picked but he can't). ZSS also works except for one texture (Taki replacing 03). Anyone have any idea what could be the case here?

Code:
Captain Falcon
00 - Normal - Protoman
01 - Blood Hawk - Captain America
02 - Green - Captain Obama
03 - Blue - Hayabusa
04 - Dark - Viewtiful Captain
05 - Pink - Venom

Dedede
02 - Green - Wart
05 - Purple - Dark Dedede
06 - Pink - Communist

Diddy
03 - Blue - Wakko Warner

Donkey
01 - Blue tie - Dry Dk
02 - Green - Funky Kong

Falco
01 - Red - Hawkmouth
02 - Green - Roasted Turkey

Fox
01 - Red - Crash Bandicoot
02 - Green - Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII)
03 - Light Blue - Vegeta
05 - Lavender - Wolf

Ganondorf
01 - Red - Dark Ganon (k he's just really black)
02 - Green - Magneto
03 - Blue - Sigma
04 - Grey Hair - Santa
05 - Dark - Zombie

Ice Climbers
01 - Light Blue - Evil Climbers
02 - Green - Ice Mages
03 - White - Ice Pimps

Ike
01 - Red - Cloud Strife
02 - Green - Roy
03 - Blue - Squall Leonhart

Kirby
00 - Normal - Mallow
01 - Red - AWESOME face
02 - Green - Bob-omb
03 - Blue - Boo
04 - Yellow - Pokeball
05 - White - HDF (don't look at me like that)

Lucario
01 - Dark Blue - Mickey
02 - Green - Mewtwo

Bowser
01 - Red - Shoop da Whoop (UNVERIFIED)
03 - Blue - NES Bowser
04 - Dark Green - Tubba Blubba
05 - Pale - Zombie

Link
00 - Normal - Snake
01 - Red - Fierce Deity
03 - Blue - Twilight Remix
05 - Lavender - Zero
06 - Gold - Ninja

Lucas
01 - Red - Dr. Mario
02 - Green - Joker
03 - Blue - Agent J (Elite Beat Agents)
04 - Yellow/Green- Oompa Loompa
05 - Purple - Sweeney Todd

Luigi
01 - Red - Team Rocket

Mario
02 - Green - Dry Mario
03 - Purple - Mr M
04 - Yellow - NES Mario
05 - Brown - Paper Machete Mario
06 - Fire Flower - Zombie

Marth
01 - Red - Kadaj (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children)
02 - Green - Royal Purple
03 - Light Blue - Leon Magnus

Meta - Knight
01 - Red - Curse Knight
02 - Green - Jason
04 - White - Racer X
05 - Purple - Sir Kibble

Ness
02 - Green - Parappa the Rapper
03 - Blue hat - Charlie Brown
04 - Yellow hat - Fresh Prince
05 - White hat - Megaman
06 - Pink hat - Pokemon Trainer

Peach
00 - Normal - NES Peach
01 - Red - Lulu (Final Fantasy X)
02 - Green - Ulala (Space Channel 5)
03 - Blue - Supergirl
04 - White - Ashley (Wario Ware)
05 - Daisy - Princess Shroob (Mario & Luigi)

Pikachu
00 - Original - Raichu (****ty one at that)
01 - Cap - Pedochu
02 - Bandana - Bogard (idk wtf, looks like a trainer)
03 - Googles - Moogle

Olimar
02 - Green - Tingle
04 - White - President Olimar

Pit
01 - Red - Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
02 - Green - Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX)
03 - Blue - Vyse (Skies of Arcadia)
04 - Gold - Dry Pit

Pokemon Trainer
01 - Red (ridley charizard, krillin squirtle, kraid ivysaur)
02 - Green (rayquaza charizard,rafael squirtle, kraken ivysaur)

Jigglypuff (purin)
01 - Flower - AWESOME face
02 - sleep hat - Captain Falcon
03 - Sunhat - Venonat
04 - White hat- Scarfy

R.O.B.
02 - Green - WallE
03 - Blue - Gamecube Rob
04 - Lavender - Omega
05 - Gold - C3PO

Samus
00 - Normal - Cell Shaded Samus
01 - Pink - Light Suit
02 - Green - Master Chief
03 - Fusion/Blue - Terminator (metallic)
04 - Purple - NES Bomberman
05 - Brown - SA-X

Zero Suit Samus
00 - Normal - Justin Bailey
01 - Blue - Rikku (Final Fantasy X-2)
02 - Pink - Leela (Futurama)
03 - Green - Taki (Soul Calibur II) (it was actually on 3)
04 - Purple - NES Bomberman
05 - Black - SA-X

Snake
02 - Green - Old Snake (MGS4)
03 - Blue - Naked Snake (UNVERIFIED)
04 - Grey - Raymond Bryce (Disaster Day of Crisis?)

Sonic
00 - White - Metal Sonic
01 - Red - Shadow
02 - Green - Super Sonic
04 - Yellow - Chaos
05 - Black - Mario

Toon Link
00 - Normal - LTTP Link
01 - Red - Cel Shaded (aka done right)
03 - Blue - That blue dude from Oracle of Ages
04 - Purple - Geno (Super Mario RPG)
05 - Green/Brown - Shy Guy

Wario
01 - Red (Warioware) - Fire Flower
02 - Yellow (Warioware) - Zombie
07 - Red (Classic) - Dr. Robotnik (changed this to 7 I'm pretty sure it freezes if you add it as a Wario Ware Costume)

Yoshi
00 - Green - Tuxedo
01 - Red - Blarg
03 - Blue - Boshi
04 - Yellow - Cheesasaurous Rex
05 - Pink - Dry
06 - Light Blue - Barney

Zelda
01 - Pink - Hyrluean Dress?
02 - Green - Kasumi
03 - Purple - Tifa (Advent Children)

diddydan18

Smash Rookie
i got everything set up and the game starts up but it freezes when im choosing a character.
did i do something wrong??

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042

Sounds like an issue I originally had. Are your files named properly? Fit*character**number*.pcs/.pac?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
My codes are being applied, but not the textures. Is there any way to have both working?
I'm pretty sure my sd card is a standard 2gb one for the Wii.
make sure that: the private folder is orgainized: private<wii<app<RSBE<pf<fighter
or u have a SDHC memory card, which will not work for the game.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Ok I think I figured out one of my problems: I used stack smash textures which are .rar files so the game wont read it.

Is it possible to play Brawl+ with texture hacks?

jokey665

Smash Ace
Ok I think I figured out one of my problems: I used stack smash textures which are .rar files so the game wont read it.

Is it possible to play Brawl+ with texture hacks?
It still boggles my mind that there are people who use computers but don't know what .rar files are. Download winrar or 7zip and extract them to get the actual texture files.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Now I'm using Youko's Complete texture pack and I just want to play Brawl+ with texture hacks on. Is it possible to do so?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
oh for gods sake, YES! it says it in the code that it supports textures. you have to extract the .rar files and put the pac/pcs files in their specific character folders.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I noticed some places have been having more complicated textures that require extra codes to use, not that I care to use them, but in some cases I say I need BOTH a pcs and pac file, is that really necessary?

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
I already have the .rar texture files converted to .pac/.pcs files, but how do I combine it with Brawl+ hacks? I'm pretty sure that you can only have one file named RSBE01.gct, but Brawl+ and the file replacement code have to be named RSBE01, right? How do I get those 2 code sets working together?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I already have the .rar texture files converted to .pac/.pcs files, but how do I combine it with Brawl+ hacks? I'm pretty sure that you can only have one file named RSBE01.gct, but Brawl+ and the file replacement code have to be named RSBE01, right? How do I get those 2 code sets working together?
B+ HAS the file replacement code in it. you only need the B+ gct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom