• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble and would really appreciate some help. I'm going to be as specific as possible. Right now, my test setup looks like this:

E:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\sonic\FitSonic04.pcs

By sacrificing my Brawlplusery 4.0 setup and using these codes from the video (which was extremely helpful by the way), I was able to successfully load the texture during a Brawl:

File Replacement V1.3
Disable Custom Stages V1.1
Dynamic SD Loader V1.1
SD Files

Now, here are my problems:
1) I would like to play the latest version of Brawl+ with textures. My current setup doesn't allow for this so if it's possible to do so, could someone explain to me how?
2) The texture doesn't show up on my character select screen. Am I missing a file or something that's making this happen?

Once again, thank you to anyone for taking the time to help out.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm having trouble and would really appreciate some help. I'm going to be as specific as possible. Right now, my test setup looks like this:

By sacrificing my Brawlplusery 4.0 setup and using these codes from the video (which was extremely helpful by the way), I was able to successfully load the texture during a Brawl:

File Replacement V1.3
Dynamic SD Loader V1.1
SD Files

1) I would like to play the latest version of Brawl+ with textures. My current setup doesn't allow for this so if it's possible to do so, could someone explain to me how?
2) The texture doesn't show up on my character select screen. Am I missing a file or something that's making this happen?

1. Look up the topic for snapshot hacking, or double gct loading (I haven't used them so I'm not sure about the differences/which is better). You put the texture codes and the snapshot/double loader codes in one of the gcts, and you use that to load the second one which contains B+.
2. Yes, you are missing the character selection portraits. Instructions on how to get them have been posted about 200 times in this topic.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Well, if it's not attached to anything important, you could opt to not load the texture with his hair in it. Not sure how viable that is, since I haven't looked at Snake's files yet.
the texture with his hair... well it's for his entire head... so that's kinda out of the question

i just don't understand why it doesn't compile correctly when i try to change that specifically, something with the transparency of it maybe... i guess i should try and find someone who's removed some of the hair and stuff before...

Sukai

Smash Champion

File Replacement V1.3
Dynamic SD Loader V1.1
SD Files

For use with Brawl+, using the double gct method (which I'm assuming you're aware of) you put the File Replacement 1.3 and Disable Custom Stages in the codeset that goes in <sd folder>/private/wii/app/rsbe/pf folder.
The loaders codes are in the /codes gct file, so you don't need to worry about them.
For Character selection pictures, you need the CSPs for each character and the "common5_en.pac" and some other instructions that someone else can assist you with.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So did you guys hear that G&W's texture hacks are now possible?

http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/?p=4202

Before anyone asks any questions, this is Dhragen’s test of a new technique discovered by IkeLawliet of FitArtifex (http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/brawlhost/fitartifex/). Game & Watch’s emerald textures have just that, textures. Which means you can screw around with them like anything else. Emerald textures can go in any slot, but, for Game & Watch they replace all the slots. You can only have one hack with G&W, but this is an improvement over having, say, none. Since the whole “goes in any slot” thing applies to all emerald characters, I figure I may as well bring up another point. The emerald characters have a trippy reflective effect. This means you can make hacks with trippy reflective effects. We will be making use of this in the future; just FYI. Also, “emerald textures” are the textures from the Great Maze used in fights before anyone asks. Comment on this new development why don’t you? We’re almost on the verge of cracking Sonic’s mysterious hue as well. BigSharkZ of EliteSmashHackers (http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/) is doing most of the work on that.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
That must have been my problem. I don't use 2.0 (since it kept freezing on me), and it was Squirtle that desynced the game. Now I'm torn on what to do. :(
That's why you use 2.1a or whatever it is, which fixes the startup freezing problem.

V-K

Smash Ace
Hey, guys I need help.

I play Brawl+ with textures (I downloaded MLX´s pack) and the textures work very well but I got no portraits in the char selection screen.

But after a fight in the screen where all stats are shown there are definitely the portraits so why not in the character roster?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Hey, guys I need help.

I play Brawl+ with textures (I downloaded MLX´s pack) and the textures work very well but I got no portraits in the char selection screen.

But after a fight in the screen where all stats are shown there are definitely the portraits so why not in the character roster?
Rename common5_en.pac to common5.pac

Fixed your problem??

It should be in pf/system

If thats not your issue, then talk to me.

blazer222

Smash Rookie
I got the actual costume to work but is it possible to change the picture at the bottom of the screen during the actual match?

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys I need help.

I'm not sure MLX's pack has CSPs. I tried it and it was missing some folders. I think CSPs belong in the portrite folder which is missing.
EDIT:
X: Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\system\common5.pac
X: Private\Wii\App\RSBE\pf\info\portrite\InfFace###.brres
X: Private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu\common\char_bust_tex\MenSelchrFaceB###.brres
Yep. MLX is missing a portrite folder.
Also lol 1337th post.

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
Is the .pac file the portrait while the .pcs is the texture itself? Just out of curiousity because my textures are workin fine. :laugh:

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Is the .pac file the portrait while the .pcs is the texture itself? Just out of curiousity because my textures are workin fine. :laugh:
The pacs are needed for transformations and single player modes. The pcs is the texture. Pacs are if you want to edit the texture.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Ok, so I finished a texture (for Falco) and converted it back into a .pcs file. However, it froze upon loading in the game. I'm not sure where I messed up. I indexed all of the files that were not already indexed, and ash didn't give me any errors when I converted the .tga's back into the .pcs file.

On another note, when I drop the .pcs into Iz77ex and convert the .pcs.out into a .pac, ASH refuses to break down the .pac again. I'm getting a file size invalid error. Anybody know how to fix this?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ok, so I finished a texture (for Falco) and converted it back into a .pcs file. However, it froze upon loading in the game. I'm not sure where I messed up. I indexed all of the files that were not already indexed, and ash didn't give me any errors when I converted the .tga's back into the .pcs file.

On another note, when I drop the .pcs into Iz77ex and convert the .pcs.out into a .pac, ASH refuses to break down the .pac again. I'm getting a file size invalid error. Anybody know how to fix this?
Don't exit out of the program, wait for it to close. It should be almost double the size.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
From what I've heard, no, you can use it just like 1.3 without Disabling Custom Stages.
So, wait... you can keep the folders in the same directory with the new code and not have to move them to the root of the SD Card?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Is that Santa Puff for Metatitan? I know he was asking me questions about it, but unfortunately I didn't know where to get the .pac for Jigg's sleepy-time hat.

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
I'm having some trouble with the pokemon trainer hacks. I've followed the tutorial all the way through and I've been successful with altering the textures of characters such as lucario and captain falcon, but I can't change the textures of squirtle, ivysaur, nor charizard. I've made their own folders and I place their .pcs and .pac file in their respective folders but their textures remain the same. I'm at a loss. May someone tell me what to do? Hehe

Defect

Smash Rookie
yea can someone help me

im having trouble with my gecko OS

it loads the background but the menu doesnt show up and it seems to freeze

anyone know why and how can i fix this?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm having some trouble with the pokemon trainer hacks. I've followed the tutorial all the way through and I've been successful with altering the textures of characters such as lucario and captain falcon, but I can't change the textures of squirtle, ivysaur, nor charizard. I've made their own folders and I place their .pcs and .pac file in their respective folders but their textures remain the same. I'm at a loss. May someone tell me what to do? Hehe
Are your folders named after the pokemon's japanese names? (Zenigame, Fushiguiso, Lizardon)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
yea can someone help me

im having trouble with my gecko OS

it loads the background but the menu doesnt show up and it seems to freeze

anyone know why and how can i fix this?
Two very common troubleshooting issues with this:

First, do you have two Gamecube memory cards plugged in? This is the most common problem. You can only have one GC memory card plugged in at a time, sadly...

Second - and this might seem silly, but you never know - is te SD card plugged in correctly? I would presume that it is, but I figured it'd be worth asking.

Finally, if neither of those things help, try reinstalling it.

Hope this helps.

Defect

Smash Rookie
Two very common troubleshooting issues with this:

First, do you have two Gamecube memory cards plugged in? This is the most common problem. You can only have one GC memory card plugged in at a time, sadly...

Second - and this might seem silly, but you never know - is te SD card plugged in correctly? I would presume that it is, but I figured it'd be worth asking.

Finally, if neither of those things help, try reinstalling it.

Hope this helps.
thank you so much

it was the gc memory cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom