• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Anyone got the Character Selection Portraits working?
I'm using the Syntax Error Pack.

My csp's are at /private/wii/app/rsbe/info/portrite/InfFaceXXX.brres

Am i missing something? Or are CSP's not supported by the loader?
I'm using File Replacement 2.1a

Its the NTSC version of brawl.
It was my understanding that battle portraits do not work with SD loading... I could be wrong though and it might have just been in the older version of the code.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Anyone got the Character Selection Portraits working?
I'm using the Syntax Error Pack.

My csp's are at /private/wii/app/rsbe/info/portrite/InfFaceXXX.brres

Am i missing something? Or are CSP's not supported by the loader?
I'm using File Replacement 2.1a

Its the NTSC version of brawl.
Your directory setup is incorrect. The "info" folder has to be inside the "pf" folder to work. Your directory setup should be like the setup below.

(SD drive)\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\info\portrite\InfFace###.brres

YeahVeryeah

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4184-3623-5583
I'm still getting the freezing at the point before the wrist straps, and no one from the IRC has been able to help.

Edit: Perhaps I should explain it more. Y'see, I get the fighter folder, put the textures in there, make sure every one is replacing, make the .pac version of each one that needs it, and delete the ones that don't work (according to stacksmash. I got the ]ee[ hacks mere seconds before it went down) when I run it on gecko 1.8, it freezes at the previously mentioned point. I've tried removing the fighter folder, and I can still run Brawl+ fine. (doing it right now, in fact) But when I try to add the fighter folder, which is in PF, the problem reoccurs. I've even tried using different textures from a different guy, but no dice. So, if anyone could help, that'd be great.

YeahVeryeah

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4184-3623-5583
Well, this is weird. I got a different premade SD from some dude. I tried putting a fighter folder in there and it didn't work. I deleted it, ran it, and fought against a texture swapped Peach. I did notice some other files in there, I guess. W/e, I'll figure it out later.

edit: *facepalm* Well, I deleted the fighter folder, but not from my SD. Still doesn't explain why it didn't work before, though.

YeahVeryeah

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4184-3623-5583
Okay, I got it to work. It still freezes, but if I try again right after, it works. But... it still freezes sometimes, like when I pick a stage, though this might be 'cuz I need to wait for it to stop making sounds. It also froze once when I tried to reset the game, though, and that's not cool, bro.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
*sigh* I've been unable to get these to work. Couldn't figure out how to make a GCT file. :/

Can't work on it right now (unless their is a way to make use of the Homebrew Browser)...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Okay, I got it to work. It still freezes, but if I try again right after, it works. But... it still freezes sometimes, like when I pick a stage, though this might be 'cuz I need to wait for it to stop making sounds. It also froze once when I tried to reset the game, though, and that's not cool, bro.
Gecko OS 1.8 is known to have freezing issues, which is why it was updated to 1.8.0.2.

Try using Gecko OS 1.8.0.2 if you don't have it.

YeahVeryeah

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4184-3623-5583
Gecko OS 1.8 is known to have freezing issues, which is why it was updated to 1.8.0.2.

Try using Gecko OS 1.8.0.2 if you don't have it.
Oh, at the time of that posting, I was using 1.07. I was able to figure out that it was an issue regarding Bowser and PT. Even though I have the .pac files for them, they freeze. Bowser freezes after the wii stops making noises after selecting him ( I assume this means the point that it has loaded the texture,) And PT freezes when his pokemon get KO'd, or when I tried to restart the game. Zelda also froze when I tried to switch to Sheik, but that's predictable enough that I didn't delete the textures for her, as I needed to for the other two. However, I'll see if 1.8.0.2 fixes this.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
Edit: I just realized that made no sense. I uploaded a bunch of textures for different characters just a moment ago and all of them worked with the exception of Wario's. Wario's textures made the game freeze, is this a common problem.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
We need someone to upload all the character effect textures, and a tut on where to put them back...

NOW. <:p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hmmm. this doesn't work with SDHC cards, even with the gecko OS that supports it. The codes are the problem then?
Even if Gecko OS supports SDHC cards, they are not compatible with Super Smash Bros. Brawl. You need to use a standard SD card (2 GB or less) if you're playing Brawl.

illinialex24

Smash Hero

criminallawyer

Smash Rookie
Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (Updated Code, added section

Ok I will just list them...
1.Our news will also be listed in the forums : dstemp.com/forums ,so check that out...
2.The homebrew update!
1. English Patch for POKEMON PLATINUM
Patch updated to V2.5!

Minor tweaks here and there. I can't even remember them all.
I padded he internal files. This allows for a smaller patch file. Also, it should allow for AR codes to work.
The GTS is fixed. Go trade some Pokemon.
Version 2 Updates:
The Pokemon Menu and all of it's contents are now in English. This means natures, attacks, abilities, names, and so forth.
The battle menu is now in English.
Most all of the battle text is in English now. I need to test it more, but it seems good.
You can buy honey now! The text is in japanese though.
Some more of the Pokedex has been modifed.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Oh it means it goes in the regular pf/fighter/Charactername/FitCharacterFinal.pac

So you would put it in the pf/fighter/poketrainer/FitPokeTrainerFinal.pac
Ah! Me gots an idea. Ill try it later.

EDIT: NVM, there's no way it would work *sob*

Do you know if FIle replacement CAN alter any file within the ISO? or is it just the fighter, CSP and stages?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ah! Me gots an idea. Ill try it later.

EDIT: NVM, there's no way it would work *sob*

Do you know if FIle replacement CAN alter any file within the ISO? or is it just the fighter, CSP and stages?
Theoretically I think any one. I can edit entries, Final Smashes and the like. Same with items and stages. Theoretically, I could change the videos for the Subspace. But it'd be hard. And worthless for the latter.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Theoretically I think any one. I can edit entries, Final Smashes and the like. Same with items and stages. Theoretically, I could change the videos for the Subspace. But it'd be hard. And worthless for the latter.
Final smashes how? Like the effect (ex. Blue fire for Ike) or something different?

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Hey everyone I have a question regarding the CSS portrait. How do I go about renaming the file so that the portrait shows up on the CSS? I've got all the textures that I want in my game, now I just want the portraits to work as well. Please help? Thanks.

Also, at times my game freezes. The only Mods I have are the Texture hacks and Scotu's Modified Character Select Screen + Tournament Edition mods. Anyone else have this issue?

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
about the CSS mods, with the new file replacement code do the battle portraits have to go in the root of the SD card as well?

YeahVeryeah

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4184-3623-5583
Also, at times my game freezes. The only Mods I have are the Texture hacks and Scotu's Modified Character Select Screen + Tournament Edition mods. Anyone else have this issue?
I have similar problems, I think. If it's the same, then to fix the problem, you need to remove the textures for Bowser and PT, plus don't switch between Zelda and Sheik. Even though I have the .pac files, it seems to freeze whenever I use Bowser's textures, when PT dies, or when you switch. I wouldn't be surprised if zss had the same problem, but I haven't tried that yet :/

Icefrio

Smash Cadet
Okay, I've been playing around with this, and there are a few things I haven't been able to nail down.

One, I can't seem to get the eyes to work for final smashes. Whenever I attempt to change what the eyes of a character look like, and then create final smash eyes to parallel them, they don't seem to work. There's always a large discolored area around the eyes. For example, I had made a Zero Two texture for Kirby, and I've tried both making the area surrounding the final smash eyes magenta and transparent. Neither worked. I can't figure out what the issue is, and I'm not sure if I'm explaining it as well as I can. If you think you can help me with the problem, please ask and I'll elaborate. I'm using Paint.Net for textures, if that matters. Thank you!

The second thing is that I have some weird lines popping up in a Lucas texture, as seen in this picture:

http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/snapshots/140835.jpg

I don't quite see what's wrong with it, I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. Let me know if you can help at all! It would be greatly appreciated!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Hey everyone I have a question regarding the CSS portrait. How do I go about renaming the file so that the portrait shows up on the CSS? I've got all the textures that I want in my game, now I just want the portraits to work as well. Please help? Thanks.

From what I've heard, CSPs don't work if you're using a modified CSS anyway. So you have to choose between having the portraits or having the modified screen, but not both.

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have a link to a Pit arrow texture, and where to place it?
Untill futher notice, this is impossible.

No one seems interested enough in effects to research it but me. I have NO idea what im doing wrong, but once i descover something, ill post.

Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom