• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Aion

Smash Rookie
yesterday i found a glitch on lylat cruise while playing with furbs. i was playing with sonic and the cruiser hit the top of the yellow sun structure while i was taunting and fell through the structure leading to my death. i call it the "yellow structure" because idk what it is... myabe lylat should be banned. although when we tried again, nothing happened. give it a shot yourself and hold down or try different stuff but it most definitely happened.

heytallman

CTALL
Does everyone in Houston have ADD or something? I don't find the background distracting at all. I just don't like the little slopes at the very end of the stage and the height of the platforms.

Edit: Dinggnid, I see you've seen the light. Lucas does indeed wreck shop.

CY

Smash Ace
Does everyone in Houston have ADD or something? I don't find the background distracting at all. I just don't like the little slopes at the very end of the stage and the height of the platforms.

yes, Lucas for top tier.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I see no problem with Lylat either, other than that the slanted-ness of the stage can make recovery hard sometimes.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I don't mind the background at all (in fact i think the display is pretty ****in cool, same for FD).
What I DON'T like is whenever I try to sweetspot the edge with my overB, theres a chance that the ship will go "Nah, we don't like you", tilt up, and then I catch a beak full of nothing.
my favorite part of brawl is the inability for sethlon to fin who.re :-)
:(:(:(
Thats okay, I can chaingrab like everyone now ^_^

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
yesterday i found a glitch on lylat cruise while playing with furbs. i was playing with sonic and the cruiser hit the top of the yellow sun structure while i was taunting and fell through the structure leading to my death. i call it the "yellow structure" because idk what it is... myabe lylat should be banned. although when we tried again, nothing happened. give it a shot yourself and hold down or try different stuff but it most definitely happened.
its was delphino, not lylat, lol now delphino will be banned :'(

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman

Lols, yes, lucas does wreck shop indeed.

But Lylat Cruise = fail. >_<

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
well it doesnt open till 11 but if you see a dude walkin around with a beard thats me haha
and arent you goin to an opera pope :O

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
my thoughts exactly. im leaving my house at 10 so iuno when im gettin there. but i like bein early..more warm up.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Rayzorium, Jesusfreak, and myself will be leaving austin at 9am for this.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Tournament today! woohoo! My mom almost decided not to let me go for some reason, but I managed to talk her in to it. I don't want those countless hours that I've been practicing for two weeks to go to waste.

I'm glad I've been learning ner tricks to this game every day, and I just learned a new one last night that should help me quite a bit in the tourny :p

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Houston, Houston, Houston... I will be joining you this summer... can anyone tell me how often big tournies are held? I would like to join you guys... and see how good the Houston Crew is.. =D

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Wow this tourny was hard xD. I only won against one person and my friend (jagged) lost both rounds.

It was still pretty fun for my first tourny, I didn't expect to battle the person hosting it as the first fight though since there were 80 people o.o

I kept getting nervous and messing up my chain grabs and finnishing grabs :/ but in the first round of the loosers bracket I started doing well with those grabs, everyone was rooting for the other guy though xD.

Anyways...

Furbs, your Yoshi was pretty good, you beat my yoshi without too much trouble.

Xyro's samus was tough to do anything to, I couldn't really grab her with Ice Climbers, and when I used Yoshi, there was a constant flow of missiles comming at me, though I could get close every now and then.

Angel's pokemon trainer was alright, he didn't really know how to fight Ice Climbers though, since he stayed on the ground a lot and I could grab it easily, though his Ivysaur really did do a lot of dammage to me.

Angy's Mr. Game & Watch destroyed my Ice Climbers, but luckily I was able to do well with Pit against him. I found him easy to grab him with Pit for some reason, but I still lost :/

I had an epic match before the tourny started against a Snake, but I don't know who it was against. I started loosing with my Yoshi early on, but in the end I made a comeback, and it ended with us both hitting eachother all the way up in the air and we were both falling in the background, but he ended up dieing a half second before I did.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Houston, Houston, Houston... I will be joining you this summer... can anyone tell me how often big tournies are held? I would like to join you guys... and see how good the Houston Crew is.. =D
Well, to give you an idea, there were 81 peeps at the tourney today. :psycho:

AAGH, MAN i am frustrated with how i did at PZ! I won my first set, but then I lost my second to Kira on the third match, at 1 life each, both of us close to or over 100%. :( I also SD'd twice my third and final set (:mad:), and thusly lost to Cezar on the third match, which was once again, 1 life each. :urg:

Overall, all the sets I lost were just too close to call. Felt like I could've gotten WAY farther. Props to Kira's snake and Cezar's rob, a couple of the best snakes and robs I've ever seen, besides T-Rex's snake and Axxo's rob. Oh wellz, it was still really fun, c yall at the next 1! Hopefully I won't come back from THAT one flamin about my losses...:dizzy:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Well, to give you an idea, there were 81 peeps at the tourney today. :psycho:

AAGH, MAN i am frustrated with how i did at PZ! I won my first set, but then I lost my second to Kira on the third match, at 1 life each, both of us close to or over 100%. :( I also SD'd twice my third and final set (:mad:), and thusly lost to Cezar on the third match, which was once again, 1 life each. :urg:

Overall, all the sets I lost were just too close to call. Felt like I could've gotten WAY farther. Props to Kira's snake and Cezar's rob, a couple of the best snakes and robs I've ever seen, besides T-Rex's snake and Axxo's rob. Oh wellz, it was still really fun, c yall at the next 1! Hopefully I won't come back from THAT one flamin about my losses...:dizzy:

Axxo's ROB was godly o.o Before the tourny, a lot of people challenged him and no one beat him xD. I lost pretty badly against him before the tourny too.

Oh yeah, glitches weren't allowed right? because I saw quite a few snakes doing the snake dash to up smash slide glitch.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Axxo's ROB was godly o.o Before the tourny, a lot of people challenged him and no one beat him xD. I lost pretty badly against him before the tourny too.

Oh yeah, glitches weren't allowed right? because I saw quite a few snakes doing the snake dash to up smash slide glitch.
It's not considered a glitch...it's considered more of an...exploit? Kinda like every1's sliding up-smash. Glitches are things like, well....iono any that could be done on any stage that they haven't banned already...maybe they'd consider D3's infinite grabs on yoshi's island and corneria a glitch? Me no know. :dizzy:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
It's not considered a glitch...it's considered more of an...exploit? Kinda like every1's sliding up-smash. Glitches are things like, well....iono any that could be done on any stage that they haven't banned already...maybe they'd consider D3's infinite grabs on yoshi's island and corneria a glitch? Me no know. :dizzy:
Oh, ok, didn't know. (And Dedede's grab thing is on Yoshi's Island and Corneria? I didn't know that lol)

Popertop

Smash Champion
I think those would fall under the "******** poop" category.

What part of H-town do you live in?
Like westside, east side.
Where exactly?

You can PM me if you don't wanna post it here.
I'm trying to set up a bunch of smashfests over the summer at my house,
so I'm trying to see whose close and whatnot.

Also, Pimpslap, I'll be staying at my house in Pearland the rest of the summer, and I'm pretty sure that's closer to where you live.

Top Bottom