• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
So, wait... you can keep the folders in the same directory with the new code and not have to move them to the root of the SD Card?
I've been using 2.1a with no troubles. I haven't bothered making the portraits though so I don't know how well it works with that.

Thank you to everyone who helped out, it's much appreciated.

HntrDrizzt

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to get straight exactly how to integrate the texture hack into brawl+ and if it is possible to load vBrawl with just the texture hack.

To start out I have B+ v4.0 codeset installed to my sd card and launched through geckoos. The two gct files are located in F:/code/RSBE01.gct and F:/private/wii/APP/pf/RSBE01.gct (or whatever the exact path is)

So as I understand you have to add the texture code to the first gct file i mentioned and put all the textures in a character folder in the pf folder. My question would be this:
1) does the 4.0 codeset allow over 256 lines of code. If so do i need a program to edit the texture hack in and save the new gct file and if not, what is the most simple way to go about it. (Also the most recent codelist for texture hack would help, i have seen several versions)
2) Is there a way to choose which codeset you load with geckoos so I can decide if I want to play vBrawl with textures or B+ with textures

Basically the most basic way to go about the texture hack. Thanks a bunch.

V-K

Smash Ace
I just wanted to get straight exactly how to integrate the texture hack into brawl+ and if it is possible to load vBrawl with just the texture hack.

To start out I have B+ v4.0 codeset installed to my sd card and launched through geckoos. The two gct files are located in F:/code/RSBE01.gct and F:/private/wii/APP/pf/RSBE01.gct (or whatever the exact path is)

So as I understand you have to add the texture code to the first gct file i mentioned and put all the textures in a character folder in the pf folder. My question would be this:
1) does the 4.0 codeset allow over 256 lines of code. If so do i need a program to edit the texture hack in and save the new gct file and if not, what is the most simple way to go about it. (Also the most recent codelist for texture hack would help, i have seen several versions)
2) Is there a way to choose which codeset you load with geckoos so I can decide if I want to play vBrawl with textures or B+ with textures

Basically the most basic way to go about the texture hack. Thanks a bunch.
You could use the Screenshot Loader.
It loads only the textures and if you want to play Brawl+ you have to go to the album and select the Brawl+ snapshot file.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
For some reason, my Ice Climbers custom texture freezes the game. Is there any reason for this to happen? I'm using Version 1.3 of the File Replacement. And the codes seem to work for other characters just fine, still.

shinato91

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I have a question, do I have to create a different .pac file for every texture even if it's for the same character? Or can I create it only once and rename it 01 02 etc. for every texture?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Update: I just tried it with 2.1 (by the way, the OP should be updated with that sometime this year), and it DID load the game... but the ENTIRE SCREEN got completely glitched out. Something is seriously off with the IC pac.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Okay, so yeah... wow. I tried both versions of the code and even someone else's IC file, and it just doesn't want to load. I have no idea why, but I'll have to break the news to Barge...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Except most of them are lack luster because they weren't finished.

Sonic for example
Sure a lot of them aren't great quality, but like most texture artists they have a few that really stand out above the rest.

Shadow, Dry Bowser, and heartless Diddy come to mind instantly.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
not every texture is game friendly. when the texture swap code was first released, i used it in many combinations, freezing my wii several times (even though the game normally does things for particular texture problems)

HntrDrizzt

Smash Rookie
So i have a question regarding playing brawl+ with the texture hacks. I have my files set up like so:

In the codes folder I have my gct file with SD files, Dynamic SD loader, File replacement, and disable custom stages and the last line is the load and execute codes from snapshot. That is all of the gct file i have in the codes folder.

Then for my bin file i did the following. I took the brawl+ v4.0 beta codeset and formatted it in notepad in order to save it as a b+ file. In BrawlPlus Tweaker I took the b+ file i created and added the unrestricted pause and replay camera to it. From here i saved it as a gct file and then converted it to a bin file (never asked anything about sdkeys). So i have this bin file in my private/wii/APP/RSBE/al folder.

Now I believe this is all correct but the problem comes when i try to load the game. I open geckoos and select load game. From here i dont see any place to select the proper snapshot file or anything but instead just loads the game as normal with the texture hacks. So i need to know how to load the texture hacks with brawl+ and not vBrawl.

Thanks

Mettra

Smash Cadet
How do you change the color of Pit's arrows? I've seen this being done before, but I have no idea how.
Thats what I want to do, but no one answers my questions... *glare*

Anyway, you have to go into DATA/effect/fighter/ef_pit.pac

Unpack, edit.

Then The part I haven't figured out yet is where to put it on my SD card. I tried /effect/fighter/ef_pit (Im using v2.1a)

But no luck...

Thats what I need help on.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Thats what I want to do, but no one answers my questions... *glare*

Anyway, you have to go into DATA/effect/fighter/ef_pit.pac

Unpack, edit.

Then The part I haven't figured out yet is where to put it on my SD card. I tried /effect/fighter/ef_pit (Im using v2.1a)

But no luck...

Thats what I need help on.
If you're using 2.1a, it'd probably go in the root of the SD card.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
found out some help for those screwed over by transparencies stuff, if you change the max colors allowed by your image editing software, you can load up some textures that don't with standard 256(5)

Mettra

Smash Cadet
If you're using 2.1a, it'd probably go in the root of the SD card.
really? Because normal textures are found in DATA/fighters/*charname*/*File*, and are put in /fighter/*charname*/*file*

So in theory, since effect files are found in DATA/effect/fighter/*file*, you should put them in /effect/*file* however that has not worked for me so far :(

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Is it possible to use both File Replacement 1.3 and 1.1 to try and minimize the chance of freezing or does one override the other

Edit: 2.0 Started freezing for me all of a sudden. No idea why. I changed back to 1.3 and it still froze. I don't always want to wait for the textures to load in 1.1, so that's why I'm asking if you could add both.

Azurie

Smash Cadet
Just started using textures, and all of em work great except for zss. Only 1 out of the 4 I have for her work. Any reason why this may be?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Is it possible to use both File Replacement 1.3 and 1.1 to try and minimize the chance of freezing or does one override the other

Edit: 2.0 Started freezing for me all of a sudden. No idea why. I changed back to 1.3 and it still froze. I don't always want to wait for the textures to load in 1.1, so that's why I'm asking if you could add both.
I am almost certain both won't work at the same time. I use 1.3

Just started using textures, and all of em work great except for zss. Only 1 out of the 4 I have for her work. Any reason why this may be?
Do you have the .pac files and are they named properly???

Azurie

Smash Cadet
3 of em have pacs, (including the 1 that works right), and they all follow the same naming convention as the 1 that works.

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
Wario Glitch

I was making a new texture for Wario. When I started the game, this came out.

Texture fail!

Creepy ain't it?

However when I close in, everything looks good. body and leg were indexed to 256 colors.

pahoeho

Smash Rookie
I have the pal version of the game.. should I follow this tutorial except using the pal codes? Or are there differences?

Richard7

Smash Ace
Stack Smash has been temporarily suspended...
You beat me to it. Whats up with that anyway? As long as its temporary I'm happy.

Also, I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but lots of Wario texture hacks don't work. The stage loads, but during certain Wario animations (not sure which ones) it freezes the game. Its happened to me with Zombie Wario, Flying Wario and Eggman Wario. The only Wario texture hack that works for me is Striker Wario, which only came with a .pcs file, which is strange that it works because don't you need .pac files for Wario's textures to work?

Also, I'm aware certain texture just simply don't work (for whatever reason) but I found a work around for 99% of them. Usually when you have a texture that doesn't work, you push start on the character select screen, you see the stage select screen for like less than a second, then the game freezes and your Wii makes a buzzing noise. To avoid this, just change your stage selection to random! You push start at the character select screen and then the stage starts loading. I don't know if this is already known but I thought I'd just share it.

I don't know if this anything to do with the Wario textures not working, but I have the PAL version of brawl.

Dr Eggman

Smash Rookie
Anyone got the Character Selection Portraits working?
I'm using the Syntax Error Pack.

My csp's are at /private/wii/app/rsbe/info/portrite/InfFaceXXX.brres

Am i missing something? Or are CSP's not supported by the loader?
I'm using File Replacement 2.1a

Its the NTSC version of brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom