• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Wait maybe I said it wrong...
I mean: The pal codes aren't working yet, but illinialex said that they work on 1.3
And my question is: Are they still working on the codes so that they work on 3.2?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
In the US does it matter if I have 4.0? because I followed these steps down to the letter and I've got nothing.
And I have brawl+ and that's working perfectly as well.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ok... I'm having some problems, and I have a few questions...

Texture hacks aren't working for Bowser. Every other character in the game is just fine, but the Bowser ones won't load. I made sure that I named the folder and files all correctly, but they still won't work. I'm guessing it might have something to do with .pac files, but... The hacks don't work from the very beginning... I'm pretty sure the .pac files are just so that whenever the character transforms, the hack isn't lost when changing back... I dunno... Maybe someone here can explain it...

I downloaded the shiny Pokemon trainer hacks from StackSmash... However, I liked the Shiny Charizard from ]EE[ better than StackSmash's... So I tried just putting in the ]EE[ to see if it would work... Of course, it didn't... >.> I'm guessing this also has to do something with the .pac files, since the texture hack will work at first, but then when I switch Pokemon, it dissapears... Is there any way I can get the Shiny Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Trainer from SS to work with the Shiny Charizard from ]EE[? D:

Also... So I guess I have to do something special to apply a texture hack to G&W or something? Could someone please explain this?

yoshq

Smash Master
I've done all this and more, even tried copying my friend's files whos' textures work, and it still freezes up on gecko os after "sd codes found. applying". need some serious help here, nothing is working.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
The majority of the time that freezes because your going over the line limit, but that shouldn't be a problem in the new gecko as long as you have our version of the gameconfig.txt

yoshq

Smash Master
I do have the right gameconfig, and I just tried loading with gecko 1.8. it didn't freeze, but no codes loaded and the textures didn't work. I'm only using those 4 codes you're supposed to, and I can't find that custom stage one if I need that.
edit: I tried using just the one at the beginning of this thread, plus the one in the pf folder. I'm confused now as to what to do.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I've done all this and more, even tried copying my friend's files whos' textures work, and it still freezes up on gecko os after "sd codes found. applying". need some serious help here, nothing is working.
I have a similar problem I'll load up Brawl+ perfectly but the textures just won't show up, and I got them from a friend who says they all work (heck, he's got pics).

We seem to have more questions then answers anyone know a guy who knows what they're talking about to come here and kinda answer all these questions? I'll give them a cookie!! You know you want it!(But seriously I really wanna get this working)

ToonRaZeR

Smash Rookie
What for Codes have I to copy in the Wii Cheat Code Manager? And how? Have I to make it into the "codes" folder?

Thanks

RistarSonic

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I've got a problem. I'm a PAL user and I try to get the SD Loader to work. I downloaded the MLX Texture pack with .cps files. I unzipped that pack and I place the folder on the root of the sd card. (the folder with the .csp files: png. and .tga) and I place the folder ,,pf'' with the textures (.pcs and .pac) to \private\wii\app\RSBP\ in the sd card. Allright,I have the usb loader GX. I activate the code and I started the game.On the game I can't see the new character pictures (.cps ) ! I think,that I have no new texture in that game too....So,why it didn't work? Please help me ! :(

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I've got a problem. I'm a PAL user and I try to get the SD Loader to work. I downloaded the MLX Texture pack with .cps files. I unzipped that pack and I place the folder on the root of the sd card. (the folder with the .csp files: png. and .tga) and I place the folder ,,pf'' with the textures (.pcs and .pac) to \private\wii\app\RSBP\ in the sd card. Allright,I have the usb loader GX. I activate the code and I started the game.On the game I can't see the new character pictures (.cps ) ! I think,that I have no new texture in that game too....So,why it didn't work? Please help me ! :(
The file responsible for having different csp's is common5.pac (which is located in the System folder). However, I found this in a topic from AiB:
"PAL USERS: You will need to acquire a common5_pal.pac for this to work on your game. I don't currently have one or know where to get it for you so google is your friend. If I do happen to fall into one, I'll post it here. " [Link to the thread] You can find it under "CSP and HUD Modifications".
So if you don't have that file, you don't see any changes on the character select screen.

I'm kinda new to this (and I have the same problem with the csp's), so that's all I know about that.

solecalibur

Smash Master
already looked through 5 pages and didnt find my answer so i might as well ask here
I got my character textures down and added in game but now when I try to add stages it does not work my folders go private > Wii > app > RSBE > pf > Stage > Melee
and in the melee folder id put something like STGFinal.pac and when i try to load that stage (any other stage works) it beeps at me or freezes

EDIT - tryed another stage from a different website and it works

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
Ok thanks :/ Please guys...Give me a download link for the common_pal.pac! :(
I haven't found one either (I tried google really)... Right now I'm hopefully able to get one by getting it from the ISO file, so if it works, I can send it to you if you want (but you have to edit the file yourself (there are guides about this) to get the csp's in it you want).

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
i tested the pal codeset for v2.1a and the first one works fine so far. i'd suggest to integrate it in the op before it gets lost in the abyss of this thread ;)

n88

Smash Lord
Could someboidy tell me how to set up the gct with Code manager?

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Can someone explain how to use CUPASH if your not making you own Portraits? do I still need to go through the whole process of ripping the originals out, by that do I also then need those certain files that weren't included to even compile tga's I have? I have a common_en.pac file how big should it be so I know I got the right thing?

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
this was probably asked before, but i really dont want to check 130 pages to find my answer.

i'm having trouble with the textures for Squirtle, Ivy and charizard. which folder do i put the .pacs and .pcs in? do i put them all into the same folder or do i make a folder for each individual pokemon?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
this was probably asked before, but i really dont want to check 130 pages to find my answer.

i'm having trouble with the textures for Squirtle, Ivy and charizard. which folder do i put the .pacs and .pcs in? do i put them all into the same folder or do i make a folder for each individual pokemon?
Its in the first post. Read it before asking a question.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
So um...how do I use the file replacement code. I have codemgr, but I don't know what yo do.

Ricomagik

Smash Rookie
Can someone explain how to use CUPASH if your not making you own Portraits? do I still need to go through the whole process of ripping the originals out, by that do I also then need those certain files that weren't included to even compile tga's I have? I have a common_en.pac file how big should it be so I know I got the right thing?
If you are trying to edit the Character Select Picture you are fine. If you are tring to edit the in-game pictures you need the some other file. You put the common5_en.pac in the needed files then Do step number 1. Then you put your csps in the newfile folder. Pm me if you need more help.;)

Grand_q8

Smash Rookie
i got a ques please i need an answer

private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter

in those folders should there be files in it or just empty

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
i got a ques please i need an answer

private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter

in those folders should there be files in it or just empty
The fighter folder must contain the folders for the characters that you want to use textures for. Look back at the primary post to know what each folder needs to be called.

The texture files will be stored in those folders. Just make sure that the textures are stored in their appropriate folders.

Grand_q8

Smash Rookie
i mean those folders are just empty its just that private got folder wii and folder wii got inside app folder etc...
so i mean is there a file that must be inside them or i got everything
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/

Kasper!

Smash Lord
my folders ae going in the order of private/wii/title/rzdp and then a bin file called data.bin

help needed plz?? my one is different?

Chali

Smash Cadet
i mean those folders are just empty its just that private got folder wii and folder wii got inside app folder etc...
so i mean is there a file that must be inside them or i got everything
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/
Yes yours is fine, unless you're doing some other hacks that require you to have something in them.

my folders ae going in the order of private/wii/title/rzdp and then a bin file called data.bin

help needed plz?? my one is different?
just make the app folder inside of the wii folder but leave what's already in there since it's probably for a different game or save.

Grand_q8

Smash Rookie
^
im doing it for color texture do i need something else other than those i mentioned

3. Open code manager and get the four codes below and set up your .gct (If you don't know how to do this, just ask someone in the thread, I'm sure they can help! Or you can just create a text file and import it into the code manager).
i cant do that step i get error whats wrong

when i do change this File Replacment: v2.1a[Phantom Wings] to .gct

i wouldnt change "error or invild code or something like that"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom